Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

Just had a new idea, how about incorporating timing minigames into player actions that would require dexterity in real life?

For example instead of just hitting R to reload and waiting for the animation to finish, you can speed up the process if you tap R in time with your character doing certain things like hitting the mag release, pushing the new mag in and racking the bolt.

I really want to see them up the fidelity of infantry combat in 3.

It's the kind of thing people train on IRL to get faster and more reliable under stress, I thought it'd be cool to reflect that in game somehow.

.....no....

LoL!

Pistol trigger pull pressure sensitivity mini-game ftw!

What, it's not a horrible idea ...:beam:

Dear BIS,

I have one simple request for A3.

If motorcycles and bicycles are implemented in A3, I imagine they are, can you please improve the handling of the vehicle particularly in off road scenarios.

User Input

The current implementation is somewhat unresponsive when going down gradients and the tendency for hitting a rock or tree no matter how much you try to turn left or right is tedious. The direction of the cycle seems to be influenced more by the terrain than by user input. I would like to see this relationship reversed.

Freelook

Most of the MP matches I play often turn 3rd person view off and riding a cycle in 1st person view tends to make me a little nauseous. It would be nice if Freelook kept the head steady whilst riding allowing one to focus on the horizon or the direction of travel without feeling like your body is unable to cushion even the smallest bumps.

cheers

eb

Hi, another wish, this time a very important one.

- Changing formations depending of what direction you're looking at.

Rightnow... the units at your command enter in formation depending on what direction they were looking when were created, but, if you are looking East and they were created looking North... if you order 'em to 'Form Column', they'll enter in 'Line' like formation facing North. They ignore the direction that you're looking/facing at when you order 'em to change the formation, forcing you to do alot of things, like order 'em to enter in column for get a line formation and tell 'em too what direction to look at, complexing and delaying a very critical thing as the formations. I wish that were changed for good. Let's C ya

1. Bigger Airports (maybe with gateways, complete fences, check-in zones etc.) so the big airplanes can land/takeoff -> C-130.
  2. Multistorey-carparks and parking-lots in cities and near Airport(s).
  3. Editor-Based ppEffects with sliders to include userfriendly into missions (even within trigger-option to define changes easily).
  4. Spotter should use binoculars as "primary weapon" and report enemys, wind direction/speed and other valuable Informations to sniper when he's in optics (as long as theyre in same group).
    Spotter should use his gun only as last option.
  5. wire-cutters for fences,etc..

Hi, another wish, this time a very important one.

- Changing formations depending of what direction you're looking at.

Rightnow... the units at your command enter in formation depending on what direction they were looking when were created, but, if you are looking East and they were created looking North... if you order 'em to 'Form Column', they'll enter in 'Line' like formation facing North. They ignore the direction that you're looking/facing at when you order 'em to change the formation, forcing you to do alot of things, like order 'em to enter in column for get a line formation and tell 'em too what direction to look at, complexing and delaying a very critical thing as the formations. I wish that were changed for good. Let's C ya

This has been discussed before with regard to ArmA2, most recently with the clock-orientation problem where each unit reorientates the clock for each new shout out. I'd guess that these two issues are connected, a definitive and consistent "12 o'clock" vector for the group must be maintained.

My best suggestion is a 4-tier 12 o'clock vector definition, topmost with highest priority:

1. 12 o'clock defined by direction to group leader's temporary map-placed waypoint.

2. 12 o'clock defined by direction to next group mission waypoint.

3. 12 o'clock defined by current direction of travel over last 100m (or so).

4. 12 o'clock defined by orientation of group leader.

Another small detail that would add to the immersion, would be to have all jet-pilots have oxygen masks on, and perhaps flight-helmets?

Meaning, not running around with them, but as soon as you enter a jet as a pilot or gunner, you get oxygen masks on.

And please, make the interior of the C-130 walkable? :)

I think this was discussed in another topic, and already confirmed not to be a feature, but give the ground guys more of a game.

In A2 we saw flares in airborne vehicles, too many i think though, giving them free reign to cause way too much calamity and destruction, now we see ground vehicles being given second chances with Anti missile systems.

