Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

1.The ability to holster/place on back all guns, including pistols and rifles.

2. The ability to lower pistols rather than having them permannetly raised. Always looked odd.

3. The ability to March in step. Sometimes you want to take the roleplay a little more serious. Also, itd look cool in missions. Make the Iranians goosestep as well!!!

Seriously looking forward to ArmA 3, keep up the good work!

3. The ability to March in step. Sometimes you want to take the roleplay a little more serious.

This.

I wonder if these soldiers are "advanced" enough to avoid mass bombardment when marching like a musketeer battalion.

And I also hope there's some different cartridges with different materials, like Soviet-era or Chinese made ammo are using iron shell with black painting, like this:

http://fav.me/d2wmzu6

300px-5.8x42_mm.jpg

Lol at the comments on that link. The amount of people that argue over the internet. *slap*... looks cool though, very nice.

Lol at the comments on that link. The amount of people that argue over the internet. *slap*... looks cool though, very nice.

I somehow expect people are arguing the material more than size, anyway...:p

The ability to animate units that aproach certain things to do stuff eg you have an ammo truck an vehicle thats out of ammo and some troops.. you group the troops with the ammo truck and when an unloaded vehicle comes along they do generic loading animation..

Also if all vehicles had a proxy e.g refueling pump proxy... That would have the final location of where the fueling pump would slot whilst refueling and you could also have it so that a certain animation would be played so that when its being refueled the troops would play an animation that would correspond with whats happening.. this could also be done with re-arming and repairs...

It could even be expanded so to things like aircraft carriers where you have a guy name him something like shooter and group him with the carrrier and when in game he would just automatically use the set animations that come with the unit for whatever you set him there to do.

Anyone think this would make sense? Of course everything should be able to operate without these troops whatnot.. nbut it would be nice to be able to set a default way to do this.

What do you guys think?

P.s sorry for my awfull writing today I feel pretty grotty

So to round it up animation proxies that are automatically triggered by certain conditions...

Edited by wolfbite

The ability to animate units that aproach certain things to do stuff eg you have an ammo truck an vehicle thats out of ammo and some troops.. you group the troops with the ammo truck and when an unloaded vehicle comes along they do generic loading animation..

Also if all vehicles had a proxy e.g refueling pump proxy... That would have the final location of where the fueling pump would slot whilst refueling and you could also have it so that a certain animation would be played so that when its being refueled the troops would play an animation that would correspond with whats happening.. this could also be done with re-arming and repairs...

It could even be expanded so to things like aircraft carriers where you have a guy name him something like shooter and group him with the carrrier and when in game he would just automatically use the set animations that come with the unit for whatever you set him there to do.

Anyone think this would make sense? Of course everything should be able to operate without these troops whatnot.. nbut it would be nice to be able to set a default way to do this.

What do you guys think?

P.s sorry for my awfull writing today I feel pretty grotty

So to round it up animation proxies that are automatically triggered by certain conditions...

agreed.

What I also would like to see is an animation for actually getting in a vehicle.

Right now we get an animation and then pop in place.

Was it lazyness or is it really that hard to animate your character until it reaches the desired postion (driver, gunner,..)

What I also would like to see is an animation for actually getting in a vehicle.

In a recent interview it was stated that they are looking into this, but we'll have to wait and see if it makes it in.

Was it lazyness or is it really that hard to animate your character until it reaches the desired postion (driver, gunner,..)

Did you consider that they don't have unlimited time and manpower to create their games, so some low priority features (especially pure visual ones that don't affect gameplay) simply don't make it in? :rolleyes:

Lazyness has nothing to do with it.

agreed.

Quote from TKOH youtube channel.

Hi, guys!

Later in the week, we'll also be posting our official GC trailer, featuring the new get-in & out animations, inverse kinematics, & a view of the latest improvements to Downtown Seattle!

So this week, hope that its today :), we will see how Mníšek Pod Brdy team manage this feature. I'm really curious.

Did you consider that they don't have unlimited time and manpower to create their games, so some low priority features (especially pure visual ones that don't affect gameplay) simply don't make it in?

Lazyness has nothing to do with it.

that makes sense.

The term 'lazyness' was probably wrong but you got my point ;)

as for the getting in and out animations: very good to hear that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarge4267

agreed.

Quote from TKOH youtube channel.

Quote:

Hi, guys!

Later in the week, we'll also be posting our official GC trailer, featuring the new get-in & out animations, inverse kinematics, & a view of the latest improvements to Downtown Seattle!

So this week, hope that its today , we will see how Mníšek Pod Brdy team manage this feature. I'm really curious.

YES!

YES!

You can find the new trailer on the TOH section or on the official youtube channel:

:cool:

Edit: RobertHammer is faster than me.

well thanks mates.

