Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

I would like you to remove the retarded feature of wearing enemy uniforms.

I would like to remove your comment for no discussion or point.

Oh, and I was like "wow, that's gonna be cool".

I mean, yes, in reality you won't infiltrate any enemy base that way but, it's still a game, right?

I just wonder how this works out in MP; either it won't be possible, or ... ?

I'm 100% certain this feature won't be a "core" part of the game, i.e. you won't be able to just grab the uniform off any old soldier in any mission, as some people here seem to assume. It's much more likely to be mission specific using a module.

Anyway, I'd hate to see the day when BIS decide to remove a feature from their game because some misinformed dude on their forums demanded it. Just like the future setting, fictional vehicles etc. it is here to stay.

Edited by MadDogX

Even though the game has a future setting, please don't remove all the old-school weapons and equipment from the stock game. I'm a fan of post-WWII and Cold War equipment myself, and what made ArmA and ArmA2 great is that not only can I play around with AH-64Ds, FN SCARs, and AK-107s, but also Lee-Enfields, FN/FALs, and AKMs from the 1950s. Same goes for vehicles and aircraft.

Thanks!

ONE BIG WISH: please do listen to the community but don't let the community lead your ideas.

What i'm trying to say is..make adjustments but make sure the game still has the soul of arma, arma2, arma2:CO. Please let arma3 be as family to the series and not just an addition.

Thanks

When, in MP session, you join a mission already begun, possibility to see the marker also placed.

When you're loading the mission, you're loading the marker too....

Is it possible ?

P.S: agree with sarge4267

it would be cool if we coud have working IFF transponders as an item in the backpack so that we can mount rescues of shot down pilots.

I want to get a built-in way to create new addons,a editor.With templates for easy design of addons.

And a seamless recognition of downloaded addons.And compability of Arma 2 addons to Arma 3.And I also want to be able to Spanw all items,in Armory as well as Addons,from dropp-down list.Adding functions/Scripts once,placing them in memory,auto-back-up and using them on the inside of the game on the go and placing them with a movable camera where i want the F.O.B to be located.

I want a Sniper/Spotter team in from the beginning.

More kinds of ammo and to be able to make my own FX.

I want more types of cars in the game.Volvo,and any kind of useful car.

Tip:To make it possable to shoot through window/cardoor,make a invisable "cuttout" in

the window,name it "one"_Spawn_"this rifle "M4_Brown"_to_"one" or similar code and

you have a gun ready to shoot with.(Not tested this).

I want the ability to be able to place cameras on anything,cars,in windows,roftops so that they can be used as cameras for making videos.MSFS Video Replay feature is perfect for this.Check it out.

And I want to be able to change the face of the player on the fly.From Pilot to pilot on the run with a cap and camo-face.And the ability to spawn items as backpack and even

ability to go from inside the game(browser) and download,lets say a Flaregun,if need be.

wall of text...

I didn't read the wall of text, but how would you imagine the built in way to create new addons?

I didn't read the wall of text, but how would you imagine the built in way to create new addons?

Gmod has this kind of feature, where you can download other people's mods via a menu. Spawning the things in runtime was possible. But i don't think you can create an addon igame, as in create the model, textures config, etc..

There was a game for the 64DD tho, in which you could use an easy model programm.

Oh, and I was like "wow, that's gonna be cool".

I mean, yes, in reality you won't infiltrate any enemy base that way but, it's still a game, right?

I just wonder how this works out in MP; either it won't be possible, or ... ?

Perhaps not with a captured bloody uniform :).

But there are examples from history where infiltration with the use of enemy uniforms have been used (in WW2 for example).

hi

well, im pretty stucked into OFP or ARMAminus1, i dont like that ARMA:CWAABCDEWSRWA... eh.

tried ArmA2 but cant fall in love until now, despite of im a senior member of a OFP/ArmA2 clan ;).

the arma3 looks more friendly for my eyes and looks like i can play with it :)

i dont wanna read all post on 150+ pages in this thread and dont know how many people mentioned or mentioned ever sby, but ffs that robotic voices are dissappointing!!! even in arma2.

in OFP was thousand times better. u can believe it thats real men voices but in arma2-3... disappointing.

please.... please.

