Sign in to follow this  
Nistenf

Euphoria, the best "ragdolls"

Do you think it could benefit the game?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it could benefit the game?

• Yes
    • No

To all of the people who say that ragdoll sucks and that the bodies do not have weight and all that, have you heard of Euphoria?

I'll let the videos speak

Qi5adyccoKI

q0yvs6RJVVY

I don't know about lag, it's used on GTA IV and I haven't read about it being laggy.

Edited by Nistenf

You know you have to use just the ID-code of Youtube vids to create a working preview ;)

To all of the people who say that ragdoll sucks and that the bodies do not have weight and all that, have you heard of Euphoria?

I'll let the videos speak

Qi5adyccoKI

q0yvs6RJVVY

I don't know about lag, it's used on GTA IV and I haven't read about it being laggy.

Fixed.

@Nistenf Check your vid! Just use the the youtube button and insert the ID like:

[YO UTUBE] DLJPr2lyno [/ YOUTUBE]

Edit: @Iroquois Pliskin Thanks!

How many radgoll topics do we need ?

Euphoria is more than just ragdolls. It's a whole new physics based animation system.

I don't see it happening though... but then again the system requirements for A3 are high enough for this to be reasonable.

Sorry, fixed the videos, it's the other way around on some other forums.

edit:

I don't think Euphoria adds that much to the requeriments, I played GTA IV at the maximum when it came out on a computer that wasn't the most expensive and it played flawlessly. I know the two games have different scopes but still, there's a lot of characters on screen on GTA

Euphoria is more than just ragdolls. It's a whole new physics based animation system.

I don't see it happening though... but then again the system requirements for A3 are high enough for this to be reasonable.

Just a classic ragdoll will do. I mean, the current system regards infantry as part of the island - you can't jump, if you somehow manage to get a millimetre off the ground while on foot, the system punishes you in unimaginable ways.

Yep, but this video was already posted and discussed in some other ragdoll topic.

Probably, but people can't see it if it's lost in a thread, and I wanted this to be a discussion about Euphoria and its possible (or not) implementation

euphoria is more than simple ragdoll, the real reason there is much hype around it...do your homework next time...

oh, and have a cookie, you are the first who have ever heard about this in this community...go figure

I wonder though: Is it really necessary for yet ANOTHER fucking thread about physics?

What's your point with it? You suggesting something or just trying to let us all know about euphoria's existence, in which case, there is no purpose because i think everyone is well aware of it?

Probably, but people can't see it if it's lost in a thread, and I wanted this to be a discussion about Euphoria and its possible (or not) implementation

You want to talk about Euphoria, start a thread about it in the OFFTOPIC section, because it will NOT see the day of light in A3. Simple put it might be possible on a theoretical level, but it just not gonna happen

Edited by PuFu

I know it's more than ragdoll, I was just saying that it could be an alternative to it. And I never said that I was the only one who has ever heard about it, just calm down