I sure hope they make it as good as this! (the animations)

I wish for extra command flyInHeightASL, the above sea level equivalent to flyInHeight to get those air insertions to look straight and not like a damn rollercoaster.

Still want to keep original flyInHeight command, just need one extra for above sea level to suit all needs.

I wish for extra command flyInHeightASL, the above sea level equivalent to flyInHeight to get those air insertions to look straight and not like a damn rollercoaster.

Still want to keep original flyInHeight command, just need one extra for above sea level to suit all needs.

As opposed to a flyinheight thats unusually interested in kids on chatrooms :P

As opposed to a flyinheight thats unusually interested in kids on chatrooms :P

lol wut!?

flyInHeight for tactical terrain following flight.

flyInHeightASL for normal altitude flight.

Makes sense to me, even if we may get altitude on waypoints (from TAKOH).

Where possible stop using the interact scroll menu and add contextual interaction ability with objects in game, like TKoH style cockpits.

Suggestion: Getting inside a vehicle, instead of walking up to vehicle, scrolling through list to get to "get in such and such" just instead have a common key for interacting with objects, hold that key and click on the door you want to get in.

hi,

Arma 3 (vanila) should incorporate the same details contained the ACE 2 Mod. (FCS, reticles calibration, sounds, effects, ballistics, armor, vehicles...etc.

every improvements and parameters brought by ACE 2 must be re-used, included in ARMA 3 from the very start.

it would be very frustrating if BIS developpers don't take into account hundreads of hours of hard work needed to modify the vanila Arma 2. into a much more immersive environnement.

the original Arma 3 must contain, or be inspired by all the ACE mod modifications.

the more the game will be detailed and realistic from the very begining and the more it will be acclaimed.

Edited by cychou

hi,

Arma 3 (vanila) should incorporate every details contained in ACE 2. (FCS, calibrated scope reticle, sounds, effects, ballistics, armor, vehicles...etc.

every aspects brought by ACE MOD must be included in ARMA 3 from the very start.

it would be very frustrating if developpers don't take into account hundreads of hours of hard work needed to modify the vanila Arma 2 into to much more realistic simulation.

the base for Arma 3 must be inspired from ACE mod. please !!

I am sure it won't be to that extent, and that for a good reason.

ON the other hand, i am sure ACE will be poprted to A3 pretty quickly :rolleyes:

If I was allowed just one humble wish, it'd be a slightly more true-to-life Fennek model. Just loose the excess pair of headlights, reshape the hull ahead of the front window, put some RCWS ontop of it and make it controllable from the right seat, all done.

What I would like to see is:

- better brown out effects caused by rotor downwash (now with the particle effects system)

- walking in cargo areas of vehicles (yes for the gazillion time, I know, sorry)

- water tide, currents, earth curvature, a more realistic simulation of water in general

- vehicle handling and simulation. Some vehicles might get stuck on bad soil (mud, snow) Correct moving speed of vehicles (uphill, on roads, on terrain). This would mean that roads become a more important part of planning. It would also mean that you would have to choose a suitable beach for conducting amphibious operations. And more

- more capabilities to conduct amphibious operations (special vehicles [LCAC, LST, LPD...], techniques [ship to shore, over the horizon...], specialized equipment)

- ability to enforce shadow settings server side!!!1!111!1! It's such a cheat when playing a night PvP mission and somebody turns off shadows

Edited by TheBlessedPig

hi,

Arma 3 (vanila) should incorporate the same details contained the ACE 2 Mod. (FCS, reticles calibration, sounds, effects, ballistics, armor, vehicles...etc.

every improvements and parameters brought by ACE 2 must be re-used, included in ARMA 3 from the very start.

it would be very frustrating if BIS developpers don't take into account hundreads of hours of hard work needed to modify the vanila Arma 2. into a much more immersive environnement.

the original Arma 3 must contain, or be inspired by all the ACE mod modifications.

the more the game will be detailed and realistic from the very begining and the more it will be acclaimed.

Appreciate your love for ACE!

Let BIS focus on more important things, leave the tweaking to us :P

Besides, we need something to do as well, otherwise it'd be boring. Though perhaps it would help with coming up with really new stuff.

On the other hand, we think porting our features over to A3 will be quite easy, but no-one knows for sure until release of course :)

Important features that are done better in the engine ... that's somewhat different story :)

In any case, ACE gameplay isn't for everyone :)

Edited by Sickboy

I think I've said this suggestion before, but I'll say it again:

setOwner (or call it setObjectOwner).

It would be used for bombs/bullets/missiles.

basically if we spawn a bomb for say an off map asset script, we'd be able to assign the owner of the bomb to the person who called it in. So if it hits the ground and kills somebody, the engine will know who the bomb belonged to.

This could greatly increase useability of systems like Mando Missile Mod.