Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

I just hope they keep the U.S. Marines to choose from. As well as their gear and vehicles of course too.

1) Don't make it set in the future. There are already plenty of great vehicles and weapons and equipment in current modern warfare.

2) Tidy up the interface. Get rid of words like "Revert" and "Suspend" and "Receiving". Use the normal, standard, gaming terminology like "Save, Load, Restart, and Save & Exit."

3) Provide a way for us to browse player made missions, campaigns, and mods, from within the game itself. Have a rating system so I can just quickly download the top rated stuff and enable it or disable it as I please. No more complicated external mods, copying and deleting files, and backing things up etc.

4) Try to fix the texture pop up problem that is particularly troublesome in Chernarus on the buildings.

5) Have more emphasis on the warfare game mode, Bennys Edition etc. I find that 10 times more fun than typical Arma 2.

6) Just make it like Arma 2, don't try to do too much... Arma 2 already does a LOT. Just improve on what you can already do instead of adding lots of new stuff. For example the choppers and planes, try to improve the weapon systems for those, so that we dont have to rely on mods. Also try to include boats a bit more and ships.

7) Try to tweak the engine a bit to make the movement smoother. Even when I have 50+ fps, I still find that turning can sometimes be jumpy. I think my character gets stuck on things or something. Manoeuvring the character, especially inside buildings, is a bit awkward.

8) Would it be possible to have mouse smoothing, without it making the turning feel slow? If I turn mouse smooth off, I can turn very fast like Call of Duty or something. But then I find it hard to shoot someone far away accurately. With mouse smoothing on, I can shoot accurately at long distances, but the turning seems to slow down.

9) Make it easier to use artillery.

That's about it. I already love Arma 2, if you can just tweak Arma 2, I will be very happy.

I remember a wish i had since a while: No automatic saves unless opted for.

With SSD's being more usual and with the limited writes it would feel better to have the option to not save when I have just tested something for a minute. Sure the SSD's wont degrade anytime soon with a bunch of saves, but it would just feel better to have more control. As it is now although you enter a mission for 5 seconds it will save when you exit. There is a bunch of saves on my drive all the time with 1-10mb files although none of them are being used by me so i have to go and clear them out once in a while.

Would very much like an option to save or not in ARMA3. :)

I remember a wish i had since a while: No automatic saves unless opted for.

With SSD's being more usual and with the limited writes it would feel better to have the option to not save when I have just tested something for a minute. Sure the SSD's wont degrade anytime soon with a bunch of saves, but it would just feel better to have more control. As it is now although you enter a mission for 5 seconds it will save when you exit. There is a bunch of saves on my drive all the time with 1-10mb files although none of them are being used by me so i have to go and clear them out once in a while.

Would very much like an option to save or not in ARMA3. :)

Have you looked into using TRIM, or is your SSD not compatible? Or are you just saying in general, which yeah, being able to choose whether to auto save would be a good idea.

Might be I'm just odd but if I had an SSD I'd probably leave my windows Users folder on a regular drive.

I don't think the Users folder, documents, game saves and all that, benefit much from ssd, in general.

I could be wrong.

More variety in the ground cover vegetation and denser vegetation would be nice for concealment.

Action for breaking windows in buildings.

I have now had Operation Arrowhead for 9 months. I have only just learnt that menu 6 is the Action Menu.

The manual states clearly that menu 6 is the Action Menu. Yet somehow I thought the Action Menu is opened with the Space bar!

My suggestion is that in the manual, more space be devoted to the menus.

-

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

When I hit Space a menu appears. I now need to roll the mouse up and down to select an item.

I find it difficult to get the mouse to fall exactly on the item I want.

I suggest each item in the Space menu, be given a number.

-

Speaking of "Users folder" - that mess could have been cleaned up considerably. If app data needs to go elsewhere for whatever reason, at least automatically create a shortcut to wherever that folder ends up. And no more User and Other Users folder. Put everything in the same, if needed, append (default) to the default user. Not everyone is a computer wiz, and trying to help those especially on a different system takes too much time (I don't have Win7, so I don't know where things go on that OS).

Documents and Settings\Arma3\ (contains the cfg file for the game, BE, and crashdumps)

Profiles\UserName (default)

Profiles\Server

Profiles\Whatever

Multiplayer\ (contains all the mission cache files, players and squads data)

Each profile contains .rpt files, .log files, and profile files of course.

Centralize everything instead of having it spread all around the drive.

Speaking of "Users folder" - that mess could have been cleaned up considerably. If app data needs to go elsewhere for whatever reason, at least automatically create a shortcut to wherever that folder ends up. And no more User and Other Users folder. Put everything in the same, if needed, append (default) to the default user. Not everyone is a computer wiz, and trying to help those especially on a different system takes too much time (I don't have Win7, so I don't know where things go on that OS).

Documents and Settings\Arma3\ (contains the cfg file for the game, BE, and crashdumps)

Profiles\UserName (default)

Profiles\Server

Profiles\Whatever

Multiplayer\ (contains all the mission cache files, players and squads data)

Each profile contains .rpt files, .log files, and profile files of course.

Centralize everything instead of having it spread all around the drive.

How about an option to just put it in the damn gamefolder, where it belongs. :confused:

How about an option to just put it in the damn gamefolder, where it belongs. :confused:

No way. What's the point of having a Documents folder if every program on your PC doesn't dump its shit there?

