Sign in to follow this  
abs

Tomorrow is the Rapture...

Oh come on, don't you guys know Jesus was American, so the world will end on America time. Whether that's east or west I don't know, did he specify? And I failed the test (unsurprisingly) but I'm guessing he made a miscalculation like he did in 1994.

As usual, another religious event turns out to be a non-starter...

When will people learn...

Wait, so the Bible specified 6PM?

It's not a non-starter for another half-hour.

It's 6pm EST and the world is still here.

Must have meant tomorrow..... :)

Retired Metropolitan Transportation Authority worker Robert Fitzpatrick, 60, said he spent more than $140,000 of his savings on subway posters and bus shelter advertisements warning of the May 21 Judgment Day.

This is the only reason why I like these "End of the world" parties. Because people do thing like this. Hope he has money for the "I was Wrong posters". Hooray for the misinformed!

I am reminded of this.

Z0GFRcFm-aY

That's great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes,

an aeroplane - Lenny Bruce is not afraid.

Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn,

world serves its own needs, dummy serve your own needs.

Feed it up a notch, grunt, no, strength,

The ladder starts to clatter with fear fight down height.

Wire in a fire, representing seven games, a government for hire and a combat site.

Left of west and coming in a hurry with the furies breathing down your neck.

Team by team reporters baffled, trumped, tethered cropped.

Look at that low plane,

Fine, then.

Uh oh, overflow, population, common food, but it'll do.

Save yourself, serve yourself. World serves its own needs, listen to your heart bleed dummy with the rapture and the Reverend and the right - right.

You vitriolic, patriotic, slam, fight, bright light, feeling pretty psyched.

lol

Well I have to say I'm just a little bit disappointed. It would have been fun witnessing the end of the world. :bored:

I think I've been raptured yall.

It's foggy here and theres sweet music playing and human-like shapes drifting about.....Bless!

*lighter sparks and reggae resumes*

I think I've been raptured yall.

It's foggy here and theres sweet music playing and human-like shapes drifting about.....Bless!

*lighter sparks and reggae resumes*

LSD is a helluva drug.

I sold my house and all my worldly goods and gave all the money to Harold Camping so he could warn people about the rapture, sob. What do I do now? I'm broke and all I have is this tent and this phone.

Please give generously so I can devote my life to warning people about false prophets!

I hope to be as rich as Harold Camping one day! :D

In 2007 his organisation was worth $152 million. They were still asking for donations up until a week before May 21st.

Should I be warning people about false profits or false prophets? lol

Also watch this! Camping predicting the end of the world on September 6th 1994 lol

This is from Michael Moore's TV Nation (1994) in which correspondent Louis Theroux investigates the religious groups known as "Millennialists." Harold Camping is shown predicting Judgment Day for September, 1994. Camping also poses with the copy camera he bought cheap from Jim Jones, when the latter closed down his California People's Temple operation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones

Edited by PELHAM

Camping also poses with the copy camera he bought cheap from Jim Jones
Says everything you would need to ever know right there.

I wont get into the religious debate of things but lets just say that from the christian aspect (of which he comes from apparently with his quotes and references) even they see this bloke as a complete sharloton and nutjob, and yes you may have your view ref the Christian angle, but save it, Im just saying, hes the equivalent of "extremist" in that "group" ... if you get me, I suspect he's made plenty of money off the back of it though and a bit of fame, bad or good its all P.R.

Edited by mrcash2009

Well I have to say I'm just a little bit disappointed. It would have been fun witnessing the end of the world. :bored:

Isn't rapture when all the 'good people' are pulled to heaven? supposedly that is the rumor that in october the apocolypse comes, I can't believe people buy into this stuff so effortlessly though, the UK and US took it waaaaaay too far.

some guys on another forum had a idea why the rapture didn't happen:

172395d1305950165-funny-strange-random-pics-yrmnm.jpg

172427d1306022078-funny-strange-random-pics-249636_228997403781816_124353230912901_1061796_3931000_n-1-.jpg

Edited by Red Oct