Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

It's only the editor that has carried Arma for me, but now ive uninstalled the game because I'm no coder/scripter and im tired of wasting precious time trying to get things to work... And I've wasted a lot off time in the editor and MP is dead unless you belong to a clan etc!

I think they have picked up their game and will be providing a lot of features that are old hat in other shooters like rag doll, physics etc.. We've been wanting that for a long time now but for me it feels too little too late.

In hind sight my only wish is they provide tools to be able to create big epic ongoing (persistent) SP battles in the editor with AI respawn, some sort of re-capturable zones etc, that's what sets Arma apart is it's sheer size and awesome user addons, but you cannot really use them in any "Arma" kind off way? Unless you're an uber scripter or use some off the cool add ons like DAC/Ups

I doubt they will provide any new editor tools etc so Arma is pretty much dead for me now, but will give PR a go as maybe they will finally provide some worthy online gameplay

... wish? ... idea? :)

I expect to see an FCS for AM/sniper rifles. Just like in modern tanks.

Aim at target, press 'lase' and it computes distance, elevation, windage, temperature, humidity and whatnot.

That's the future.

Though personally I don't like it cause it's for pussies :p

I expect to see an FCS for AM/sniper rifles. Just like in modern tanks.

Aim at target, press 'lase' and it computes distance, elevation, windage, temperature, humidity and whatnot.

That's the future.

Though personally I don't like it cause it's for pussies :p

you are trolling us, isn't it?

That the admins for servers of Arma 3 put some good coop missions on the server, OTHER then domi... I mean come one guys, aren't you bored of that.............. It's almost impossible to find coop missions now....

Need to find a community to play with. Totally public co-op seems like it'd be horrible.

Need to find a community to play with. Totally public co-op seems like it'd be horrible.

this man speaks the truth, i stoped playing dom after joining a group. so much better now. but dont even need to do that, just any active community can run some awesome missions.

this game sim was made for that, teamplay, communication, planification, etc, etc, not for lonewolf rambo wannabe

but... EPIC EXPLOSIONS PLEASE! xD

DINOSAURUZ!!!! And lots of 'em! Other than that some minor totally non-important stuff like engine optimisation, wind as global variable affecting everything it should and proper sound would be nice too... )))

Must beed added in Arma 3! Or addons again?

Sound, noise meter for stealth missions, and not only (similarity of Splinter Cell)

-Voice recording, audio sonar to scan the terrain (forests, home), the presence of sources of sound, noise enemy.

Booby-traps responsive to sound, noise and signal transmission to the player (remote mic), noise-killer as a means to deal with such devices.

The charge for a bullet or a grenade launcher for the sniper rifle with a camera and microphone, which can fire and stick to any object

-Collideble and brokable light sources (lights, headlights from cars, light poles)

Edited by J-Guid

Not sure what a "noise meter" would do. In the OA stealth mission I once crawled around the whole base with an enemy following me around while I planted satchels. He knew I was there. He knew I was "interesting". But he didn't figure out if I was enemy. I lured him outside, and killed him the second I blew the charges and ran for the hills. This issue might have been fixed, and if not could have been fixed by them using flares with attached #lightpoint objects (I use this technique in my mission, and they do make positive id on you because of it). What would you base your "noise meter" on?

Not sure what a "noise meter" would do. In the OA stealth mission I once crawled around the whole base with an enemy following me around while I planted satchels. He knew I was there. He knew I was "interesting". But he didn't figure out if I was enemy. I lured him outside, and killed him the second I blew the charges and ran for the hills. This issue might have been fixed, and if not could have been fixed by them using flares with attached #lightpoint objects (I use this technique in my mission, and they do make positive id on you because of it). What would you base your "noise meter" on?

How match more you deal a noice and enemy (noice indicator)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_level_meter ...

If you run fast, you deal more noice, if you walk silently, your noice is low, and noice meter show thath!

Affects the level of detection, and distribution steps in multiplayer

Edited by J-Guid

I don't see the purpose of a noise meter if you know that moving fast = noisy and moving slow = quiet.

I don't see the purpose of a noise meter if you know that moving fast = noisy and moving slow = quiet.

Common sense, how it is lacking these days :p

An old nostalgic theme which is fitting for ArmA 3 ... sang for the The guns of Navarone which were on a Greek Island :P

Maybe ArmA 3 will get such a song for the game for old times sake ;)

Wq7GBwWom5s

ArmA should provide more Event Handlers to units, to cover all of the things the AI is aware of, and allow a script to over-ride the default behavior or add to it.

For example, we know that the AI's detect other units, because they will yell out things like "Man 200 meters ahead" or "Enemy man 200 meters ahead".

Yet there is no event handler that fires on this information, so you can't script behavior for it. You can come close by creating a trigger that fires when enemies are detected in an area, but that is a kludge, and is not quite the same thing.

The simplest use case for a handler like "enemy detected" would be for a unit that is posted as a sentry, or on patrol. What's it going to do when it spots an enemy? Perhaps it should NOT actually open fire, but instead stealthily observe while calling in reinforcements. The possibilities are endless.

