Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

Steve, i dindnt mean unlocks like COD etc.. I mean like real life. Like if i run alot i become fitter and can maybe run faster and further without the gun wobble at the end. Or the more i kill the more stable i become sort of thing. It wouldnt be a huge advantage as such, just realistic in the scence that you have mortar experts in the military and snipers. So the more you use these weopns the more stable your player becomes at using them. Not like " damm i need 5 more kills to unlock the AK47" lol

No its alright i think i just saw unlocks and had a rage haha. Maybe for a roleplaying mission some sort of character building system would be great, but for arma in a whole it kinda goes against the "Be anyone, Do anything, Go anywhere" aspect.

ADAPTIVE, new cloaking system

A few days ago, on the 5th of September, the Swedish Weapon-System-Designer, BAE Systems, has released information about a new technology, called Adaptive, which is going to bring new dimensions of cloaking to the battlefield. Due to modern technology, it’s possible to completely hide a vehicle, not only in the infrared spectrum, but also in some other spectrums of electro-magnetic radiation.

Unlike traditional camouflage systems which rely on paint or nets to hide vehicles, ADAPTIV can instantly blend a vehicle into its background. The system can also be used on ships and fixed installations, allowing them to stay undetected by enemy surveillance units.

How does it work? The system seems to be quite simple: hexagonal, hand-sized, plates which can be individually cooled and heated by commercially available semi-conduction systems are mounted on the vehicle. Due to cameras, permanently analysing environment around the vehicle, the temperature of each plate can be set individually, so that the vehicle seems to be merging with the background, similar to pixels on a screen.

But that’s not the only opportunity this system gives to a vehicle to hide from the enemy. Due to that pixels, it’s possible to simulate any other thing which is sending heat radiation, for example a car (as seen in the video below), but this system can also be used to mark a vehicle as a friend, to prevent friendly fire.

I think this system is forward-looking and it would be great to see that, maybe in an advanced version, in ArmA 3.

What do you think??

Here you can find some more exactly information:

Official BAE Systems Homepage

Video

grz CT

From what I understand is that its not really invisible from the naked its only invisible through infrared cameras and such?

Even better, why wouldn't the game use your RL weight/height and fitness, eyesights etc to calculate how well you'll deal inside the game?

I am sure a lot of chubby-glass wearing gamers that can't even run a mile without coughing their loungs out will find that thrilling...

/sarcasm

I'm 6' 1 1/2", ~175lbs, 20/20 vision and cant run 3/4 of a mile without coughing my lungs out. :rolleyes:

And that cloak thing is for spoofing FLIR. Which wouldn't be hard to do, even in this engine to some extent, I imagine.

From what I understand is that its not really invisible from the naked its only invisible through infrared cameras and such?

Pretty much. It disguises it's IR signature to resemble civilian vehicles and such.

Hi,

Arma 2 already has such functions, within the Functions module, called Remote Execution (RE).

Check here for more info.

_neo_

RE works only if add on map module Functions!!!

We need a some like on " DoCode [while, bla bla bla] call RE;"

---------- Post added at 00:48 ---------- Previous post was at 00:41 ----------

Cthulhu;2018916']ADAPTIVE' date=' new cloaking system[/b']

A few days ago, on the 5th of September, the Swedish Weapon-System-Designer, BAE Systems, has released information about a new technology, called Adaptive, which is going to bring new dimensions of cloaking to the battlefield. Due to modern technology, it’s possible to completely hide a vehicle, not only in the infrared spectrum, but also in some other spectrums of electro-magnetic radiation.

How does it work? The system seems to be quite simple: hexagonal, hand-sized, plates which can be individually cooled and heated by commercially available semi-conduction systems are mounted on the vehicle. Due to cameras, permanently analysing environment around the vehicle, the temperature of each plate can be set individually, so that the vehicle seems to be merging with the background, similar to pixels on a screen.

But that’s not the only opportunity this system gives to a vehicle to hide from the enemy. Due to that pixels, it’s possible to simulate any other thing which is sending heat radiation, for example a car (as seen in the video below), but this system can also be used to mark a vehicle as a friend, to prevent friendly fire.

I think this system is forward-looking and it would be great to see that, maybe in an advanced version, in ArmA 3.

What do you think??

Here you can find some more exactly information:

Official BAE Systems Homepage

Video

grz CT

Damn, Adap tiv, is realy great idea to future Arma 3!