AIs look same like in Arma2, i hope im wrong.

they keep running into fireline after killed dozen of their teammates and not searching a flank possibiliites...

raggiedoll effect and physics look awesome, well its time to...

need much more goodies like shot from a vehicle as passenger with ur personal gun or crash damages on vehicles "function of the proportion of fractures" etc. this topic is very good for ideas.

wish the developer team luck and thanks for their works.

greets:

BI fan

Edited by Incubus

It has been a while since I have visited these forums lol, I was too busy playing CWC, ARMA, ARMA II & ARMA II OA. I am very excited for ARMA III but I think if there is one important thing to improve it is the performance of the game. We have seen a lot of improvement of the engine since the first ARMA, but we still need super computers to run it. "Form follows function". This game is already amazing, but performance is what is going to let ARMA III make bang. Most Reviews of ARMA II were positive due to it's gameplay, but was plagued with performance related issues. Most of the community will agree with me, atleast I would hope so it would be the best interest of everyone :p lol

OK I have a man crush on the Galil ACE all of the sudden, so the only logical thing for me to do is to come here and ask the devs to include it ingame, as it is one of the sexiest looking rifles ever. I'm sure most forum members who have a crush on the Galil ACE agree with me.

This may have been mentioned before, but it should be possible to play the coop-campaign on a dedicated server.

It can be very frustrating to host an ArmA2 game for 4 players, it slows down the PC too much for some people.

Either I am not skilled enough or controls of planes in A2 are too difficult to master.Please make it easier to fly a heli or some kind of begginer mode with for instance to prevent rolling over.

This may have been mentioned before, but it should be possible to play the coop-campaign on a dedicated server.

It can be very frustrating to host an ArmA2 game for 4 players, it slows down the PC too much for some people.

From what I understand, the Arma3 campaign will not be coop-capable in the first place.

Either I am not skilled enough or controls of planes in A2 are too difficult to master.Please make it easier to fly a heli or some kind of begginer mode with for instance to prevent rolling over.

If anything, its going to get harder with the implementation of the Take on Heli's flight dynamics. If anything, in ArmA 3 what is in ArmA 2 currently is going to be "easy" mode if there is one.

Describe your issue with rolling over, I've never had a problem with it...

It will be awesome if you introduce in the game the telemeter and the possibility to adjust turrets for elevation and wind-drift for long range shooting.

Using only mildots with a rifle zeroed at 100yrds for LRS it's not so accurate and easy; in a real life situation you MUST adjust your scope.

I understand this isn't exactly what other people think of, but what about some female soldiers?

I know right now there aren't many women on the front lines but they are very much part of the military and if Arma 3 is in the future then take that step and throw in a female head. It doesn't need to be a whole new body or have a pony tail. Just a female head so when we're playing we too can play soldier.

I really really hope you do this, it'd mean a lot.

I understand this isn't exactly what other people think of, but what about some female soldiers?

I know right now there aren't many women on the front lines but they are very much part of the military and if Arma 3 is in the future then take that step and throw in a female head. It doesn't need to be a whole new body or have a pony tail. Just a female head so when we're playing we too can play soldier.

I really really hope you do this, it'd mean a lot.

There is a whole discussion going on about that.

Personally, I wouldn't because it takes too much time to implement a feature people would rarely touch, anyways.

They just seem really under-developed. The choppers and aircraft in the ArmA series are excellent, but the boats seem thrown-together in comparison.

The way they ride over the water could really use some fixing, as well as how they seemingly submerge for a few seconds when in third-person view. Plenty of games in the past have had pretty awesome boats so BIS really has no excuse for how shoddy they are right now.