Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

VTOL is mainly used to land since the massive usage of kerosine.

Anyway don't know alot about it

View inside a vehicle

Arma2: Some vehicles like the BTR-90 (i think) have no useable invehicle view, especially the driver's view.

No more of that please. Very disturbing if first person is forced.

So true!

If you can't include it without bugs, please don't include it at all. Although this specific issue had been fixed with OA for the BTR-60, but not for the BTR-90 :rolleyes: Ah, well ... A2 the EOL product.

• Make fallen trees "real" objects; think guerilla warefare. Take an axe (or some explosives, harhar), fall some nice tree, drag it into place, ambush.
  • We will get PhysX, right? So a native drag/carry objects arround thingy would be totally bananas (with hands attached to the actual objects and nice animations and everything).
  • A scriptable fake-ground system to level ground anywhere at the desired dimensions. BIS already did somethink like this with the warefare buildings - except that fake-ground is part of these models. That's a very poor design decision. Don't do that ever again. Instead implement said fake-ground system, and provide a simple option to spawn as much ground as a building needs; maybe with a new createVehicle command or a new option for the array variant.
    I'm quite sure that also the town-generation module would benefit a lot from such an approach. And who knows for what else such dynamic fake-ground could be useful?

• Make fallen trees "real" objects; think guerilla warefare. Take an axe (or some explosives, harhar), fall some nice tree, drag it into place, ambush.

Lumberjack simulator ftw.

A steerable truck crane would be nice to have, but I think that falls way out of the scope of doable things.

• We will get PhysX, right? So a native drag/carry objects arround thingy would be totally bananas (with hands attached to the actual objects and nice animations and everything).

I don't think you need object physics for this. VBS2 - even though it uses PhysX - has shown it could have players carrying traffic cones, traffic signs, concertina wire, tactical ladders, etc. Animating everything would take way too much time. On top of that animating interaction with objects is really hard to do properly, it will either look ridiculous or it would have taken a gazillion hours just to make it work and look acceptable.
  • A scriptable fake-ground system to level ground anywhere at the desired dimensions. BIS already did somethink like this with the warefare buildings - except that fake-ground is part of these models. That's a very poor design decision. Don't do that ever again. Instead implement said fake-ground system, and provide a simple option to spawn as much ground as a building needs; maybe with a new createVehicle command or a new option for the array variant.
    I'm quite sure that also the town-generation module would benefit a lot from such an approach. And who knows for what else such dynamic fake-ground could be useful?

I don't think this is actually possible with the object scale Real Virtuality uses. It has to be either native terrain deformation, which is undoable performance-wise, multiple fake-ground blocks combined which sucks like the three-part aircraft carriers and buildings or they'd have to redo the object rendering system which is likely to degrade performance to playable in 2017 or sth.

Already in-game :)

in F*ckIn' VBS Yes, but not in Arma 2, need this in Arma 3!!!

in F*ckIn' VBS Yes, but not in Arma 2, need this in Arma 3!!!

As I said, already confirmed.They are called Unmaned Ground Vehicles (UGV). Check the confirmed features thread :)

EDIT

I would like a random NATO member country flag to appear on the soliders vest/helmet instead of just the american flag, you know, for diversity :)

Edited by Maio
add

One minor thing Id like to see for CQB (and sorry if this is posted already)

Use of mouse wheel to open & close doors gradually either fast or slow like Raven Shield!

No more fumbling to show "open door" in action menu and then only having the option of completely open or completely closed.

Also ... BIS default sound config for door opening & closing :)

(If its a repeat and already in for A3 then I apologise).

Yes, man! if this been addeded in A3, it been great, + dors blocks (dor wedges)

BIS's be a godlike, hear our prayers PLZ! Add this ability in Arma3!!! Its very tactical feature!

how about this little fella? ;)

Been thinking about modelling one for a long time, so who knows..

Been thinking about modelling one for a long time, so who knows..

Keep to A3 ;)

Transhumanism! Deus ex style :)

At least the invisa aug makes sense...

a typhoon aug would be awsome though

on another note, are EMP grenades even possible/practilce, if so I want them.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already (search yieled no results but there are a lot of suggestions to go through...)

As ArmA 3 uses what appears to be quick deployable small bases in the future e.g. living quarters, towers etc... I'm hoping they have both packed and unpacked models with possibly an animation sequence of them (un)packing.

This would be great feature as i've built missions that revolve around reconstruction task force deploying FOBs, Supply depots etc.

I think it would add that extra bit of realism to BIS desicion to make the bases like that.

http://www.arma3.com/full/wp-content/gallery/imagery/arma3_screenshot_1107_057.jpg

Civilian airports, with planes helicopter, security officers etc.

Also, big planes, like a 747 with full modeled interiors for hostage rescue situations.

Maybe hostage rescue isn't for SP campaign, bur will be awesome for SP missions/MP :D

There's only going to be one airfield and the island is going to be mostly deserted, so there isn't going to be a need for a 747 sized civilian plane.

As for the planes, helicopters and security personnel, that's a mission maker's deal. ;)

more world objects (houses, walls, wrecks, ect) placeable in the editor so there is no need for editor upgrade mods

In profile menu add function to upload your self face texture!

- Select type of model

- Browse path to picture

- After select, correcting position of texture on model

- Apply, and your character have a face :)

- add a little chevron on helmet, or write palyer name (or add sized texture) on back of helmet or on stripe on the back or front of the chest pocket

It allows us to identify soldiers, when off display name when the mouse, and you play on Veteran mode!

Please add this!

Not sure if it's been said already but we need a command in the menu for the AI pilots to land. For example, I'm on the ground and one of my AI's is in a chopper above, I want to order him to land somewhere on the ground.