Maby can avaliable on different vehicles, or swicheble and have lmited time to use, and maby been reloadable (accumulators to generate filed)!

the technology described here is called counter illumination that started in military aviation for low observable technology in the optical spectrum. It has been around for a while and many companies are working on it now as this will be very important in only a few years. BAE Systems is the first company to go public about it and uses the E-Ink technology similar to the one used in electronic newspapers for changing colors and metallic heating plates in the IR spectrum. Other technologies are also used or developed. Here is some more information:

Here an article from 2008 showing some early results from a flight test.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2008/05/invisible-drone/

another article "hiding in plane sight" from 1997

http://jmrc.tripod.com/fa/stealth/stealth1.htm

an article on Boeing´s activities

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_hb3126/is_668_57/ai_n28969738/

here a documentation mentioning a test on a british tank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0_SHeD-tSY

an article on the tank developments:

Published January 18, 2011

Invisible tanks -- and maybe invisible soldiers -- may soon be charging onto battlefields.

A British weapons manufacturer is making good on the promise of Wonder Woman's invisible jet, describing an "eCamouflage" system that uses electronic ink to disguise combat vehicles by projecting videos of the countryside onto them -- electronic squid ink of a sort.

Using highly sophisticated electronic sensors attached to a vehicle's hull, BAE Systems plans to project images of the surrounding environment back onto the outside of the vehicle -- enabling it to merge into the landscape and evade attack, explained London paper The Telegraph.

Unlike conventional forms of camouflage, the images on the hull would change in concert with the changing environment, always insuring that the vehicle remains disguised.

BAE Systems is working with an unnamed Swedish company that makes a technology similar to the e-ink screens in digital book readers like the Amazon Kindle and Sony Reader, explained Mike Sweeney, head of external communications for the company.

E-ink screens, as any e-book reader can attest, are both slow to refresh and black and white -- two clear obstacles to this technology. BAE has solved those problems, Sweeney told FoxNews.com.

"The guys in Sweden, together with some other companies we've been looking at, have the answer to that question," he said. BAE is starting with tanks, such as the CV90 (or Combat Vehicle 90, the Swedish equivalent of the Bradley tank) on which the first tests will be conducted. But the technology won't be limited to them, Sweeney said.

"We're also working on it for aircraft," he told FoxNews.com.

This isn't the first time the technology has been discussed. FoxNews.com wrote about invisible tanks in 2007, when they were merely a concept. And BAE isn't alone in its quest to make things vanish. Several companies have been working on similar technologies, all based on the same approach, as Sweeney was quick to note: They all use "a camera to capture the scene on the other side of the vehicle, then project that image on the other side of the vehicle so that it blends into the environment."

But BAE plans to make it happen, intending to test in Sweden at the end of the month a technology it calls "adaptive signature." And the next stage, Sweeney explained, will be transparent battle armor for soldiers.

Here is an old wishlist for ArmA2 from the german community:

1.) Gameplay AI

- AI will react to audible shots in the environment

- AI can't see through fallen trees

- AI will try to take / storm occupied houses

- the effectivity of the AI shall be much more dependent on viewdistance suppressive fire weather and vegetation

- the AI shall no longer be allknowing so it can't hear the player when he tries to keep undected by sneaking lowered position or silenced weapons

- optimize the AI: pathfinding and action/reaction - hear and see with interaction between the groups so the acting is believable

- end the pinpointing of the AI

- suppressive fire that is not only done by the AI but also affects it

- possibility for a stepless raise or lowering of the body (e.g. when proning have a short view over small parts or when crouching behind cover cast a short glance over it)

- pick and dropable Backpacks that will increase the volume to carry for a unit. Dropped Backpacks keep their content and cann be picked up again at any time or transported by vehicles

- the more weight / equipment a unit is carrying the more it slows down or will loose stamina.

- a weapon / object pick that no longer depends on a slot system but will be dependent on weight and volume - each object has got a certain volume and weight. A unit can only pick a certain amount on objects / equipment (vest, helmet etc.)

- unit dependent object picking - special forces are able to carry more weight than regular units und do not loose stamina that fast on euqal weight.

- allow to carry two rifles - primary weapons (one usable - one shouldered)

- changed system for injuries, bleeding and blackouts

- allow to pull or carry inkured units und limit movement and healing inside vehicles by medic dependent on the kind of injury

- ragdoll effects

- you can sit on the load floor of pickups or offroad vehicles

- the possibility to attach stationary guns to trucks or load statinory machinge guns to trucks

- shoot out of a vehicle (e.g. drop a grenade from a littlebird)

- realistic pressure waves und damage model caused by explosions inside of buildings

- transport objects by vehicles (ammo boxes etc)

- longer duration for repair of vehicles

- move inside of moving vehicles

- roping out of air vehicles

- vehicle properties change by weather (changing behaviour of aircraft in storm - longer braking distance on wet weather - wheeled vehicles get stuck in heavy mud)

- realistic damage to vehicles - distinguished hit zones with conditioned hit - effectiveness

- realistig glass properties per vehicle

- more interaction with objects! e.g. Satchels in litterboxes or mailboxes - sit on benches or chairs - place something on tables

- no more empty buildings but enterable buildings which got furniture inside

- you can do more than shoot holes into houses . they can burn and when completely burned will be only a black ruin.

