Sign in to follow this  
daveygary1979

daveygarys Rangers

mad respect for 68W. thank you for coming for us. every. single. time.

Ok, here is what I did to use DaveyGary's pilot helmets and crew helmets...

It works best to use soldiers with no helmets in their model. I like to use the US_Pilot_Light_EP1.

In your mission you must have a description.ext file which contains the following:

Description.ext

class CfgIdentities

{

class Pilot_Visor //Name this what you want to help remember which helmet it is

{

name="Pilot 1"; //Name this what you want also

face="Face03"; //I just picked different faces for the heck of it

glasses="Tactical_Sunglass_visor"; //This is DaveyGary's helmet type

speaker="Male01EN"; //I changed the voice for each one

pitch=1.0;

};

class Crew_Skull

{

name="Crew Skull";

face="Face61";

glasses="Tactical_Sunglass_pilot";

speaker="Male04EN";

pitch=1.0;

};

class Crew_Chief

{

name="Crew Chief";

face="Face53";

glasses="Tactical_Sunglass_crew";

speaker="Male02EN";

pitch=1.0;

};

class Door_Gunner

{

name="Door Gunner";

face="Face87";

speaker="Male05EN";

pitch=1.0;

};

class Rear_Gunner

{

name="Rear Gunner";

face="Face87";

speaker="Male03EN";

pitch=1.0;

};

I made identities for each position. You do not need to do the same.

Now you must implement these with the soldiers you are using by using the setIdentity command.

here is a snippet from a CH-47F I loaded out:

_copilot = _grp createUnit ["US_Pilot_Light_EP1",[0,0,30], [], 0, "FORM"];

_copilot setIdentity "Pilot_Visor";

_copilot setskill 0.6;

_copilot setRank "LIEUTENANT";

_copilot moveInCargo [_heli,0];

_crewchief = _grp createUnit ["US_Pilot_Light_EP1",[0,0,30], [], 0, "FORM"];

_crewchief setIdentity "Crew_Chief";

_crewchief setskill 0.5;

_crewchief setRank "SERGEANT";

_crewchief moveInTurret [_heli,[0]];

_doorgunner = _grp createUnit ["US_Pilot_Light_EP1",[0,0,30], [], 0, "FORM"];

_doorgunner setIdentity "Door_Gunner";

_doorgunner setskill 0.5;

_doorgunner setRank "CORPORAL";

_doorgunner moveInTurret [_heli,[1]];

_reargunner = _grp createUnit ["US_Pilot_Light_EP1",[0,0,30], [], 0, "FORM"];

_reargunner setIdentity "Rear_Gunner";

_reargunner setskill 0.5;

_reargunner setRank "CORPORAL";

_reargunner moveInTurret [_heli,[2]];

You can also add to the init of the soldier in the editor via:

this setIdentity "Pilot_Visor" or whatever name you picked in the description.ext

Tactical_Sunglass_visor : this is pilot/co pilot helmet

Tactical_Sunglass_pilot : this has the skull on the face sheild

Tactical_Sunglass_crew : this is same helmet/face shield as Tactical_Sunglass_pilot without the skull

Hopefully this helps. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Edited by panther42

panther mate, mind making a demo mission? dunno what im doing wrong but just cant get it to work! lol ... sorry

What I did was made the "description.ext" and then named my light_pilot to "Crew_Skull" but nothing, this is right yeah?

Edit: never mind, got it to work by just adding "this setIdentity "Crew_Skull" in my units init line!

Thanks so much mate :)

Ps: how would you add that kind of snipper you did? ...

Edited by DarkXess

Glad you got it sorted out. These helmets really add to the atmosphere of the game. Great job with these DaveyGary!

The partial code in the example is one I use with Mando Missles Air Support Console. I don't know if you've ever used it, but that thing kicks a$$...

I'm still on a learning curve with it, but you can do just about anything with air assets. Highly customizable with all the variables Mando has built into it.

Hi daveygary1979,

this is an awesome work well done.

