Sign in to follow this  
Cookieeater

Streamline the game this time please

What I'd like to see in Arma III:

Remove the get up key, make it so Z is prone, and z is to get up. Make it so C and ctrl make you crouch, and when crouched, c and ctrl make you stand up again.

Make grenade throwing less clunky

Add an in-game tutorial for new players, showing basic help on the top left(WSAD to move, left-click to shoot) aka BF2 and Red Orchestra style. It'd react to what the player was doing currently. Such as, if a person right clicks to look through the scope, the basic help would pop up on the top left part of the screen once telling the player how to zone their weapon.

Make entry animations into vehicles longer(OFP style)

Allow players to move(walking) while switching weapons

If Friendly TAG is on, whenever a character makes a radio statement, flash their marker in game.

Disable the binoculars from blocking the view, make it so players are in the unarmed animation when not looking through the binos.

????

Weird, i use my S key in a way that i can switch between stand / prone position, why didnt you? Just try to bind your Z key to several commands at once and try it out.

Add an in-game tutorial for new players, showing basic help on the top left(WSAD to move, left-click to shoot)

If someone doesn't know that you use WASD and LMB to move and shoot in shooters he shouldn't be playing ArmA games in the first place.

I hope the other dumbing down you suggest will never make it into the game. Learn to play. No need to ruin it for people who like to play games.

There is already a single key that toggles "prone/get up", and also a key for toggling "crouch/stand". The only problem is that they are badly named in the key setup screen.

There is already a single key that toggles "prone/get up", and also a key for toggling "crouch/stand". The only problem is that they are badly named in the key setup screen.

Indeed but then there are also other keys that make you go prone and up. I think Cookieeater would like BIS to clean up the controls and ditch many of the unnecessarry keys and generally make the player controls more intuitive out of the box.

I hope the other dumbing down you suggest will never make it into the game. Learn to play. No need to ruin it for people who like to play games.

:j:

Hopefully BIS is brave enough to improve their game and ignore comments like this.

There seems to be a lot of hold outs to old OFP ways of doing things in ArmA 2 and even OA, like command menus that have been supplanted by other methods of doing things. I'm excited to see what they've done with their controls.

Well, it's true that the command system could be somehow reworked to be more intuitive. It'll be a hell of a job given the great amount of available commands, but it could be worth it. I'm used to it, but i admit it's not very good.

Wait there is an in game tutorial? Its called boot camp...

The controls should stay the same, the way they have always been. If you need diferent, reconfigure to fit you...

So what we should ask for instead is two filter inputs where we can type in either the command (i.e. "move" will show all commands with "move" in them) and assigned key (i.e. ctrl+m shows all commands that have this assigned to them).

The list of commands are intimidating to new players, and finding what you look for often require help from experienced players who know their way around it. There are a few "issues" with the gui.

Not once have I opened the graphic settings dialog without expanding the advanced section. Why do I have to? Why are the gear filter buttons based on left and right arrows making you scroll past what you're looking for (always in a hurry :D) rather than filter items you can reach with a single click?