- the new damage model of buildings in a limited amount for infantrie and vehicles (maybe seperated body parts by mines - seperated wheels - hood doors and metal parts of vehicles which can do a colleteral damage in the close perimeter

- balanced landscapes with plains lakes rivers valleys hills and mountains

- bigger cities than on Sahrani

- harbours and major airports

- real civil infrastructure including buildings

- all seasons inside the game including wind weather having influence on the gameplay

- comprehensible Story with multiple main actors

- camaign with several endings /ends

- information and weappons/ammo collecting similar to OFP:Resistance

- decrease perfomance usage

- replay function

2.) Multiplayer

-startup parameters shall be set in the options

-a system like Massgate where gamers can chatt ingame

-an additional alternative to the existing respawn system like a spectator script

-setting of a password is possible during an ongoing online match

-a functional anti-cheat-system against cheats that take incluence on the server

- addons should be downloaded automatically from the server

- addons that the mission does not need shall be removed from the RAM

- including of addons and mission is possible while server is running

- remote administration for the dedicated server without connect by the game client

- remote administration of the server (webinterface)

3.) Weapons / accessory

-functional smoke grenade (AI view blocking)

- differnt smoke grenade/devices with differnt duration for the smoke

-differnt types of mines

- lasermaker on the barrel of the weaopns - simulatanous marking and shooting is possible

- teargas as new weapon (mapfact has shown that it is possible and how to do it) including gas mask as woking anti

- knife, sling to strangle

- claymores

- leaser distance measuring

- flashbangs

- the possibility to use explosives in different kind / doses (e.g. below an object laying on the ground as soon as it is picked up .... boom or open doors with it)

- realistic Mildot-System

- realistic hand grenade (see Americas Army)

- current (standard) weapon systems with real parameters - equipment that can be combined in the menu or during the game

- C4 placeable on the ground or stickable to objects

- differnt kinds of ammunition - single selectable

- realistic behavious of ammunition depending on kind and usage

- diving including Oxygen-bottles and breathing devices

- quick switch from weapon to pistol with possibilty to drop the weapon while changing magazine

- shorter duration of weapon switch animation

4.) Vehicles / Aircraft / Units

- more (water)vehicles and aircrafft with distinguished properties

- more civilian vehicles and trains

- more civilian (cinema - supermarket) and governmental establishments (hospital - shool)

- mini vehicles for airports which can push airplanes back

- movement possible inside of driving and flying vehicles and choosing seat position on entering a vehicle

- ejection from vehicles (air and land) on the position you take seat (e.g. in the Littlebird everybody ejects front left - no matter on which side of the heli he is seated)

- COM System for commanders of tanks

- an optical display how much more will fit into the "cargo bay" of a vehicle

- no more freaking "tank is hit beeping"

- drivable helicopters that can move on ground

- realistic HALO-Parachute jumps that can be steered

- reflecting rear mirrors

- realistic transport capabilities (aircraft, ship, flat bed trucks ) espeacially pioneers or logistics

5.) Community

- an open beta test which is used to eliminate all "startup problems" before it goes to the stores

- a demo that is released in time and a straight work with the BTS

- Eastereggs

6). Editor

- evolution of the script languages (hoping for object orientation of it)

- scripteditor integrated into the 2D editor (the switching between Desktop and game is not nice)

- maybe an option to set population and animal density (slightly - middel - strong populated - dependent on that X civilians on the towns spawning)

- assign faces (e.g. camouflage) or give/take weapons by menu selection

- more options - additional (fine) tuning options

- tolls as full version including manual

Its nice to see that you realised a lot of those wishes, it would be nicer if you realise the others too ;)

I say YES!

I quite agree...

All preaty, but dont forget realistic ARMOR and hit zones + pointed ipmact decals!

-Glasses and eye protection to be a ingame selectable piece of equipment and have an actual effect (ex: sunglasses will help you cope with the sun better), the way ACE did it.

-Abilitty to sit down on chairs and benches.

- Night vission monocle. If helmet HUD's will be implemented, you can combine the two, without the need to remove one in favour of the other.

I'm sorry if this has been requested before (searching within threads is impossible?).

Other wishes/idea:

- GUI settings ingame (full screen without text or radar).

- Remote server manager (similar to Rcon/team duck's server manager).

- Auto hover when using map as pilot, or at least real "3d" map.

