Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

Ability to swap weapon in hands for better corner handle, and while crawling ability to flip on back to fast shoot backward, believe me in real combat these two are weary common, i even crawl on my back some times.

be possible continue running or walking when the tchat window is opened.

Same things with vehicule...

:-)

keep it simple.... plz improve the CQB aspect of the game,,, take red orchestra 2 for example, the best example of all FPS game i hav ever tried...

plz plz plz get the game and feel for ur self BI...

Good ideas guys! about swap weapon to ;)! but i think its not posible, because need rewrite all bones in all models? BIS's to lazy to make this...

Good ideas guys! about swap weapon to ;)! but i think its not posible, because need rewrite all bones in all models? BIS's to lazy to make this...

If you have no idea about what you are talking about....don't :mad:

Not sure if it's been said already but we need a command in the menu for the AI pilots to land. For example, I'm on the ground and one of my AI's is in a chopper above, I want to order him to land somewhere on the ground.

Just tell the pilot to get out and he will find a clear spot to land (Thats the theory, and it works most of the time ;))

I think more important would be for helicopters to hover if you tell them to go somewhere instead of flying right past and then coming back for several passes.

I wonder how many people in here actually play ArmA.

I wonder how many people in here actually play ArmA.

Belive its a not a full, its little amount part of all players in community, here a more advaced intelegence ;)

Belive its a not a full, its little amount part of all players in community, here a more advaced intelegence ;)

I am sure you are not including yourself in the above (really unintelligible) statement...

I am sure you are not including yourself in the above (really unintelligible) statement...

No, not that you, the intelligentsia is you, sir! I'm so sorry if I offended you! :(

Let's all applaud the intellectuals who write here, thank you for what you created this world for ordinary mortals, and drew a line between you and us. You are gods!

What do you mean, or are you trying to call me on the conflict?

Edited by J-Guid

What do you mean? Weapons on pylons can already be proxied.

You cant stick a multi pylon to a standard pylon though can you? e.g I wanted to sway one pylon from 1 200lb bomb to a pylon with 3 mavericks on it instead...

Hopefully rain effects will be greatly improved..

Edited by wolfbite

Ive a simple suggestion, effective and direct to the point.

do what you have done before ( or follow the recipe ) but double it... where possible... even if its just reskins, even if its a better modelled old gun/jeep etc from previous games, include it. The more the merrier as the crafty folks here find a use for everything.

also please don't go down the line of " epic single play " as arma's offline mission, either barely work or aren't worth playing ( glitch + ultra cheese voice over/story line )

other then that, multiplayer is where its at, DLC makes more money... we all can't wait.

it was allready said before that SP and MP will get the same attention.

everything else would be stupid, cause people play both.

my suggestion:

SP:

Didnt hear anything about more realistic radiochatter and coms. Arma 2 really needs this!

Make AI able to react better to different threats.

For example if soldiers are attacked by a near armor unit, make them go to cover faster. If there are wounded nearby, dont let the AI walk in front of the tank just to get killed with the wounded. Give the AI the ability to drag wounded AI´s out of dangerous spots and the line of fire.

MP:

Give us some good working gamemodes for smaller maps which can be played quick from the spot without the need of voicecoms.

Add a intuitive communication system like the rose system in BF for the multiplayer.

A few simple wishes :

- A search bar in the mission editor

- A search bar in the keybinding menu

- Possibility to holster your pistol (or at least lowered it, just like rifles)

- Provide a map of Lemnos with the DVD version (and a big one!)

Hi,

Just a thought for you to enhancing the immersion of the sim even more.

-One of the most annoying game mechanics in the sim when fighting your way through a firefight or just patrolling and searching for the enemy, usually turning your characters head around while walking in another direction or just laying down searching the area by using this game mechanic. In ARMA and ARMA2 when this happens (or this game mecanic is used) as you spot an enemy, lets say to the left of you at 8 o'clock you first have to release the button for turning the characters head and then (sometimes perhaps having a low sens on the mouse...) turn around once again towards the enemy to get your gun in the position towards him. This game mechanic is both slow and an unnatural behavior of the characters in the sim.

-It Should be like this, in the real world if this scenario occurs you just swing your hips and gun (somtimes perhaps even your feets) around in ONE fast movement an then pull the trigger...

This could quite ease be implemented in the game mechanics (or at least an option for this). Instead of releasing the "look around" button which swings the characters head straight forward to its primary position (front position in which direction the gun is pointed, your "movement position"), it would be as well as feel much easier and natural if the character and its (your) gun swings around towards where you are looking while releasing the "look around" button instead and you can therefrom start aiming directly and straight at the enemy or enemies instead of once again being forced to start turning the character around and then relocate the enemy to put him down...

It would really enhance the combat immersion and presence in the sim ALLOT! :)

Edited by christiandjurberg

The post from the "German Community" on page 146 is really good :) I would love to see those things. My favourite is roping out of choppers.

Something I would love is a hide and seek type game mode. An extension of the thing from the armory mission where you have to flee for 3 minutes or whatever. I would love for that to become a full game mode. Hunter(s) and hunted.