No way. What's the point of having a Documents folder if every program on your PC doesn't dump its shit there?

Its where i put documents(well, actually i dont do that either, i have a more easily accessible folder on my desktop for that), and random images go into the images folder there, etc. However i prefer to have everything game related into the game's folder, on the partition that i use for games. I never got used to games just dumping everything in my documents.

I want street names and house numbers. It really breaks the immersion when i cant tell my human friends where i am in a big city.

Just trolling. XD

I want to see execution style killings, mass graves, POW's who you can torture and jail. Unarmed civilians that you can mow down for practice.

Seriously though I just got this game off steam. I've seen some youtube vids and ARMA 3 looks awesome. The game just has soo many possiblities it must be overwhelming for bohemia!

Personally though this game looks like you have more fun in multiplayer - nothing beats playing againts REAL players if I was the boss i would scrap the AI and the single player game, maybe focus on a persistant online virtual global battle.

i want to see execution style killings, mass graves, pow's who you can torture and jail. Unarmed civilians that you can mow down for practice.

:386:

even if its a joke, it was completely unnecessary. ( especially as a fp)

dont take it personal but that was very strange....

The game must have icecream trucks. It'll totally be ruined if it does not have icecream trucks, with the jingles and all.

The game must have icecream trucks. It'll totally be ruined if it does not have icecream trucks, with the jingles and all.

Yeah and I don't want to see each unit with the same ice cream. Each unit should have it's own ice cream preference.

Ice cream needs realistic melting implemented... And gives a 15% chance of brainfreeze that reduces accuracy...

:rolleyes: Back to seriousness :rolleyes:

Get rid of the gear-menue on units (except backpacks), take items directly from killed enemys (e.g. grenades from vest, Magazines, etc...)

- Game shouldn't "lock" a mission pbo when you are no longer using it (back in the main menu). Too many times I have to restart my game just to replace a mission pbo for some MP testing, it's a big pain in the ass.

- Reserve slot feature for dedicated servers. Back in the days when I used to have people on my servers, it was really hard to get in and I'd prefer a reserve slot controller (see Sourcemod for source engines) to kick a player when I try to connect.

- Some sort of integrated database features. Allow us to communicate with external databases (MySQL, SQLite, etc). This could allow making persistant missions much easier and better. Also this could allow us to write our own stat scripts for missions. I know the community has a couple of database communicators written, but they usually rely on the RPT or clipboard and that isn't a permanent/stable solution.

- Make a way for us to define a new classname via scripts. There's a lot of possibilities in missions if we could make classnames on the fly. What if I want to make a domination variant where Russians and NATO are on bluefor? I need to make an addon that sends the russians over to bluefor side and distribute it. Why can't I just change it via a script? This could also help people easier test their mods without having to edit a line, restart the game, load the island, etc. I know mergeConfigFile already existed, but from what I thought I read, there were considerable restrictions and then it was ultimately removed due to hackers or whatever.

- Included warfare buildings should ACTUALLY blend in with the ground of the island. The warfare buildings included with ArmA 2 don't blend in at all with Chernarus' ground texture. You can fly 300m above the ground and they stick out like a sore thumb.

- Please make sure that all vehicles allow the player to actually see out of them from first person view. There's still an issue with the BTR-90's interior view that makes the vehicle useless for any form of play when on higher difficulty levels.

- Official GUI-based RCON tool/BattlEye integration ingame. I don't think that we should have to rely on the community to make a half decent tool to handle our administration of our servers. Also the ingame commands/admin is practically useless and you guys have told us yourselves to not use it. So this means every time there is a griefer, we have to alt-tab, boot up our 3rd party admin tools so we can actually kick/ban somebody and not have it take 5 minutes to do so. Most, if not all games with dedicated servers have some form of decent ingame admin, ArmA 3 should not be any different.

Fully animated squirrels and Pine martens and pluckable chickens.

1/

I wish the mission editor can be ran out of the game so I can create missions with my "low specs" laptop when I'm travelling.

No need to have a high end computer if it's just the editor and no "preview" function, but the ability to save the mission.sqm and all the script and files in the mission folder.

When I return home I copy the mission folder to my profile in order to preview, test and compile.

2/

Some knife or tool to break into fences

3/

Fix the ULB / UAV to work in multiplayer with Dedicated server !!!!! it's broken since 1.52 (if I remember well)

Edited by xjiks

I just wish the AI would conceal themselves better when set to ambush and also open up at longer ranges making setting up an FSG possible.

Fix the ULB / UAV to work in multiplayer with Dedicated server !!!!! it's broken since 1.52 (if I remember well)

Ummmm... this is ArmA 3 wishlist. Who says ArmA 3 will even have ULB/UAV module that's in OA? It could be a completely new one.

This belongs as a CIT ticket for OA/CO

Ummmm... this is ArmA 3 wishlist. Who says ArmA 3 will even have ULB/UAV module that's in OA? It could be a completely new one.

This belongs as a CIT ticket for OA/CO

Well, the wish is that they manage to make it work in A3 even with another "drone" model I don't care.

I'm too desperate to imagine it will work some day in A2.

Ps: there are already tickets on the CIT, but it's low priority for the developpers...