Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

Not sure if this was mentioned.

• IMPROVED POST PROCESS EFFECTS
  • OPTION TO REMOVE THE "BAD-EYESIGHT" EFFECT

Please none of that glowing cows BS or bad eyesight blurry BS. My eyesight isn't the best myself, and every time I put on post process effects in ArmA2 my ingame eyesight becomes worse than my own. Just tone things down a little please, BIS. ArmA 1 never seemed to have this problem. The ideas are okay, but they are OVER THE TOP. Options to remove this bad eyesight effect or lower it.

• LOWER GRASS IN AREAS.
  • PEER ABILITY

Laying down and not being able to see a single foot in-front of your face. Not all grass and vegetation is over two foot high in real life. Especially in areas populated by humans and livestock (fields with animals). Peer option to quickly rise and descend above the grass-top to look around, rather than changing stance altogether.

I guess these suggestions relate to awareness.

MOre about animations:

When you get hit, would be nice some kind of inertia/whatever movement depending on where you got hit and if you dont die ofcourse. If you are running and somebody shoots you, you fall on the ground very hard (animation) and then this going to take another animation to stand up again

I would like to see the freelook (trackir or key / mouse) reworked a little so that one is able to also set the avatar in the direction you were looking instead of returning to body direction.

Possibly two functions were you eirther return to the direction the avatar's body was facing and to set the avatar's body to the direction it was looking.

The first function is currently present, the second is not (not to my knowledge). I believe the latter could be very handy, especially with TIR, to engage targets that you have seen on your flanks. With the present system you first need to return to the direction the body is facing and then you turn the avatar and re-acuire the target losing precious time...

Humans tend to go where they are looking, focusing on a direction, point or target. I feel currently arma is the other way around...

Edited by Chill xl

I would like to see the freelook (trackir or key / mouse) reworked a little so that one is able to also set the avatar in the direction you were looking instead of returning to body direction.

Possibly two functions were you eirther return to the direction the avatar's body was facing and to set the avatar's body to the direction it was looking.

The first function is currently present, the second is not (not to my knowledge). I believe the latter could be very handy, especially with TIR, to engage targets that you have seen on your flanks. With the present system you first need to return to the direction the body is facing and then you turn the avatar and re-acuire the target losing precious time...

Humans tend to go where they are looking, focusing on a direction, point or target. I feel currently arma is the other way around...

Hmm no definately not. The TrackIR system is just about perfect as it is: you move your head independantly of your body, that's the entire purpose of TrackIR. And trust me, aiming with your face is no fun :)

It sounds to me like you wish to slave the body direction to the TrackIR direction, but there's something you haven't considered: Head direction is relative to your body direction, if your head direction becomes absolute, then you're playing the game where you have to look left all the time in order to move west. I'm sure you have a system of how to move the body after you've turned your head, but to be honest I think that system already exists - it's playing without a TrackIR.

Hmm, no not exactly... I do realise that TIR makes it complicated since headposition is involved, lets keep that out of the suggestion (for now) and focus merely on the freelook part.

My idea is not to slave, but more "aimed" at what happens when you end the freelook "session". Releasing the freelook key, the look "rubberbands" back to the direction the body is facing. Often this is what you want, except when you spot a target on your flanks... Then you want to set the body direction to the direction where you were looking so you can aim at the just spotted target. In this case, the body should "rubberband" to the direction of look.

An idea would be to use the "bring up sights" (often RMB) function to end the freelook session and set the body direction to the direction of look. The weapon will then be raised and pointing towards the target without the need to reaquire the target by moving the body back to where you were looking.

Edited by Chill xl

Hmm, no not exactly... I do realise that TIR makes it complicated since headposition is involved, lets keep that out of the suggestion (for now) and focus merely on the freelook part.

My idea is not to slave, but more "aimed" at what happens when you end the freelook "session". Releasing the freelook key, the look "rubberbands" back to the direction the body is facing. Often this is what you want, except when you spot a target on your flanks... Then you want to set the body direction to the direction where you were looking so you can aim at the just spotted target. In this case, the body should "rubberband" to the direction of look.

An idea would be to use the "bring up sights" (often RMB) function to end the freelook session and set the body direction to the direction of look.

