Sign in to follow this  
daveygary1979

daveygarys Rangers

@Daveygary,

I've made a replacement pbo.

To replace the Delta Force with your Rangers.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20355847/Ranger_Delta_Force_Replacement_rar

thanks dude, thats awesome!!!

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

as far as the classnames i think this is what you are talking about right?

"Tactical_Sunglass_Black",

"Tactical_Sunglass_Blue",

"Tactical_Sunglass_Green",

"Tactical_Sunglass_Orange",

"Tactical_Sunglass_Pink",

"Tactical_Sunglass_Red",

"Tactical_Sunglass_White",

"Tactical_Sunglass_visor",

"Tactical_Sunglass_crew",

"Tactical_Sunglass_pilot",

"Tactical_Sunglass_clear"

@Lao Fei Mao

can you make a replacement for regular us army?

---Rangers is an elite US army same as the Delta force. So if use them to replace the regular US army, would be unpractical,right?

Rangers aren't on the same level as Delta though, nowhere near.

Thanks for the classnames btw :)

It's not hard to edit a replacement file the way you want it. Download a de-pbo tool. If binarized a second fitting tool. And edit the config. Just don't forget to change it's name. With that you can also equip the units with whatever you like. It just takes some time.

Thanks for the glasses classnames. Could please you put up the classnames for the backpacks aswell.

Thanks again.

Please read what I have said about my time restraint, I am sure to you that spending 40 seconds at the start of a mission is more important to you than My remaining time at home with my wife and kids but unfortunately for you your time doesn't really come into consideration and it's upto me to do the changes, I am sorry for being an ass but really it doesn't take much to read back a few pages to see as to why I can't work on these much!

Its okay, its not your fault. :) I understand that you have difficulty doing what I wanted. But all I wanted was a answer to that, and now that you have given me the answer, I thank you.

I don't want to do that everytime ingame, I want it to come with the addon. Sorry for not explaining.

Well i want HK416 as default, he wants m16 as default, he wants m4a1 as default. so as you can see you keep the decision to the creator, cause everybody wants this and that and you can't make everybody happy :)

Ask him if you are allowed to modify the addon , if yes , unpack it, read a bit in the config, change the guns, pack it, have fun :eek:

I myself just write the guns I want directly into the units line.

I don't need gun replacements anymore. :D

Well i want HK416 as default, he wants m16 as default, he wants m4a1 as default. so as you can see you keep the decision to the creator, cause everybody wants this and that and you can't make everybody happy :)

Ask him if you are allowed to modify the addon , if yes , unpack it, read a bit in the config, change the guns, pack it, have fun :eek:

I have no idea on packing.

I have no idea on packing.

you have to download a freeware for that, i use PBOview, it's pretty nice and easy to use, then you have to change the config ( config.cpp), most of addon maker do that with the C++ notepad so you have to download it or it'll give weird shit on a simple notepad

How'bout da good ol' init line in da misshun edita :p

So the Hydration Pack names that you guys wanted are;

rb_backpack_1

rb_backpack_2

rb_backpack_3

rb_backpack_4

rb_backpack_5

i am really looking forward to seeing some more missions, mods, videos and screens that you guys use these models in, the screens and videos i have seen so far are great (i want some help from the guy that did the screens for binkowski's 2008 us army models (those action shots rocked!!!).

@daveygary1979,

Got a chance to test your work before I left and I wonder if you could do an update with adding some models that have rolled up sleeves to the forearms, tucked in shirts, and unbloused boots? The units are great, but I think having a bit more variety in the models would have been a better choice.

sure they aren't apart of the models themselves?

EDIT: yeah, looking through the config file, there are no class names for helmets, so they must be apart of the player models.

Edited by antoineflemming

yeah the helmets are part of the models, i was going to make them changeable but i ran out of time before my deployment.

(oh and antoineflemming is that one of my models silouetted on your signature? if so awesome!!! if not they look very similar lol )

Edited by daveygary1979

Hey Lao Fei Mao, In your replacement config, the medic skin doesnt get replaced. I de-pbo'ed it and took a look to see if i could make a quick change, but its over my head whats wrong. Could you double check it and see about releasing an updated replacement config?

Hey Lao Fei Mao, In your replacement config, the medic skin doesnt get replaced. I de-pbo'ed it and took a look to see if i could make a quick change, but its over my head whats wrong. Could you double check it and see about releasing an updated replacement config?

are you running ace? ace has a different medic class name that needs to be replaced in another ace_replacement file that should be made. this could be why the medic is not replaced.

of course im running ace... arma isnt worth playing without it...nevermind the haters!

What should be the classname? i cant find it on the documentation on the dev heaven stuff for ace

Edited by Lt Gunner

----You must load it with the ACE together,right? This was caused by ACE ruckless system, just find your ace_clientside_config.hpp in your userconfig folder, open it and find the "//#define ACE_DISABLE_RUCKLESS" and delete the "//", then your medic would be right.;)

Thats one way to do it... is there another classname that could be entered into the replacement config that would call on the ruckless model?

yeah the helmets are part of the models, i was going to make them changeable but i ran out of time before my deployment.

(oh and antoineflemming is that one of my models silouetted on your signature? if so awesome!!! if not they look very similar lol )

I wish, but its Voodoo from the Medal of Honor Launch Trailer. And yeah, they do look similar.

nice addon m8!

what about a nice animation of the NVG when you press N instead the standard google popup?

i dont know if you plan to do this but there was a nice animation for dust google in a old addon for OFP BAS, i think it was the ranger or delta addon.

nice work! keep going!