Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

Some kind of easy movie editor as this is not easy the way it is now.

Maybe even a last 30 second or 1 minute replay of how you died would be neat, kind of like the end of Tekken games where you see the dramatic ending of quick battle.

That feature is already in Arma 2.

wierd cause we shoot at them trying it and they wouldn't go out...:confused:

Cyper, what do you mean by the way of "accessible"?

I will say it first, nobody else needs to say it too:

Dumbing it down, CoD, BF, CSS, TF, CASUAL, unrealistic, etc etc bla bla bla

Perhaps making it more accessible, the menus are crap right now.

Streamline everything that is not useful, for an example most of the buttons in settings could just gtfo like "seagull up, seagull down". Make sub-menus, make a lot of things look everytime the same, so Cancel and OK are always in EVERY menu and box in the same corners and everything is logical.

Movement does not need 3 different keys for different stances, you could have at default prone, crouch. Crouch is push and prone is toggle, "little" things like that make it MUCH MUCH MUCH more satisfying to learn a new game.

That feature is already in Arma 2.

What? I've tried this too...

What? I've tried this too...

If I remember correctly, it does not work in Combined Arms version. The light color is also screwed up.

please, all i want is the computer AI to not see like terminators and spot me past a realistic distance without a scope or binoculars when i snipe or shoot from far distances.

how about making camo as a factor in not being seen.

how about making camo as a factor in not being seen.

Already is. Snipers are harder for AI to see than a normal soldier.

Already is. Snipers are harder for AI to see than a normal soldier.

This needs to be reworked, however. One config entry (camouflage) basically determines the difficulty to spot said unit on all terrains.

I would like to see this expanded into terrain sets, e.g. camouflagedesert=x; camouflagesnow=x; camouflagewoods=x; camouflageurban=x; etc etc ad infinitum.

Or even into colour-determinant entries.

This needs to be reworked, however. One config entry (camouflage) basically determines the difficulty to spot said unit on all terrains.

I would like to see this expanded into terrain sets, e.g. camouflagedesert=x; camouflagesnow=x; camouflagewoods=x; camouflageurban=x; etc etc ad infinitum.

Or even into colour-determinant entries.

I think, pragmatically, that camo + terrain isn't too important, as far as AI are concerned we just need a "camo" ability, and of course for human players we have visual colours. I don't particularly think we need the AI to have a special colour-noticing ability unless it comes pretty easy to code :)

I'd be happy with some assignable axes for vehicles, i.e. variable gas pedal and brakes.

I'd be happy with some assignable axes for vehicles, i.e. variable gas pedal and brakes.

This is in Arma1 and 2 but its so shi++y you may not have noticed. Using my steering wheel with vehicles in ArmA is the biggest joke.

What about exploding trees? I mean if trees are hit there could be falling trees, treetops, shrapnels and so on... Not effected by small arms and handgrenades but by tank and artillery shells and AT-rockets/missiles and so on...

Something like this

always compare

ressources vs player benefits and gameplay.

;)

Not sure did you reply to my post, but I didn't mean that there should be shrapnels and stuff flying all over the place like on the video I posted. I meant that trees could be shot in pieces from the middle by tanks, artillery and so on... shrapnels could be simulated like some addon-AP-mines witch use shrapnels (at least OFP:CWC had ones made by some addon-makers).

always compare

ressources vs player benefits and gameplay.

;)

Oh that's not how things work here. Everyone always wants everything simulated down to the most minute detail, and then they go and complain when the game doesn't run well. :j: Funny isn't it?

yes i was replying directly to your post.

It is sure a good idea and would look very realistic but how exactly should it affect gameplay? Why exactly would you like to have it? just for optics?

Not to mention the performance lost...

This is just a too small feature eating up too much performance. ;)

If BIS even said they wont implement an correctly simulated wind for the reasons above, they also will not implement this.

@Big Dawg

Everyone always wants everything simulated down to the most minute detail, and then they go and complain when the game doesn't run well.

isnt this exactly what i warned of?

maybe you just misunderstood me ;)

Oh that's not how things work here. Everyone always wants everything simulated down to the most minute detail, and then they go and complain when the game doesn't run well. :j: Funny isn't it?

Never have a problem on this Cray supercomputer I have? Doesn't everyone have one lol:D (Core2Duo really :( )

Big Dawg is right - We need the Mil Sim things working but there is a limit - the game has to be playable and enjoyable with ease of movement a priority.

A major irritation for me is being killed when there is that pause after jumping down a step or when you are stuck in the healing animation. In real life you would keep on running or jump out of the way.

Detail is nice but the basics have to be correct.

Seems there is a miss-communication here. ANIMATING a tree exploding wouldn't be that taxing. The VR engine has hardly anything actually physics related. The Vehicle "physics" show that off.

I always wanted to see some trees where there was still 6 feet or so of stump left rather than the whole thing toppling over and uprooting.

On that note perhaps eventually a more visually lively environement? The games sport beautiful terrain but it usually feels so static, swaying tree's exists in real life but not as much as we see ingame, usually it is the leaves moving about rather than the trunk.

Or perhaps bush sway, they sit perfectly still and a small bit of swaying would work, it's not an intensive feature nor would it be realtively new to add since the tree's and grass already do it, hell bushes already sort of do it when a helicopter is nearby.

Edited by NodUnit

Just up the wind a bit and you'll get swaying trunks. Bushes and grass already sway. In fact they even react to planes taking off.

Via the weather from clear to stormy?

No, try the following for Beaufort 9, Strong Gale, 76 km/h, 41 knots, 21 m/sec:

setWind[0,21,true]; //41 knot wind from south.

It takes some time for wind to end up where you want it. Monitor wind by:

hint format ["%1",wind];