Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

It's not IA it's AI :p

Some people insist on saying IA (Germans among others) instead of AI. I've yet to figure out what it means. Intelligent Animals? Inanimate Arses? Intricate Art? I dont know. But I know it doesnt mean Artificial Intelligence.

? In Germany we say KI (Künstliche Intelligenz) maybe its just the way it is pronounced wrong ^^

well back again on topic

i would love to see the german governement taking an offensive with NATO and have some Leopards and PzH2000 on the battlefield

Edited by PurePassion

Some people insist on saying IA (Germans among others) instead of AI. I've yet to figure out what it means. Intelligent Animals? Inanimate Arses? Intricate Art? I dont know. But I know it doesnt mean Artificial Intelligence.

IA - Inteligência Artificial

At least in the Portuguese language means Artificial Intelligence.

_neo_

Something very useful for mission makers who go to work using public transport:

An application for android featuring the Arma 2 mission editor, in 2D, with the possibility to see in advance pictures of the units/objects added, etc, and being able to preview the scenario (even with bad graphics, or as a picture) to be able to place the different elements correctly.

It would be nice adding the possibility to write briefings, etc.

When you arrive home you could easily upload the mission to your missions folder via IR, bluetooth, cable, etc and just play it :)

BI should not worry about the graphics, since it would be an application for a mobile, but about the practicality and userfriendliness.

Having spent some thought about this, here are some wishes by me:

No achievements (This would be too cheap a thrill. Maybe appealing to kids who want to boast on the schoolyard, but not quite to myself. Or, I would guess, any player in our demography)

No Cinematic bombasm and Corridor gameplay. It´s a game, not a movie. Though I´d guess BI know this already, and so far have not failed us. Unless you want to call PMC a corridor game.

HC AI.

Editor upgrades: Drop-down menus for choosing equipment, quick-setup for Briefings instead of external HTML, and proper documentation without having to rely on community made pointers and helpers. Maybe improve the search function on the biki.

My two thoughts and a half.

Cheerio

Insta

What's wrong with the search function on the biki? :( I highly agree on HC AI and briefing-editing within the game though.

wouldn´t be good if we can draw in the map? to plan some routes and stuff?

but ofcourse with some limitations on who can and who cant write/draw in the map... because you know...

It would.

Ok two suggestions here:

1. Instead of having a 'Side' section to chose units from, there is only a faction section. When you select the USMC faction you select in another drop down menu what side allignment that (in this case USMC) faction has.

Now it would be pretty silly to see US army versus USMC, and this could be fixed by making USMC and US Army sub folders inside the US Forces faction. Ofcourse, there are many, many creative minded players out there who might benifit from being able to pit the USMC and US Army against each other.

2. While we have come along way from the trnch warfare of WWI, in longterm defence and at FOBs trenches are often dug because they provide a lot of cover for infantry, are less visible from a disance and also the earth dug up to make the trenches can fill sandbags etc. Read any book and talk to anyone who serves in afghanistan and those who served in iraq and you will find trenches are still being used.

My request is that in the editor and maybe warfare construction mode we can make our own trenches. This could be as simple as placing a trench picture in the 2D editor (like a sandbag fence) and could be as advanced as a 3D system where we get to 'carve out' trenches and caves (as seen in the Real Time Immersive tech demo trailler).

Ofcourse the 2D icon placement method would not be able to place caves, but that is ok, although seeing some pre placed caves would be nice in other maps (unless lemnos has them too in which case caves in lemnos would be a good idea :)).

Ofcourse stuff like HC AI, improved armor simulation, body armour simulation, wounds, ballistics, underwater, more realistic flight simulation, more realistic simulation of weapons not just limited to small arms but advanced jet fighter missiles too and other previously mentioned ideas are all on my wishlist too :)

Armor thickness and penetration instead of hitpoints ;)

This x1,000,000,000,000,000

Yes... it is time for us to see this.

+1 ;)

Dunno if this is possible, but i'd like to see separate viewing distance for planes, i hate to see them disappear so soon (planes are gone after 70% actual viewing distance from what i can see). Also smoother zooming with the scope, many times i see stutters when zooming, it shouldn't have to be like that.

Dunno if this is possible, but i'd like to see separate viewing distance for planes, i hate to see them disappear so soon (planes are gone after 70% actual viewing distance from what i can see). Also smoother zooming with the scope, many times i see stutters when zooming, it shouldn't have to be like that.

Another thing that could go hand-in-hand with that is a more flexible LoD balancing system. So that for aircraft that need the extra view distance, they generally see lower LoDs to aid in performance.

Is it just me or in the TKOH screens is there one of a helicopter landing on a moving ship? If so hopefully we will get this in ArmA3!!

And (much improved) component based damage. Technically, penetration is already implemented; just not in the damage model.

On the fly modification loading. See a server that requires a certain mod? Either allow you to load it straight from the menu or have the game auto detect what mods are needed for this server and enable them when you join it.

Also, if you join a server and don't have a mod required for that server it automatically downloads that mod instead of making you go on a witch hunt to find it.

This!!

I have an tiny but very important wish regarding Arma 3:

Independent save points.

Since the Arma 3 Campaign will be totally open to the players preferences and offers a multitude of possibilities and the player will have to make choices that have impact on the further outcome of the story, it is obvious that the player wants to see how the story would have evolved if he made other decisions. Therefore it is essential to be able to safe whenever you want and choose from various safepoints later on.

Imagine a situation where you have to make a decision wether to attack an enemy base on your own or help the local resistance fighter with something an being able to rely on them later. You can simply save the game and later on come back to this savepoint and try the other scenario out.

I have an tiny but very important wish regarding Arma 3:

Independent save points.

Since the Arma 3 Campaign will be totally open to the players preferences and offers a multitude of possibilities and the player will have to make choices that have impact on the further outcome of the story, it is obvious that the player wants to see how the story would have evolved if he made other decisions. Therefore it is essential to be able to safe whenever you want and choose from various safepoints later on.

Imagine a situation where you have to make a decision wether to attack an enemy base on your own or help the local resistance fighter with something an being able to rely on them later. You can simply save the game and later on come back to this savepoint and try the other scenario out.

You already can, can't you ?

isnt it always just one, the latest point and not multiple ones?

Nope, but it depends on difficulty level IIRC. I don't know if it can be activated in options for the hardest levels.

ahh that might be it. Is this available on lowest difficulty? well if we can already choose from multiple safepoints, the wish would be to do this on any difficulty level ^^