But why not a more developed or altered radar for both ground and air vehicles, or need for ground troop guideance to find targets for say an attack helicopter, instead of cyclic tab,tab,tab,tabing till a target is magicaly locked somewhere infront of you, make it more of a cat and mouse game where more hunting is involved for both sides? Instead of who hits tab on who first witht he best PC and viewdistance.

Edited by Valiant 1-4

About the controls...

I am guessing you do not have a throttle with your joystick? Arma does not actually use the throttle on my saitek x52 correctly. It's basically an expensive version of the Q and Z keys... Some of the buttons on it arma will not even detect also...

As a matter of fact, I do have an x52. The throttle works well if you map it to "thrust (analogue)" and "brake (analogue)" instead of the Q-Z keys. Then you'll have analogue inputs instead of just binary (ON/OFF) ones.

And imo, the hat switches are very useful for total no-keyboard/no-mouse flying. I have different views mapped to them and actually have a hard time finding functions for all of them.

You mean the one we've had since OFP? Or did you mean something else and crazy?

I mean something else and crazy, I mean being able to start a server and have 2 people edit a map at the same time.

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Or even just the realtime editor from VBS2 :D.

Dynamo;1965345']one thing i would like to be improved is the leaning system. as it is now it already is far batter than many other FPS tittles(some don't even have lean for "balance".. right..).

the main thing i would like to see added is the ability to swap your weapon from shoulder to shoulder when leaning left and right. if i could get some service men to chime in here and confirm this' date=' but are soldiers not trained to change shoulders when leaning around a corner? from some of the fire arms training i received, we would switch from right shoulder to left if leaning around a left corner, and swap again when leaning right. we do this to reduce the area of exposure around the corner.

could have it set up where tapping the lean key, the player automatically swaps shoulder in the direction of lean. this would eliminate the complaints of some people who would like to be left handed shooters in-game. so the lean keys would work kinda like a toggle where the weapon handling animations are flipped to what ever side the player wants. i think this would greatly improve the dynamics of weapon handling, and also help improve CQC ability.

ever try to peak in a doorway by leaning left to look into the right side of a room with your weapon on your right hand?.. doesn't work very well, and you get hung up in the doorway. i think being able to swap shoulders would greatly help making room breach and clearing much easier, as you would enter with the muzzle of your weapon first and not get hung up on the door frame.[/quote']

The way it's done in VBS2 is slightly better than Arma, it assumes the player is right handed so you get a proper lean out going right but virtually none if you lean left which is what it sould be as it's impossible to do the left lean in reality if you're right handed.

I've never done weapons training but the whole leaning and firing thing just seems very strange to me, leaning yes... firing? I tried it using a wall at home keeping all my body behind cover and only leaning my head out and then sticking my arms out as if holding a weapon, it's the most unnatural posture ever and God knows how you are supposed to aim or fire in this position in reality? I think it would be better if the animation forced you out a bit more from cover if you are actually firing a weapon rather than just looking around the corner

Edited by Nads

When trees dalls down on a player, he gets hurt or dies (depends on where it hits)

Fastroping from Helicopters and underslung loads!

page.php?id=5791#c27743

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5791

As briefly mentioned in the 1st thread Deanosbeano and Norrin made fastrope Addons for Arma 2 that still have not been updated for OA. It's a great feature that should be included.

Also underslung loads for Helicopters. We are all familair with the addons/scripts in ACE and Domination. Lets hope BIS can give us a nice version with working nets and slings etc.

i was playing tonight in cheronus (wrong spelling) it was night, and a good suggestion came up. we need to be able to shoot out lights to allow you to advance better without you night vision getting annoyingly bright. and it needs to not get so dark at night, around the darkest peak i can see MAYBE 10m (without night vision). i know at night the moon actually lights the ground up really well and you can see figures quite easy in the dark.

