Sign in to follow this  
[xdf]kanga

Will there be a 3d mission editor?

ArmA2 has had the unfinished 3d mission editor for a long time, it would be great to finally see it fully functional. Having used the 3d mission editor in VBS2 I know how much easier it is to create missions especially the placing of objects.

How do you use the 3D editor on A2?

search it in addons complete.

I hope it will be at least more usable then in current arma2 state. It is almost impossible to create some specific and complex missions without such editor... there is very often a need to place different objects precisely, which is impossible without real-time placing and preview.

Edited by MessiahUA

I hope there will be a lot of changes made with the editor, less needed manual scripting, integrated briefing/debriefing, customizable loadout without scripting, easier map making, integrated working 3D editor, integrated adding objectives, etc, etc.

I will mainly buy the game for the editor.

I also hope there will be more graphic options that enables lighter Gcards to handle the game without it being a slideshow (basic static lighting for example instead of dynamic). And also less lagging buildings and vegetation. I fear I am asking for to much >_<

I hope it will be at least more usable then in current arma2 state. It is almost impossible to create some specific and complex missions without such editor... there is very often a need to place different objects precisely, which is impossible without real-time placing and preview.

I wouldn't say impossible, but very time consuming indeed.

Kanga;1930436']ArmA2 has had the unfinished 3d mission editor for a long time' date=' it would be great to finally see it fully functional. Having used the 3d mission editor in VBS2 I know how much easier it is to create missions especially the placing of objects.[/quote']

How was it unfinished?

seriously? I'm not going to write a list on whats not working with it. I suggest you access it your self and you will see. You will also see how much potential it has.

search it in addons complete.

You do know there is a 3D editor in vanilla ArmA 2?

The current editor is needlesly time consuming.

I really do hope we see one. From what I recall the 3DE for ARMA2 was on the "nice to have list", but was never completed. It will be great to see a fully functional one.

It will be great to see a fully functional one.

With separated, full moveable windows which can shows you what your camera sees, which way your camera are going, and where (on the map) your camera is... In the matter of making cutscenes. Oh yes, that would be great.

:yay:

Edited by JustEvil