- A cutdown Arma Free version... so I can convert my collegues to Armaholism. :D

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2011/07/invisible-inc/8523/3/

"Months passed. Then, this spring, Cramer invited me to his workshop. When I entered, he lowered the shades. Then he pulled up his iPad and showed me a video that depicted a cream-colored wall with a dark baseboard. In front of the wall stood something resembling a Japanese shoji screen, with panes as clear as Saran Wrap: I could see the wall behind it. In the video, a woman entered the room and walked behind the screen so that her head stuck out above it. And then I watched as her body disappeared. Her head floated above the screen, and I could see the wall. But nothing of her body. “We’re bending the entire spectrum of light—infrared, ultraviolet, thermal,†Cramer told me. “People are disappearing. It doesn’t use cameras or mirrors or require power.â€"

I also heard this tech mentioned briefly during an NPR interview at the end recently.

Hello guys, I wanted to add something to the "wish" list.

Dynamic Night vision, even tho all the modders out there make these kinds of things it's also good if Bohemia have it in the game :>

Gonna link a few things here,

These things look amazing. I can't imagine anything more sexy than these types of airstrikes and particles flying around.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the clips and maybe add some nice effects:)

WarFX did a beautiful job in Arma 2 with these particles and explosions.

Just laying out the thoughts I had :9

btw seems like the YOUTUBE links don't work :o

Edited by horton
Youtube links broken

The hardcoded particle limit needs to be either increased a lot, or made into a config entry. I use particles a LOT, but mine are the type to stick around for a long time, and the hardcoded limit is very apparent when all your long-lasting smoke is suddenly culled because a couple of explosions have suddenly gone off...

Okay, yeah well the third link looks amazing, the night vision there.

Also caves is also a badass thing to have.

To add to my former post: In addition to an updated Oxygen, I'd like to see 3ds and Maya viewport shaders eventually released as part of the ArmA 3 SDK. Maybe even some official .p3d import/export scripts? Pretty pleeease?

1) Sniper targets on long range seem to "teleport" in ArmA2 (as most players know). Please fix it in ArmA3 if possible. I think it's probably a bandwidth saver but pretty annoying when you are sniping at the long ranges. Solution? Maybe check if sniper is zoomed in and only then allow more positional data to flow to the snipers client? But I'm just a user, I don't speak C++ ;)

2) Try to get semi-realistic friction coefficients on tires (tracks) and surfaces. I want to slip and slide down a 70° grass slope and not drive on it like I'm on rails. Maybe wet surfaces (rain?) can have even lower friction coefficients ;)

1) Sniper targets on long range seem to "teleport" in ArmA2 (as most players know). Please fix it in ArmA3 if possible. I think it's probably a bandwidth saver but pretty annoying when you are sniping at the long ranges. Solution? Maybe check if sniper is zoomed in and only then allow more positional data to flow to the snipers client? But I'm just a user, I don't speak C++ ;)

Already implemented in recent Arma2 betas. Expect it in the next patch, and in Arma3 of course.

2) Try to get semi-realistic friction coefficients on tires (tracks) and surfaces. I want to slip and slide down a 70° grass slope and not drive on it like I'm on rails. Maybe wet surfaces (rain?) can have even lower friction coefficients ;)

Thanks to PhysX, totally possible. If i remember correctly in one of the interviews talking about PhysX, this example has been mentioned

Thanks to PhysX, totally possible. If i remember correctly in one of the interviews talking about PhysX, this example has been mentioned

Like rain effects in Grand Theft Auto 4, you slip in slide in vehicles... lol

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

MEDIC INVENTORY (MAKE IT SEPARATE)

Gear menu, and then you can also have a medic bag menu which has it's own gear in it.

Field dressings, tourniquets, haemostatic agents, morphine, smelling salts, AEDs (portable defibrillators), IV plasma bags adrenaline injectors.

A med kit will stop bleeding, take away pain, and refill the casualties blood meter (runs out when bleeding).

(Make an option that comes up to extract bullets from flesh)

Medics have a success rate of 90% of the time, and soldiers have a success rate of bullet extraction of about 15% chance.

The medic system currently in Arma 2 + OA is crap.

So... what we need is a separate medic bag so we can fill it with medic gear.

(An improved medic system can not be ignored for Arma 3)

Confirmed already, at least in part. In the last VBS2 there is an example of that.

I wanna request an awesome poster that comes with the purchase. I don't care if i have to pay 5-10 bucks more. Thanks

Even if it is not uber realistic, some functioning body armour to add realism and the need to use armour piercing ammunition in some cases, whereas standard ammo is more effective against those without armour.

Since we already saw improved idling animations on characters ( breathing etc) I would love to see the same with plants moving in the wind. The models itself are already stunning but lifelike and detailed movement animations add a whole new touch to the visual quality.