Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

AI Spawn system similar to Murk Spawn addon. We use the Murk Spawn on our coop missions and it prevents a lot of server lag and CPU comsuption.

The Murk Spawn allows many options as waypoints, AI behaviour, etc. It just delete all the AIs on the map and then spawn it when a trigger is activated. But it have some bugs, like freezed AIs and problems mounting in weapons and vehicles

Working parallax has probably been stated already. Here´s an example:

a9BDXl.jpg

Because it´s clearly doable in Arma 2, as evident from this, totally not photoshopped picture, it should also be easy to do in Arma 3. Totally.

(But in all seriousness, it´d be nice, albeit not a high priority.)

Not a very high priority perhaps, but it is one of the primary reasons and advantages for using that type of sight. It would be nice to see.

Romanian Army :D

Only if we can hit stacks of burning bricks while they are on fire.

I'm hoping for an authentic storyline. It is obvious that the NATO is involved, but I'd like to see as little US and West-European Forces as possible.

By 2015 there should be an operational Balkan Battlegroup, by that time the West-Balkan is either part of the EU or in accession to the EU. Turkey should play a big role aswell.

The Romanian Army isn't a bad idea actually. Considering that the storyline involves "battered NATO forces" anything Albanian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Greek, Romanian, Slovenian and if not withdrawn also the Turkish should be involved. Not to mention countries currently acceding to the NATO (Bosnian, Georgia, Macedonia, Montenegro) and allies. Somehow I'd love to see a bit of all, especially the Greek and the Turks.

I'd love to see the opponents of the NATO aswell, but I think it is better to be surprised when everybody starts up the game.

I'm hoping for an authentic storyline...

Imho idea to use real nations and countries in game completely disgusting and rubbish - do not support idea of ARMY FREE WORLD.As I mention before game needed to be based on idea of team x fight against team y without allocation to real nations.I understand that many of you specially who have washed brain want to see how American or Russian troops killing other nations of each other - but believe me it is real stupid to use this in game and I'M SURE such games will be BANNED in near future.

Imho idea to use real nations and countries in game completely disgusting and rubbish - do not support idea of ARMY FREE WORLD.As I mention before game needed to be based on idea of team x fight against team y without allocation to real nations.I understand that many of you specially who have washed brain want to see how American or Russian troops killing other nations of each other - but believe me it is real stupid to use this in game and I'M SURE such games will be BANNED in near future.

what the fuck... :oh:

'nother post o-the-decade candidate right thar.

As long as it is kept politically correct there is no problem. There should also be two campaigns, one for BLUFOR and one for OPFOR.

So essentially your suggesting that it's perfectly fine to develop a game that simulates human beings deliberately maiming and killing other human beings, but it would be completely disgusting to imitate real world military organizations. Interesting viewpoint.

Allow override of model.cfg configs in binarized models. There is so much I could do with existing BIS models if I could just override some of the animations in the models! :(

• We finally need to be able to tweak config-files on the fly. That is, we need overloading of classes (if possible) and the option to simply create new classes as we go, all with scripting.
    If my mission needs a customized unit-class, a tweaked car or something, then I shouldn't be forced to bake my own addon.
  • Solve the friggin ponds, rivers and bridges problem. (and then show off with an awesome new map, featuring lots of fish ;))
  • More micro-terrain. I sometimes wonder, why humans in Armaland actually bothered to build roads at all. We need more unpassable terrain; by all or only by (some) vehicles. We need more roads (and bridges and paths), that can't simply be circumnavigated, if you want to get from A to B.
    Guess this factor gets almost lost in translation/from downscaling. I don't know how this really works, but maybe stuff shouldn't be scaled linearly? And even if you'd cheat a little: I wouldn't mind a "spiced up" map by BIS artists, for the sake of a more interesting gameplay. :)
    Sure, this is probably a question of AI/pathfinding too.
    But still...
  • Dear 3D-artists from BIS: please take extra care while doing the "functional" LODs of all your nice models - especially since such model-fixes/data-patches are rather rare. It sucks when some special points aren't well defined or simply misplaced; stuff like ground-level of models, which shows if you're going to an attachTo-party.
    And please make sure, we get a reasonable bounding-box. Or maybe we need a new special object, somewhere in some LOD, that defines a much better bounding-box, than what we have now (or end up with, given the ingame scripting commands).
    The current state is simply aweful. Bounding boxes are usually much too generous, if not simply wrong (for lots of practical purposes), and also their (position-)offset is not reliable... (and as mentioned, even the z-offset/ground-level of some models are completely off, if attachedTo something) And let's not speak of those darn warefare-buildings, which come with like eight tons of sweat mother earth at their bottom, blowing the bounding box up into outer space.... :rolleyes:
    Aweful, I tell you.
    Currently, the only working solution is to measure all objectes "by hand/eye", which is stupid and tedious and noone sane would do that.. (yeah, hahaha :(, I don't wanna do that again for ArmA3).
    Again: something is terribly wrong here. But I'm not quite sure, what we need; does the model actually need new extra information to return a better bounding box and do we need (a) new command(s) for this? Are there multiple bounding boxes of interest? The current one and a new "rectangle-packer-aproofed"-exact one?
  • More "generic" and perfectly scriptable animations (actions!), such as walking backwards, lifting, dragging, carrying (generic objects or even people), punching/chopping (generic), digging(!) and so on. A shovel and an axe. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/8893)
    Arma is more than only shooting stuff. :)
  • Lots of (small) objects. Any kind. Don't be shy. We're going to use it.
  • oh, and for sure: setFSM (to swap/disable danger/formation/"core" fsm) (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23159)

Edited by ruebe

Very need ability to server send code (sqf, sqs, etc.) to clinet and execute this code on client. This provide it will develop additional add-ons for the server, which as ACM and Spy statistics, with features not having come to upload the mission, as well as allow it to protect the missions from third-party code tinkering. the ability to run code on the client will greatly enhance the possibility of playing at the level of code!

As well as much needed commands are not read-only files but also for writing and creating files on both the client and the server!

Belive many addon developers have many probles thiout this functions!!!

PLEASE! Add this functions, its very important!

As well as much needed commands are not read-only files but also for writing and creating files on both the client and the server!

Count me out, definitely don't want to server to be able to tell the client (=my computer) such things. Privacy? Security? Anyone? At least not more then the current generation of Server<>Client does.

You dont unterstand, i think, because you not a scripter...

On Server sent code to clinet but we have troubles with launch this code on client side, and need special commands like some - GlobalExecute in CBA...

You dont unterstand, i think, because you not a scripter...

On Server sent code to clinet but we have troubles with launch this code on client side, and need special commands like some - GlobalExecute in CBA...

Hi,

Arma 2 already has such functions, within the Functions module, called Remote Execution (RE).

Check here for more info.

_neo_

I agre with that closed post about animations, Operation Flashpoint 2 Dragon Rising have nice animations, althoug I dont like that game

there is no such thing as OFP2. CM's game is called Dragon Rising.

Anyways, the animations that they were showing in some previews were never implemented within the actual game...

about the animations: I would like to see some idle animations.

Whenever a soldier is turned out of a tank he just stares in front of him.

Maybe add some movement and reset that movement whenever you move your mouse

about the animations: I would like to see some idle animations.

Whenever a soldier is turned out of a tank he just stares in front of him.

Maybe add some movement and reset that movement whenever you move your mouse

I'd love to see proper behavior like AI heads directed at what they are actually looking at when in vehicles/turned-out.