Would be cool if you could attach vegetation to your ghillie suite. Also to your helmet. This would help more for online play of course against players.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

I wish they would make underground tunnels like vietnam. Also make the option available in the editor.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Would be cool if animals could attack you and kill you. Also if maybe you could have guard dogs for like patrol. Or bomb sniffing dogs that will bark when detecting explosives. Or could track down enemy soldiers.

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Enemy set up mines/boobytraps, roadblocks, blow up bridges, etc

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Enemies should retreat when over powered or surrender when wounded and surrounded. Also friendlies would hold fire on enemy soldiers who surrender. You can make the pow follow you and give them commands. Which would make it possible to set up a pow camp.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Wounded can be loaded into vehicles and helicopters.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

I know this probably wont happen but would be cool if you could climb trees.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Knives, swords, axe, throwing rocks etc

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Please please please make more chatter it would make everything feel more realistic. The characters sometimes sounds like robots..."Team get in that car!" "Negative commander" lol.....ALSO AN OPTION TO TURN OFF CURSING! Please!

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Rivers leading deep into the landscape so we can have some riverboat action.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

If you are hit with explosives you may lose limbs or be decapitated...also with high powered rifles

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

When you are shot you will leave behind a blood trail until bandaged up. Also shells are left behind after you fire a gun.

stabbing from back, most ace things(at least healing things)....and what already is in game, also F22 raptor, pak fa and maybe sixth generation fighter ;)

Arma 3 can should definitely have a memorial with a headstone for Operation Flashpoint on the map.

Because heroes deserve it

http://defensetech.org/2011/09/08/what-are-these-nvgs/

Things like those NVGs which have data streamed to them are already being produced, SF guys will be getting them soon if not already. Also, like mentioned in that article, cameras mounted onto weapons could be used by soldiers to look around corners and they see through their goggles.

Now eventually, helmets are probably going to be equipped with flip-down screens for data like this so I'm wondering, what are we likely to expect in Arma 3?

Personally I can see these going into the future being commonplace, so perhaps the Dev's can see a use for them in-game?

CornerShot - Weapon mounted cameras which screen stuff back to a hand-held device or helmet mounted screen.

Compact Radio Integration - Compact but powerful radios. Perhaps integration for commanders so on a Tactical Command screen they could see who was speaking and where they are? Triangulation could perhaps provide locations of transmitting units?

Aussie Diggers getting silk clothing to stop shrapnel / Blast Shorts - In the future imagine this being expanded with better materials and covering more parts of the body not being protected by armour? I'm not saying it would be bullet proof, but it's a step in the right direction and potentially could be used to reduce impact?

Land Warrior (USA) - If you check the sources, lots of the original equipment was dumped by soldiers because of weight. Now that's going to significantly reduce within the coming years so when Arma 3 is released, perhaps a system close to the original if not better would be standardised? Things like the marking of enemy positions I remember reading was something soldiers kept, so the people who needed to know like Machine gunners, knew where enemy had been spotted.

Which brings me onto the GPS/Map. Why not have that in some integrated system? Especially the mini-version that we RCTRL-M at the moment? Seeing markings on there would be a huge benefit (Don't believe you can on mini-map at the moment, need to go to main map to see them). That way a commander could tell a squad to move to a certain location and one of the squad could have his mini map open showing him the marker. Could be used to identify enemy firing positions etc also.

I don't know how much of this would be possible to implement into the game or will already exist but since this is a thread designed for the Devs to look at, I figured I'd go a little crazy with the ideas :)

Would be cool if you could attach vegetation to your ghillie suite. Also to your helmet. This would help more for online play of course against players.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

I wish they would make underground tunnels like vietnam. Also make the option available in the editor.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Would be cool if animals could attack you and kill you. Also if maybe you could have guard dogs for like patrol. Or bomb sniffing dogs that will bark when detecting explosives. Or could track down enemy soldiers.

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Enemy set up mines/boobytraps, roadblocks, blow up bridges, etc

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Enemies should retreat when over powered or surrender when wounded and surrounded. Also friendlies would hold fire on enemy soldiers who surrender. You can make the pow follow you and give them commands. Which would make it possible to set up a pow camp.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Wounded can be loaded into vehicles and helicopters.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

I know this probably wont happen but would be cool if you could climb trees.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Knives, swords, axe, throwing rocks etc

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Please please please make more chatter it would make everything feel more realistic. The characters sometimes sounds like robots..."Team get in that car!" "Negative commander" lol.....ALSO AN OPTION TO TURN OFF CURSING! Please!

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Rivers leading deep into the landscape so we can have some riverboat action.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

If you are hit with explosives you may lose limbs or be decapitated...also with high powered rifles

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

When you are shot you will leave behind a blood trail until bandaged up. Also shells are left behind after you fire a gun.

Agree with all of that even plus Roping from helis/buildings, switching weapon arm, rolling on back, and much more, we know that to make this, it will take much time and some of this proposals can't be done on current map, but can be done later, the dynamic features would bring many new players to the game, showing where is place of titles like Modern Warfare, Battlefield and Medal of Honor! ArmA ROCKS FOR EVER!!!