Sign in to follow this  
Flogger23m

FN 2000s for the US military?

One of the odd things I noticed about the screen shots. A very odd weapon choice for US soldiers. I don't think any branch of the US military ever even tested the weapon out.

If we're going to guess what the US military might use in the future, we might as well guess FN SCAR or HK 416.

594 kb image removed

The FN 2000 and RAH-66 are truly some odd weapon/vehicle selections. Is ArmA 3 going BFBC2 style and throwing random "cool" weapons for each faction? I would hope not...

Edited by W0lle

Almost looks like an AUG though.

Don't really know how much more probable that is though, but honestly, I don't care. It looks awesome and anything is possible, it's more than 10 years in the future, maybe we realized that the FN2000 is one of the best assault rifles and adopted it for Special Forces units.

Well not much is known yet about the game's story other than it's NATO, and not a mainly US centric blufor. So we may be seeing a mishmash of equipment, like the Merkava tanks for instance.

^^ far right does look like the AUG from BC2 :D

Its set in the future, and none of us can see what will be used then so assume anything will/can be used...

could be a hybrid of both the aug/f2000

also it seems arma3 is taking a more OFP sitting with the story/setting being abit futuristic and being abit fictitious.

I welcome the change tbh, something abit more interesting and it also demonstrates they aren't using the same stuff over and over again ie. they aren't porting things from previous games over and over again.

these are promotional screenshots, which are surpose to show the best of what the engine and the game can offer.

Well not much is known yet about the game's story other than it's NATO, and not a mainly US centric blufor. So we may be seeing a mishmash of equipment, like the Merkava tanks for instance.

World War 3 - thank god for STANAG mags, eh? :D

Well it appears so... It could be worst though like when you cross Russian paratroopers jumping on US cities with their IMI Tavor TAR-21 on Coowaduty...

I'm all for authenticity though, I already thought the XM8 on Arma2 was retarded, but the Commanche and US troops using the FN F2000 is even beyond.. :D

Mate. How many weapons are in ARMA 1 and ARMA 2. Im sure there will be loads of fucking weapons.

this addweapon "phallus"

Mate. How many weapons are in ARMA 1 and ARMA 2. Im sure there will be loads of fucking weapons.

this addweapon "phallus"

This addmagazine "hand"

yeah the F2000 made me pause for a bit. I mean using that over the SCAR system for US troops (on the subject of FN rifles that is)? But again, we don't know the particulars and these guys might be using a different countries weapons due to lack of other options at the moment, since NATO seems to be not doing so well in the game's plot.

A small group of Special Forces and Researchers

nuff said?

Age isn't a matter, and between now and the time this is supposed to take place, they could throw up some story about it's increased use in the meantime until the events of the game occur, considering several foreign countries are adopting this rifle in some part of their military. I mean the US threw in the m16 in the middle of a war, completely mismanaged the instructions on the functions and maintenance and the ammunition to be used once being issued to the soldiers, greatly hurting it's reputation even to present day, and we still use it and it's carbine variants now.

nuff said?

Contrary to what other video games might tell you, SF doesn't get just say "Hey, I want that gun!" and magically get it. ;)

They do use a wider range of stuff. If they wanted to throw in a new weapon, might as well have stuck with something that is likely to actually be used.

this addweapon "phallus"

It would be nice if for once an ArmA game was done right out of the box, don't you think? Especially for online play.

Surely I'll get mods for it, but I would hate to have to wait months for a mod to come out that adds proper weapons and vehicles to each faction. This is part of the reason I'd buy ArmA in the first place - because I want realism. If they are going to go BF/CoD and throw in random weapons and accessories... then I loose some interest. It is one tiny (of many other) difference between buying at full price or waiting for it to hit $12.

This is nothing that would annoy me very much... but if the small annoying features add up, then I'll just wait for the price to drop like I did for ArmA CO.

Well it appears so... It could be worst though like when you cross Russian paratroopers jumping on US cities with their IMI Tavor TAR-21 on Coowaduty...

I'm all for authenticity though, I already thought the XM8 on Arma2 was retarded, but the Commanche and US troops using the FN F2000 is even beyond.. :D

I agree.

Edited by Flogger23m

Well it doesn't really look like the military FN F2000 I must say.

More like the civilian version of it, the FS2000.

But one that mated with a P90 for the handgrip..

