Sign in to follow this  
macmillaninc

can we shoot while in a vehicles?

ex) Blackhawk, Chinook, HMMWV, truck, etc...

can we shoot enemy while in a vehicles?

(not only gunners, also passengers)

Edited by MacmillanINC

msy, eww, that's disgusting. People must hunt to eat, not for fun. How many lives did he took like this? Even if those lives of pigs. I would like to see how this heli will hunt for this bastard like this.

Sry for flood. It's just my point.

Edited by yanot

Do you have any idea how dangerous wild boars can be forth both wildlife and people.

Good question....

I have no idea.

Anyone?

alright BIS representative steakslim. Of course you don't know the answer lol.

But seriously, why do you want this so bad? why should BI spend their time? i mean, if you're going to suggest something at least bring up why

If they decide to use the same Engine from arma 1 and 2, then it may be an engine limitation. I've been hoping for something like this, but It won't bother me too much if it isnt included. although It'd be cool to see something like riding on the back of vehicles, such as riding on an M113 (as they did in good ol' Nam to avoid mines blowing the S**t out of the insides). nonetheless I've been in situations where my vehicle was destroyed and I was stranded, although there was a Tank right infront of me that could have easily given me a ride (if I could ride ontop of it :S)

Yeah, this is one of the most wanted features for Arma3, though my most wanted list is getting bigger and bigger for every minute thinking of Arma3..

I would like to be able to shoot enemies while in the passenger seat of a little bird...

Do you have any idea how dangerous wild boars can be forth both wildlife and people.

Spent some years working on a pig farm, in breeder units, tame ones are bad enough if handled poorly.

alright BIS representative steakslim. Of course you don't know the answer lol.

But seriously' date=' why do you want this so bad? why should BI spend their time? i mean, if you're going to suggest something at least bring up why[/quote']

lol yeah I'm the master of nonconstructive dead-end responses.

Passengers being able to shoot their personal weapons from ARMA III vehicles is worth addon makers having to start from scratch.

You heard it here first.

I always find it amazing that arma players come out and actually argue AGAINST this sort of stuff, as if BI awards loyalty points based on not criticising the current game structure. The fewer barriers to players being able to perform any reasonable action inside a game, the fewer moments of gamebreaking immersion there are and the more realistic the game is as a result. In a combat situation, there are situations where it is prudent for those inside a transport helicopter to provide covering fire without being able to dismount. Therefore ingame in those circumstances sitting rigidly like some kind of embalmed mummy stuck in your seat while someone is 50 metres away trying to light you up with AK fire comes across as being somewhat retarded and breaks the immersion.

Therefore, YES omg YES please at last give us the ability to provide fire from vehicles without having to force modders to go to unreasonable lengths to simulate the experience. The modders have better things to work on and as a military simulator the last thing Arma3 should do is lag behind ANY other military game in terms of what you can do. Whats the point of a sandbox Milsim if you can't get realistic military action under fire?

Well... This features is on our list looong time already, like many many others.

No progress in this direction I can say, but we have a time yet, haven't we?

Well... This features is on our list looong time already, like many many others.

Good to know, thank you. :)

_neo_

Very diplomatic ,

Thank you Damu ! :)

I thought this feature was allready included in VBS, so im pretty sure that well see it in ArmA III. (well heres hoping)

depeding on the seat like the side of a little bird transport but not inside of chinook unless at end with open door

I hope it's possible I still remember how much fun it was to shoot out from vehicles in Joint Operations Typhoon Rising, the gameplay of this game was pretty good, a bit similar to arma, just a bit more arcade, but the netcode was much better, it runned perfectly smooth even you played with 250 ppl on one server. what also was cool, you could take a seat in the vehicle or move arround free in a heli or boat, this was just much more fun, not so restricted like in arma where you could just look arround. swiming underwater was also great in joint operations, I remember how I was hiding underwater and waited for enemys to come across and then I got out and killed them with a knife, I had some epic moments with this game. hope it will be in arma3, but I doubt it.

I would love to be able to have a four-man squad ride on the sides of a little bird to a rapid assault.

I would love to. If you can shoot out of vehicles then you have more firepower especially in an ambush. Now you need to get out of an car, and stand in the middle of the road to fight back.

Edited by DeAdSeYe

msy, eww, that's disgusting. People must hunt to eat, not for fun. How many lives did he took like this? Even if those lives of pigs. I would like to see how this heli will hunt for this bastard like this.

Sry for flood. It's just my point.

Since this thread's already been answered by a dev, I don't feel bad for commenting on your uninformed post.

The hogs in that video were getting their 'lives took', due to over-population, disease, and crop destruction. Hogs like those in the video cost their government and land owners hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars a year. The only other solution would be for YOU to donate all of your money, time, and effort into catching, vaccinating, feeding and releasing these pigs in a more suitable environment. Your point means nothing unless you're willing to do something about it, or for that matter, think about what you're typing before it's posted on the internet for the world to see.

Edited by TheCapulet