They look so great but there is one thing that i dont like so much, they wear the nightvision alwasy on top of the Helm and whene i use the nightvion there are two from this on the top and in front of my eyes. I thing it is difficult to script that to remove the nightvision on top whene you use it i guess.

I saw this today i must remember your UNITS.

The Mod: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=121991&highlight=marsoc

With nightvision on top: http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/arma2oa2011-07-1121-37-52-90_4.jpg

With nightvision in front of eyes: http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/arma2oa2011-07-1121-37-12-03_4.jpg

Sorry for my bad english ............................... Germans ;)

Edited by Indrid Cole

The way that is done in the MARSOC mod is the NVG on the helm is a 'Glasses' proxy on the player that you choose from the player editor, meaning you'll have to wear it either all the time on every, including non-MARSOC, unit.

Hey daveygary1979

Nice Mod ;D

But i need the class names of the soilders!

I would like to add these in Insurgency, to do so, i need to add the class names in a file!

If its possible, the fast as you can, pls xd

Example -->

"US_Soldier_TL_EP1","US_Soldier_Medic_EP1"

Edited by B1n4ry

bon_recruit_recruitableunits = [

"rb_squadleader",

"rb_ar",

"rb_ranger2",

"rb_ranger1",

"rb_at",

"rb_medic",

"rb_engineer",

"rb_marksman"

];

Very very nice units. Interestingly the backpacks seem to work even without ace. And from pictures on the web these definitely look like what SF/Ranger units seem to use.

Thanks.

Links to all of the glasses files have been removed for some odd reason... I would really love to try out these units sometime as they look absolutely fantastic! Nice work on these units btw. :)

Links to all of the glasses files have been removed for some odd reason... I would really love to try out these units sometime as they look absolutely fantastic! Nice work on these units btw. :)

Six Updater has the tactical glasses.

from the looks of the new Marsoc guys when you put on nods you take them off your helmet, possibly you could ask him how he did it and do tha same for yours?

Currently my favourite troops to use, not so keen on scars, prefer them to have M4s, but beggars can't be choosers. Love the 75th ranger regiment.

Vid with the some new animations here:

Really love these skins and will be using them in our future deployments.

Thanks again man.

Awesome skins!!! These are probably the most authentic skins for ARMA II ever! Stay safe daveygary and I hope that you will return to work on these once you're back :)

Edited by AMS AGENT 000

You know, when he gets back from deployment ill have to ask him about M4/M16 Loadouts and ACE Loadouts. Amoung other things ill ask him are ACU and BDU Versions of which ive seen people ask for. Man these rangers are fantabulous.

I love these skins and after using them for a while, I've come up with a list of possible improvements that, I believe, will make these the most authentic and kiss-ass rangers ever! ( I really wish to see these happen ;) ). These are:

1. Please make the helmets Ranger Green/OD (not sure the difference). Rangers have not been using tan helmets for a while now and all images of rangers in tan helmets show them wearing UCP and/or PCU jackets, which is an outdated look. Also the helmet straps could ideally be black or a dark color(OD maybe?)

2. The Crye Combat Shirt should not hang lower than the belt(tucked in). It just looks weird right now, however I understood that it's only currently this way because you just re-skinned the regular ACU. This issue just seems to bother me the most about your rangers, I guess I just can't accept that currently your rangers don't look very clean/semi-clean and uniform.

3. Other (nitpicking): New/different gloves, all camelbaks in ranger green maybe?, rolled up sleeves maybe?, maybe tone down the number of american flags on the some of the rangers(no offence to the patriotic), and finally I believe someone on the thread already suggested this but SAW ammo pouches for the gunner.

4. Just kidding. Everything else about these Rangers are extremely authentic and well-done!

Thanks for bearing with me and reading this, and if you ever need any Ranger reference pics let me know! I love your work daveygary and I apologize if I sound too critical/negative :D

Edited by AMS AGENT 000

Ive noticed quite a few pages back, the ACE medic classname got brought up but never got an answer. Anyone know the ACE medic classname? Using the replacement config made by daveygary but the medic class isn't working, and is the only one not working. Anyone know?