Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

I'd have to disagree, it's kind of like saying that, due to the fact there's the Barrett M107 in the game, the M2 is unnecessary.

Now, the XM25 can fire 40mm smart nades, but has to be reloaded after each shot (correct me if I'm wrong).

The XM307, on the other hand, fires a whole bunch of them, but isn't quite as portable.

If we get one, we might just as well get the other.

NOTE: Replace the "we" in the last statement with "I" as required :rolleyes:

How you can replace heavy machine gun with heavy sniper rifle :icon_rolleyes:

The Mk47 is going to replace Mk19 sooner or later , that's why i posted it here

the XM-25 and XM-307 are 25 mm and not 40 mm - like Mk19 or Mk47

btw XM-25 is semi automatic - no need to reload each round

About the Unitslot system or weight..

Id settle for a compromise...

Slotsystem based on weight...

BUT, You shouldnt be able to put launcherammo in riflemag pouches...

Nades maybe but not a satchel..

I would like to see a realistic take on carrying gear..

Like a vest with pouches and maybe a rucksack with

additional gear, maybe like a "daypack".

And id also like to see the USE of a ammobarer to be

realistic. A machinegunner cant carry all those mags

himself...Reloading AT4´s, naa. Carrying a mainweapon

+ 2 AT4´s, sure..But not much more than that....

good interface and understandable MP(i hope the AAS will be a standard) modes, stop please with strange commands

and please a video for new animations

How you can replace heavy machine gun with heavy sniper rifle :icon_rolleyes:

btw XM-25 is semi automatic - no need to reload each round

What I meant is that you CAN'T replace them, just because they have the same caliber and whatnot :p

Also, Fixed :yay:

Well, considering the XM-312 is already confirmed, the 307 would be a shoe in, considering the only real difference between the two is the barrel and the bolt, which can be changed on the fly. That said, the XM-25 would still serve a purpose as a man-portable version of the XM-307 (Like Razor said.).

Also, we have the M203 and the Mk.19 right now. They're both 40mm. Just saying.

dancing request was closed, so

I want a Michael Jackson Moonwalking dance animation in Arma3 like a tribute

also MC Hammer dance cant touch this

or I will spam all day whit this I made

sW4acC_uCTI

are an key aspect of sucessful sniping and play an important role for the shooter and spotter regarding bullet observing.

Adding this phenomen to Arma 3 will not only increase the immersion and enhance the sniping experience but also add an unique feature which is enhancing the realism.

But the important question is: how might it look like in the game?

BIS always has to make a compromise in order to make Arma 3 playable, therefore adding vapor trails only for high calibre weapon systems such as the GM6 is the best solution.

The important aspect would be how to implement this in detail (especially for BIS):

Next to the initial tracer there is a trail of a certain lenght added to the bullet. This trail consists of the Blur effect (which is not an ideal solution)- I have limited knowledge regarding this but since the Motion Blur on the ground is only visible at a certain range, there might be some potential there.

But as I said above, motion blur is not an ideal solution.

Adding a new effect "Heat haze", by using displace mapping ( dont know if that is the right techique-maybe someone could briefly explain it)

would be a very valuable addition to the RV engine.

Why a new effect?

It has got a variety of important uses:

• Vapor Trails for realistic bullet simulation
  • Heat Haze for e.g.
    and especially

• Heat distortion and heat mirage on

So adding this effect would enhance the visual quality of the RV engine on an very high level especially due to its broad use.

Would you also like to have this new effect added to RV?

I would especially be interested in an professional opinion and maybe the team even experimented with this?

+ 1001

Mirage is important. But... would it blend? ... with Lemnos?

+ 1001

Mirage is important. But... would it blend? ... with Lemnos?

I've seen heat haze here in Germany. Surely it must happen on a greek island, no? ;)

Btw. +1010. (We're doing binary, right?)

+1011

I'm surprised you don't see that effect in the big budget movies, looks awesome. And it'd be great for fires, missiles, aircraft engines, hot roads, horizons, etc. Not over the top, obviously, but tastefully done it'd look sweet.

Edited by Daniel

+01001100 for the heat haze

:)

Nice , you used the best road in the Sahrani

Cayo road into Dolores - the best place for Heat Haze :cool:

Nice , you used the best road in the Sahrani

Cayo road into Dolores - the best place for Heat Haze :cool:

You know you've been playing too much ArmA when you can instantly recognise a road segment :D

+insertlotsofzeroesandones for the heat haze. The game will look even more amazing with this. I may actually want my vehicle to be blown up to see the haze above the flames.

may I?

Well, with render-to-texture implemented, coupled with an already working distortion shader (as evidenced by looking down into water), heathaze shimmer and mirage effects become possible. Render-to-texture sounds horrendously expensive at first for such an effect - but remember the scene is already rendered, you'd use the current frame as rendered for the player. No rendering overhead.

You apply that texture to a distant particle, and add the distortion shader (tweaked for effect).

Then you float some of these particles over road segments that are between X and Y distance away, AND are between A and B angle to you. Hey presto - working heathaze.

I wish we could get a option to bind a key(s) that would remove the in-game HUD. Very useful for photography and videography when gaming in multiplayer or singleplayer.

I bet many of us have had the perfect moment when we wanted to capture a nice screenshot but the HUD was in the way or made it hard to edit afterwards... :/

See what I mean? :(

dm-VMYN.jpg

Edited by Kenwort

I wish we could get a option to bind a key(s) that would remove the in-game HUD. Very useful for photography and videography when gaming in multiplayer or singleplayer.

Yes this would be very handy also BIS could incorporate some fading HUD elements.

It's already possible to change the HUD color in the TakOH preview, so it seems they're on the right track to a more customizable HUD. We just have to hope stuff like that makes it into Arma3. :)

About the whole particle talk above, it would also be nice to have proper smoke effects coming out of barrels like for the Barett .50 Cal, seeing the barrel heat up and seeing the large amount of smoke oozing out of the barrel after each shot.

and some violent kick feedback and camera shake when firing.

Speaking of particles/smoke effects... seeing helicopter rotor wash effect smoke spewing from a smoke grenade on the ground would be pretty awesome to see. If its a client side "mixing" of the smoke, at least its something.

I wish:

-Either pistols in the pistol holsters, or no models with empty pistol holsters.

-The ability to "lower" your pistol so you aren't pointing it at everyone all the time.

-Some sort of melee move. Not necessarily a quick kill but maybe a shove that knocks the target down or a quick rifle butt.

Some features from VBS2 to be in ArmA III including:

-Moving while in vehicles(choppers and flatbed trucks especially) and being able to shoot out of vehicle windows or off the RHIB when you're in that neat tactical formation while riding it.

Edited by MacScottie

-The ability to "lower" your pistol so you aren't pointing it at everyone all the time.

By the power of BIS developers I grant You this feature now called as "Double tapping Ctrl", tested even in A2/OA :icon_twisted: