Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

Since my separate thread on the issue was locked:

Mod sync. Some ability to auto-download mods from a server that is hosting a modded game. It would be great if the game could cache all mods on a pbo-by-pbo basis and only download what you need.

It would also be great if a server admin could host large mods (like ACE, which was over a gig for Arma 2) on a separate FTP or HTTP server to manage bandwidth issues, and also the ability to download large mods in the background while doing something else.

Ai reaction to Suppressive fire.

Ie.

When shot at Ai should:

-Seek cover and hide behind it so the player cannot shoot at them directly

-fire less

-not move as much

-be less accurate

Would really help lengthen firefights and make real world tactics more applicable.

Ai reaction to Suppressive fire.

Ie.

When shot at Ai should:

-Seek cover and hide behind it so the player cannot shoot at them directly

-fire less

-not move as much

-be less accurate

Would really help lengthen firefights and make real world tactics more applicable.

Yeah, stop, drop, kneel, stand, run 10m, stop, drop, and repeat isn't the most realistic of tactics... I would like to see multiplayer issues like desync and warping get fixed so that we can hopefully see an explosion in the player base and have HUMAN opponents!

I would like to see multiplayer issues like desync and warping get fixed so that we can hopefully see an explosion in the player base and have HUMAN opponents!

totally understand what you mean. Human opponents are Definitely better to play against... Unfortunately my Internet connection is way to slow to play online. Stuck with the ai.

I would like to see multiplayer issues like warping and warping get fixed so that we can hopefully play in multiplayer without losing all immersion in the warping bullshit. I don't care if there won't be PVP player base boost but I care if I can not play with a few friends in the same city in a dedicated server without warping against AI.

I would like to see multiplayer issues like warping and warping get fixed so that we can hopefully play in multiplayer without losing all immersion in the warping bullshit. I don't care if there won't be PVP player base boost but I care if I can not play with a few friends in the same city in a dedicated server without warping against AI.

Couldn't agree more!

My suggestions:

Better voice acting.

Better voice acting.

And better AI speech (such as when an AI teammate is giving coordinants, etc.)

That voice acting killed ArmA 2 for me and just ruined any sense of immersion.

I don't mean to be "That Guy" but the newer Operation Flashpoint titles had overall better voice acting and better blending of the AI sound files.

My suggestions:

Better voice acting.

Better voice acting.

And better AI speech (such as when an AI teammate is giving coordinants, etc.)

That voice acting killed ArmA 2 for me and just ruined any sense of immersion.

I don't mean to be "That Guy" but the newer Operation Flashpoint titles had overall better voice acting and better blending of the AI sound files.

For sure. The Codies titles have always had better voice actors - and I'm sure you would have noticed that the voices in CWC were much less... er... retarded than the ArmA and ArmA 2 ones? This was Codies' work as well.

...pretty much the only good thing they contributed.

To be fair though, Sgt McRacist does have one good line...but thats about it.

Now, now, I'm referring to quality, not content, funk no.

One feature I would like to see is more predefined animations for characters, even if those are not used in the campaign. Usually, when I am trying to do a cutscene I am struggling to find some generic looking animations.

As an example:

• Someone using a cell phone, pacing around/standing still.
  • Putting hand on earpiece of your comms equipment, talking to HQ, standing and/or kneeling.
  • Entering a door, looking around inside, maybe with a flashlight in hand
  • Walking up to a laptop on a table, starting to type something.
  • Sitting on a table/desk, writing or typing
  • Running away in panic, looking over shoulder often to check for pursuit.

Things like that. Nothing big, just generic stuff that can be used by mission makers to flesh out their cutscenes.

Editor Modules. I very much liked the concept behind the Town Generator. I'd like to see this kept for A3. I'd also like to see modules for:

populating sea life,

creating shipping traffic and convoys

populating underwater wrecks,

SecOPs expanded to include water based objectives

Enabling Electrical grid for city lights at night

I would also like to see the inclusion of a couple of oil rigs off the coast, with helipad access.

well during the presentation of ToH it was said that the volumetric clouds cause shadows. So with the new particle system this could be possible.

i totally agree with the whole stuff in the 1st post =)

I'm going to assume that you're not trolling.

You just haven't the slightest clue when it comes to video games, do ya?

:p

I'm not trolling, it's just my opinion. Could you explain yourself a bit more?

Regards

Edited by z0rrer0

So we will have 3D editor, full physics, better artifical inteligence, diving underwater.... It looks like ARMAIII will be overall better than ofp,armaI,armaII... But what about to make some extra smaller features? Like deformating vehicles (like in operation flashpoint I or GTAIV), destructable terrain(holes in ground after grenade/tank shell/IED/Mine explosion),walls and melee fights!

I like the idea of some explosions causing small crator/trench/ditch in the ground that you could crawl is for some extra cover after nearly geting hit with a tank round.

I would like to see diffrent rounds for mortar and artillary

such as Chemical/Smoke/Air burst/MRSI types would be a great addition :)

Did anyone say fix the jumpy/laggy AI animations yet. Sick of that in multiplayer. About time they did something about it after all this time.

Regards

give me a reason why you should use a complete new engine for ARMA III, then think about reasons why you should not.

And then compare those points....

Explosives!! :D

- Hand Grenades explodes and also trhows shrapnels made with a particle system

- a Bomb impact, big explosion, big loud sound, and finaly a rain of rocks and debris in a certain radious

I want a lot of smoke/dust/debris, a little ground shake, and most important, the sound FX, it should be loud an realistic as possible, also for distant explosions and other fx

Thats Staff Sgt McRacist too you.

Regards

changing the engine would mean starting everything from scratch, learning the nuances and limits of those engines. A new editor would have to be made (if it could) and entirely new toolkit which would take a long time to set up then make user friendly and document.

Also what the engine can do must be explored, the problem is for all their beauty most engines today just don't do what RV does, take Crysis for example, beautiful engine but when employed AI must be set up with where they can walk, out of bounds areas, where they take cover, what weapon they have can they be in vehicles and all this must be done on a per mission basis.

Then you look at the vehicles, very simple stuff, one button to move at a given speed, no need for secondary crew since the driver controls everything, while the editor is nice and all the area of operation is still far more limited in comparison.

Just about all engines are similar in how they act, driver=gunner, vehicles=1 set speed, at the current battlefield has the most advanced flight physics for mainstream games and from what I've seen on BC that actually dropped since BF2 nose down twisting gravity be damned.

Looking at the RV engine you can- place infantry types on the spot and they will control themselves, vehicles have more depth in that they have different speeds, this may seem trivial but it actually does come in handy, multiple crew making cooperation and teamwork a necessity, a huge map range for operations and so on.

Then you take a look at the community aspect, what can we do there as opposed to what we can do here..well, between diverse community projects it has been proven that Arma can be turned into a full blown simulation in many aspects, tanks with FCR and penetration, infantry with bleeding, white/black outs gas masks stuning weapons and so on.

Ground missiles with tracking systems of long range and precision, air units with diverse weapons loadouts, communications mirroring how it works in reality with distance and obstructions and much much more.

In the end it boils down to cost vs time vs capability, how much will it cost to move, how much time will it take to adapt, what can the engine do as opposed to what we have.

Edited by NodUnit

Lol, which one is that?