Ah, OK. But, there would still be an amount of shuffling involved as I highly doubt BIS would ever introduce instant body shift to direction of view. And in general there isn't any other auto-body movement in ArmA, not in the way you describe. How would you decide to cancel such a movement, if you decide to look another direction? I feel, not to unnecessarily piss on another person's strawberries, that it creates a confusion where there needn't be one :)

Real weight for physx objects...

In the vid where the tank crashes into the containers etc, they fly around like feathers.

be nice to see GPU used to take the load of some of the AI calculations. I read in another thread how the CPU is the bottleneck and GPU can go underutilized. not sure it's possible but if so it may lead to imporved performance.

I'd like to add a couple of things to the CQB. Side of things. One major thing missing on BAF for Arma 2 was bayonets. The gameplay in open areas for Arma 2 was fantastic, how about a bit more with urban built up areas as well getting the AI to clear rooms, flashbang/grenades etc.

- Fully optimized engine 1+++

-improved performance 1++++

i wish it will take the good from RED ORCHESTRA 2

1: 3D scope

2: blind fire both guns and very very important FRAG or smoke

3: lift up ur weapon when u r too close to a wall or getting jam up at the corner in a building

4: realistic view in side vehicle,,, like the current breadly driver view or btr 60 driver view, c through window, to all slot in a vehicle like btr60 commander view is stuck in the scope that sucks.

5: less awkward aim

6: automatically lower ur self to take cover beside wall when u not aiming, or any thing that make sense like cars, tanks, rocks, trees

7: weapon rest on wall or bipod, any way stead aim when u near a object that make sense to rest weapon on

8: plz make the mian gun moveable when crew stick his head out of a vehicle (turn out) or when the main gun is moving crew not able to stick his head out of a vehicle (turn out)

video of how gun should work

video of many realistic and very immersive feature

Edited by j rock

I'd like fire extinguisher to put out burning vehicles that draw enemy attention.

Also how about getting the game engine to use MEMORY effectively. Instead of loading GB of data from the HDD how about allowing some of the data textures to be stored in MEMORY-the lack of efficient memory usage is one of Arma 2's Most annoying features.

I have two 6990's and an i7 920 at 4ghz plus 2 ssd's and still the fps slows to 30fps incherno when drawing losts of grass-I imagine because even with SSD everything is waiting for the textures etc to stream from the SSD rather than from memory (16gb and it barely gets used.

Ok so I just heard the interview with Ivan Buchta and he mentioned that the Mk8 SDV will be in the game. I think it would also be good if we can use the DPV (Diver Propulsion Vehicles) as well for individual divers. What do you guys think? I love the fact that there is a whole new aspect added to the gameplay with the diving feature! :yay:

Vid of DPV:

Vid of DPV:

That's actually very cool. I didn't realise DPVs could be so compact, hope they make it into the game.

I wonder how BIS are going to simulate getting the SDV on and off an Astute class, considering that's probably classified/restricted. Is there any evidence the SBS use Mk8 SDVs?

Edited by Daniel

That's actually very cool. I didn't realise DPVs could be so compact, hope they make it into the game.

I wonder how BIS are going to simulate getting the SDV on and off an Astute class, considering that's probably classified/restricted. Is there any evidence the SBS use Mk8 SDVs?

Yes I hope BIS adds it into the game as well, or else hopefully they see this. It would be awesome to be able to use the DPV.

As for your question, I don't know if the SBS uses the mk.8, however I found this vid of something similar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_tikiEnZTk

Edited by Jake34

Has anyone thought of a simple map client ?

Sometimes when I play with my friends I find myself using two computers: one is for the normal game and the second I use only for displaying the map. The map-PC is connected to the 40 inch LCD TV I have for battlefield commanding purposes.

Basically all I would need is a way of displaying a in-game map on a second PC or some other device without any license/free slots requirement.

Such lightweight map client would be also useful for other scenarios.

Something like this?

a5UuY792sAo

(poor video, but the idea is there)

Yeah, would be cool.

Ability it sound setting to use more than one device for in/out.

IE ... Soundcard as main audio, then onboard audio for mic input/chat, pretty much how Team Speak works.

body armour, improved wounds, online optimization and better netcode, ability for community to mod stuff like factions and maps, i want russia and china to fight not just iran and guerillas so it's up to mod makers :D