Sign in to follow this  
daveygary1979

daveygarys Rangers

I have also downloaded the latest build and have the same error as Andy.

It appears only once.

Just to let you know. It's not a big issue.

Overall GREAT Units :D Thanks

hey rudy can i ask you to do your magic again but with the ranger file in this dl ( you used the old one before i fixed the pathnames ) thanks mate

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20443136/rangers.rar

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20444089/ess_tactical_sunglasses_rar

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20433811/daveygary_backpacks_rar

this one has the working models but the bikey and bisign dont work!!!

Edited by daveygary1979

When I saw this release at first I was like, "ah great, yet another quick retexture job with maybe a pouch relocated from here to there....<sigh>", but boy was I totally surprised. Quite some thought went into this release and have to say I'm impressed and actually desire to make use of 'em. Great job, man. Really nice! :)

Many thanks for this spectacular addon.

7ushoGJGl3M

Can we have a ACE variant? That would be great!

I don't want to sound like a annoying twat but can you answer this? Please? Thank you!

I don't want to sound like a annoying twat but can you answer this? Please? Thank you!

I think they are ACE compatible.

I can use stuff like medkits and morphine, ACE backpacks etc.

So to answer to that, these propably are compatible to some extent.

are they finished or can we expect some updates?

@Konrad1

Davegarys wrote:

"These models are still in the beta phase so i am sure there are going to be a few issues, but hopefully not too many."

"maybe in a future update but as i have mentioned i am being deployed in less that a month and the rest of the time i am home is spent with my wife and 3 kids so updates are going to be slow, i will get round to it in the end though!"

Even if they are in Beta stage, they are very good quality. I think we can wait till the next update, after Dave's deployment.

Regards

I think they are ACE compatible.

I can use stuff like medkits and morphine, ACE backpacks etc.

So to answer to that, these propably are compatible to some extent.

I was thinking more of guns, like having m4s instead of SCARs.

As mentioned above read the forums, I have answerd most of your questions earlier in my posts! I dont know how to make the models ace compatible so for now they are as is as mentioned! I will update when I get the opportunity but I need patience. Thanks guys.

Oh and the hydration packs are removable so you can use ace rucks if you want to, and if the missions you run are ace missions go check out an ammo box, there will probably be an ace m4 in there. As for the ace wounding system I have used it with these guys aswell as all the ace goggles, gasmasks, and earplugs etc dust and ear ringing also effect the models so as a whole they seem to be fairly ace compatible!

Edited by daveygary1979

These guys are absolutely superb man! Don't sweat making your mod compatible with all the other mods right out of the gate, these work just fine on their own ;) I will definitely be using your work in my future projects!

I was thinking more of guns, like having m4s instead of SCARs.

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "30rnd_556x45_stanag"; this addweapon "ace_m4";

----------------------------------

etc. etc.

Addweapon scripts allow you to use ACE guns.

Anyways, very nice units.

I'm using these in a little campaign I'm making.

hello i always get an CTD when i wanna play as a ranger myself, but i can select the ranger in the armory, that makes me crazy because i already reinstalled the hole game ... i only got the standalone version of OA via steam and its now a clean installation without any other mods, any idea anyone :(

That's a first to me, as far as I know it should run but I run it with co so I don't know what problems might arise with the oa standalone!

That's a first to me, as far as I know it should run but I run it with co so I don't know what problems might arise with the oa standalone!

Hey Dave, didn't you say that these units used some part of the Russian units in A2?

If this is true and I'm not derping, we found the problem.

Edit.

Go look at the credits.

"bohemia Interactive - (use of the russian base model which i edited into the wonderful models before you)"

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "30rnd_556x45_stanag"; this addweapon "ace_m4";

----------------------------------

etc. etc.

Addweapon scripts allow you to use ACE guns.

Anyways, very nice units.

I'm using these in a little campaign I'm making.

I don't want to do that everytime ingame, I want it to come with the addon. Sorry for not explaining.

I don't want to do that everytime ingame, I want it to come with the addon. Sorry for not explaining.

I knew what you meant, I just gave you a solution. ;)

Please read what I have said about my time restraint, I am sure to you that spending 40 seconds at the start of a mission is more important to you than My remaining time at home with my wife and kids but unfortunately for you your time doesn't really come into consideration and it's upto me to do the changes, I am sorry for being an ass but really it doesn't take much to read back a few pages to see as to why I can't work on these much!

@Lao Fei Mao

can you make a replacement for regular us army?