Edited by Lennard

FN F2000 is already used in A2 by Slovenian Army mod and Venator PMC Group (supplied with Lingor Units). Check it out. It comes with ironsight, AIM, GL etc.

Like alot of people here, first glance at the new screenshots I was very excited,

until I saw the FN2000 (or whatever it is),

the troops look awesome in all their gear dressed up like xmas trees,

but seeing a boring bullpup rifle with a tiny red-dot looks completely off,

A team with that much gear on will have weapons they can spec-up to the max aswell, an FN2000 doesn't have the dimensions to handle all the options an M4 has bolted to it.

I can understand that BIS want/have to give different things to new games/expansions and not use M4's in everything, but I'm not a fan.

Personally I'd like to see the HK416/HK417 instead of the FN2000/M14EBR,

I would assume that it wouldn't be that much trouble for BIS to create an option at the start of a campaign to offer the choice of weapon systems

(copy campaign and replace FN2000 with HK416 etc).

It's a game fellas, and just like in A1/A2 the developers take some creative liberties. If you want your totally acurate armies, there's always mods.

i'd like to see some of you lads complaining about X weapon or Y vehicle, having to model and use the same fucking M4/M16 and AK plus the M1A1 and T72/T90 for 10 years as a developer, then come back and say if you liked it.

It is BIS game, i think they deserve to use some creativity. Bear in mind that if you don't like it, you can:

1. learn how to make the vehicles you like yourselves (full modding of this game will still be available)

2. use the gear the community will create

3. use only the gear you want from the range that will be available in your own missions and campaigns

4. don't buy it and move to another game (based on your beloved Outerra engine) - yes, i know there is no such thing, and BIS has no competitor

I agree with PuFu. I really don't give a damn on what armies with what equipment will be seen in A3 (so far I saw a lot of "fantasy" things other than the F2000), you can't ask them to make recent US Army and USMC with Russian Army over and over again, so a little fantasy breaks in with a futuristic setting. I'm sure within a reasonable time there will be more than enough mods covering realistic armies and equipment. If they arrange physics, AI and optimisation in the right way I won't mind if they'll make it into Jedis fighting Aliens vs. Predators :)

I think people need to relax and have a dose of this: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfCool

Getting upset because the rifle on some guy in a sci-fi setting is "wrong"? What about the burst AKs in OFP? Or the NH-75 used by the soviets in the same game? Or US soldiers using G36s and AUGs in the 80s, again, the same game? BI, contrary to what people seem to believe, are also creatives and artists. You chain an artist, they wither. What´s important is that the -game mechanics- remain in the same vein as previous iterations of the game. Getting the right gun to calm your upset can be done later. I for one don´t care what kind of boomstick I get, as long as it helps me get out of tight spots.

Again, I can understand disappointment about the choice of the setting, but some people are nearly upset enough about this to make one think somebody died or something. Lots of useless drama over wrong sewing lines, incorrect amounts of rivets, supposedly civilian assault rifles, and "wrong" helos.

For example, I was upset about the shoulder pockets on the US soldiers in OA not being modelled, instead there being textures. I love these pockets on the real uniform, but I did at no point go in here and complain about it. Because it is a -waste of time-.

Cheers

Insta

I agree with PuFu. I really don't give a damn on what armies with what equipment will be seen in A3 (so far I saw a lot of "fantasy" things other than the F2000), you can't ask them to make recent US Army and USMC with Russian Army over and over again, so a little fantasy breaks in with a futuristic setting. I'm sure within a reasonable time there will be more than enough mods covering realistic armies and equipment. If they arrange physics, AI and optimisation in the right way I won't mind if they'll make it into Jedis fighting Aliens vs. Predators :)

Come 2020 soldiers could be allowed to choose their STANAG weapon of choice, like I can use whatever tools I prefer in my own job.

I know if my life depended on it I would like a say in what I was using to defend myself.

Tanks and other vehicles etc being more like company vans and you still have no say in them as the initial outlay is far higher.

I'm not usually one to complain, and think people do go overboard with silly little things,

but I do think it's about time that BIS offer a simple choice of weapon systems (new & classic) in the game to keep both parties happy from day one.

As I already said, BIS have to keep fresh and change their product,

but for some the Armaverse is going too far too fast.

BIS will model loads of weapons for the game, it wouldn't be that much work to offer a 'classic' loadout option as part of the original game.