edit: it is probably already said, but im gunna repeat it if so, we need to integrate civilians into the multiplayer maps to make it more tactical (no more clearing AO's with bombs and mopping up with infantry). I was hearing today that the TAW server was looking to program a server to have 5 civis, to every soldier, so this may be a server controlled issue and has nothing to do with the devs. in that case sorry for wasting your time. (i know we have alot of flaming happy people on here, so im sure they will chew me out for mentioning it :P)

i would also like to see Larger complex's like powerplants, mines, office buildings that you have to clear room by room (remove hosties, defuse bombs, destroy weapons caches, or just kill the dudes inside). i personally find arma a sniping biased game, everything is open and outside. i want to do close quarters combat. (and put civi's in them so mr. A10 dont just level it and say "good enough for the girls we roll with" :P

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

[/color]

For instance, a group has a few KIA's, the radio chatter should read something like "we're taking heavy losses", or if a bmp is destroyed by any form of aircraft, you could hear "good effect on target, over." mixed in with other generic chatter. You get the idea.

not meaning to flame, but i hope they dont implement this, i dont want the game to play for me, i think we should have to learn how to report properly on the radio channels, i find it more challenging and realistic.

Edited by C.tremblay

When trees dalls down on a player, he gets hurt or dies (depends on where it hits)

wouldn't this typically be in the head? unless you're lying down and the trunk hits you in the bum... no doubt a sore bum animation should do the trick.

My Wishlist just has to do with optimization and what not...

I'd love for Arma 3 to have good optimizations (specifically talking about towns)...it seems like only arma has "bad" towns and terrible lag for a game that I personally don't believe should.

I hate to do this, but...In Call of Duty (curse thy name)... I get way better FPS when playing in town maps...and what not, is it because Arma doesn't really have "loading" screens to load different parts of the maps?...(or does it, and I'm just mentally challenged)?...if so, then it should get better FPS and less stuttering...am I correct?

This is one thing I'm always looking forward to in every game...Give good optimizations/less stuttering/better FPS/etc...That's my wishlist

is it because Arma doesn't really have "loading" screens to load different parts of the maps?...(or does it, and I'm just mentally challenged)?...if so, then it should get better FPS and less stuttering...am I correct?

Splitting the terrain up into tiny little chunks does not equal optimisation.

I would rather suffer lower FPS and have a real map than have slightly better FPS but not be able to engage targets more than 500m away...

In Call of Duty (curse thy name)... I get way better FPS when playing in town maps...and what not, is it because Arma doesn't really have "loading" screens to load different parts of the maps?...(or does it, and I'm just mentally challenged)?...if so, then it should get better FPS and less stuttering...am I correct?

Corridor shooters will always give you better FPS than open world games like Arma2, because the devs can optimize the whole map around the narrow space that the player can move around in.

It may look like you're running through a huge town in COD, but in reality most of the stuff in the background is just low poly visual candy. Since you can never get really close to certain things, the level designers can optimize the models and textures to a point where they achieve good performance with the best possible visuals.

In Arma2 this is not so simple. Since the player is not limited in his movement, everything on the map has to stand up to close scrutiny while also costing less performance when it is far away. This is much more difficult to optimize.

I've never done weapons training but the whole leaning and firing thing just seems very strange to me, leaning yes... firing? I tried it using a wall at home keeping all my body behind cover and only leaning my head out and then sticking my arms out as if holding a weapon, it's the most unnatural posture ever and God knows how you are supposed to aim or fire in this position in reality? I think it would be better if the animation forced you out a bit more from cover if you are actually firing a weapon rather than just looking around the corner

Although I can agree that leaning may be an unnatural pose, the whole idea is about using cover while firing to avoid exposing yourself. In real life there would be any number of ways to do this that are not feasible to setup controls for, while in the game it's simplified down to the ability to lean. I think of it as a game mechanic/control that represent different real world possibilities you can't setup controls for in a game. I really can't think of any other ways to do it. Taking away leaning and only be able to fire in plain sight would be a disaster.

I wonder if anything (and if so what) have been done to make Arma 3 more accessible for other people. To be honest, I am a little bit worried, but I am also very new to the community so I don't know how things work around here, but it may seems logical.

i was playing tonight in cheronus (wrong spelling) it was night, and a good suggestion came up. we need to be able to shoot out lights to allow you to advance better without you night vision getting annoyingly bright.

That feature is already in Arma 2.