In any case that's just one example. There are all sorts of things that the AI obviously is aware of that do not have any associated event handler. There should be an event handler for pretty much anything the AI knows about.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Re-usable Waypoints

I would like to create some waypoints on the map that are not associated with any particular unit. I would then like to be able to use events in the game, triggers or eventhandlers, to assign a unit to that waypoint.

For example, if there is a strong point I could create some waypoints that model an attack on that strongpoint. A patrol wandering the map may then run across this strong point, and find an enemy inside. On detecting an enemy there via a trigger I could assign the patrol to the attack waypoint.

Another use is that you can lay down a bunch of generic behaviors on a map, save it, and then re-use it on multiple missions conveniently, assigning units to the re-usable waypoints.

You could also have a patrol route with different patrols following the same waypoints, but at different points along the route.

Anyway again, lots of possibilities here.

ArmA should provide more Event Handlers to units, to cover all of the things the AI is aware of, and allow a script to over-ride the default behavior or add to it.

For example, we know that the AI's detect other units, because they will yell out things like "Man 200 meters ahead" or "Enemy man 200 meters ahead".

Yet there is no event handler that fires on this information, so you can't script behavior for it. You can come close by creating a trigger that fires when enemies are detected in an area, but that is a kludge, and is not quite the same thing.

The simplest use case for a handler like "enemy detected" would be for a unit that is posted as a sentry, or on patrol. What's it going to do when it spots an enemy? Perhaps it should NOT actually open fire, but instead stealthily observe while calling in reinforcements. The possibilities are endless.

In any case that's just one example. There are all sorts of things that the AI obviously is aware of that do not have any associated event handler. There should be an event handler for pretty much anything the AI knows about.

Yep :) I should like to break into the "enemy detected" event too, if the detecting group assesses that they themselves have not been detected, then they go into hide or ambush activity, instead of the default attack activity.

I would like to create some waypoints on the map that are not associated with any particular unit. I would then like to be able to use events in the game, triggers or eventhandlers, to assign a unit to that waypoint.

For example, if there is a strong point I could create some waypoints that model an attack on that strongpoint. A patrol wandering the map may then run across this strong point, and find an enemy inside. On detecting an enemy there via a trigger I could assign the patrol to the attack waypoint.

Another use is that you can lay down a bunch of generic behaviors on a map, save it, and then re-use it on multiple missions conveniently, assigning units to the re-usable waypoints.

You could also have a patrol route with different patrols following the same waypoints, but at different points along the route.

Anyway again, lots of possibilities here.

Can't logic units have waypoints attributed to them? You could use these as waypoint libraries ready for use :)

I would be really graetful for this:

- Once there was comfirmed that blasts will create actually Shockwave I would like to be able set how Strong will that blast be from classic C4 to H-Bomb.

And just dont forget to make soldier and other vehicle classes to be able cover in, or behind house, well with some possibilitties that house will fall in ruins on them :)

- Improve AI fight in buildings once there will be every single one able to enter. I would like to see some Ambush actions with not stupid looking AI watching in other way and standing in one position in house (House patrol scripts are good, but still restricted by some rules)

- Make zeroing at Grenade launchers animated (so it will not so "jump" with any change)

- Animated entering and leaving vehicles !!!

- make it possible to change position in vehicle, or better said STANCE, so Soldier can cover crouching him self (they should be also able to look at window like driver when he wants to over drive someone or co-drivers to shoot)

Add a speed walk control on mouse scroll - look a video about Splinter Cell DA,PT - Defalut you move faster, if you scrolling mouse wheel down, your speed begin deruced, and you noice to ;) :ghostface::shhh:

Edited by J-Guid

Add a speed walk control on mouse scroll - look a video about Splinter Cell DA,PT - Defalut you move faster, if you scrolling mouse wheel down, your speed begin deruced, and you noice to ;) :ghostface::shhh:

Like the Shift key you mean?

Like the Shift key you mean?

Shift key its fixed switcher between modes, mose wheel its a a floating switch!

Belive me, it will make movement of characters livelier and more dynamic!

In real life you cant move with any speed, you movements not fixed, you are not a robot :)! Again, look videos about Splinter Cell - this must have!!!

Mouse wheel scroll up - increase walk speed

Mouse wheel scroll down - decrease walk speed

its switching slowly and not have a fixed presets!

In Arma character moving like a stone golems (movements is trapped and have no smooth)

Edited by J-Guid

How match more you deal a noice and enemy (noice indicator)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_level_meter ...

If you run fast, you deal more noice, if you walk silently, your noice is low, and noice meter show thath!

Affects the level of detection, and distribution steps in multiplayer

why would you need a sound meter? USE YOUR OWN EARS!!!

Ok no sound meter, but smooth and float controlled movements must been HAVE!

Ok no sound meter, but smooth and float controlled movements must been HAVE!

I actually did like the speed increments that Hidden & Dangerous 2 allowed with its mouse wheel. All the way from sprint right down to creep, it was a very intuitive control.

I actually did like the speed increments that Hidden & Dangerous 2 allowed with its mouse wheel. All the way from sprint right down to creep, it was a very intuitive control.

so here I am talking about this! in Arma it would be great in all situations, please enter it in Arma 3! movement speed 0.0 - 1.0 maby only for walk speed - run is run :)

Key modifier - Shift + Scroll, or an another!

Edited by J-Guid