Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

Fix holo sights so they actually work like they are intended.

ok....

when do people actually listen to what they are seeing... :(

Dont take it personal.

let me tell you that BIS will implement RtT in Arma III but at the time the E3 footage was taken it was currently not yet ingame but will come later

the mission editor should be easy because i m not a programming GEEK :)

Yeah, that will earn you support and respect... calling people geeks.

I want better controls for AIRCRAFTS ... easy movement for the player like crouch stand up etc.

Better controls? You do realize that aircraft are best flown with a joystick? This isn't BF:BC2, BIS isn't going to make planes with "magic autopilot" that keeps you from crashing. Get a joystick and learn to fly.

And easy movement? Did you even read the manual? Z-X-C are the only three keys you'll need to go prone/crouch/stand.

Yeah, that will earn you support and respect... calling people geeks.

Better controls? You do realize that aircraft are best flown with a joystick? This isn't BF:BC2, BIS isn't going to make planes with "magic autopilot" that keeps you from crashing. Get a joystick and learn to fly.

And easy movement? Did you even read the manual? Z-X-C are the only three keys you'll need to go prone/crouch/stand.

About the controls...

I am guessing you do not have a throttle with your joystick? Arma does not actually use the throttle on my saitek x52 correctly. It's basically an expensive version of the Q and Z keys... Some of the buttons on it arma will not even detect also...

If anyone has played Tom clancy's Rainbow Six games. Then you would know what I mean.

Those who don't: I'm talking about having a brief list of room clearing commands and animations for, flash bangs, breach charges and frags. Why not?

Yes I want that too, but there are quite a few why not's.

For starters, the AI in Arma really dont understand things like doors, windows, or even that they're inside for all practical purposes. Ever notice that although they can enter and leave buildings, they're combat abilities and attitude are no different then they are if outside? I'm not even going to pretend to know how they (BI) would go about getting them to understand this type of micro in a game of such scale.

Another thing to consider are the possibility of huge groups in Arma -both player controlled and AI. R6 games generally involve your small tactical group against individuals in smaller areas of play -much easier to control by the game methinks. Generally the enemy behave as lone wolf's as opposed to having to keep up with formation, flank as groups etc... Arma groups can be of tremendous size -how would an enemy group or 3 enemy groups of 12+ go about clearing a house in a believable manner and not get all AI clusterf*cked while going about it?

Again, I agree with you in that I would love to see some proper AI building behaviour, I just think it's a bigger coding nightmare then probably imagined.

Some immersion details would be nice.

- An easy and nice addition would be an animation for putting on NVG's.

- War isn't pretty, I want to be able to blow of another players arm with the M107. :D

- Some simple radio-chatter inside vehicles would be cool.

And even cooler would be if there actually were some generic chatter that was tied to game events.

For instance, a group has a few KIA's, the radio chatter should read something like "we're taking heavy losses", or if a bmp is destroyed by any form of aircraft, you could hear "good effect on target, over." mixed in with other generic chatter. You get the idea.

What i would like in Arma3 would be a bigger focus on Admin features, like fully RCON support for external programs like HLSW. http://www.hlsw.net/hlsw/features/

Also i would like to see better logs (like being able to log ingame chat).

Also better ways for admins to watch/log whats going on at the server (cheaters).

We all know we wont get rid of cheaters but if we have ways to detect them, it would be the best way to prevent them as it is much faster/easier to ban than it is for a violator to get a new ip / id.

- Some simple radio-chatter inside vehicles would be cool.

And even cooler would be if there actually were some generic chatter that was tied to game events.

For instance, a group has a few KIA's, the radio chatter should read something like "we're taking heavy losses", or if a bmp is destroyed by any form of aircraft, you could hear "good effect on target, over." mixed in with other generic chatter. You get the idea.

This could be a solid project for a modder. Even though there are various difficulties in terms of logic etc.

Id like to see the Magpul Masada (ACR). Would be nice to use it to its potential as well for example changing the barrels to fire different calibur rounds (can use AK47 mags).

Its a nice Modular AR but would it make the game a little easy from an ammo perspective?

Dorph;1968094']What i would like in Arma3 would be a bigger focus on Admin features' date=' like fully RCON support for external programs like HLSW. [url']http://www.hlsw.net/hlsw/features/[/url]

Also i would like to see better logs (like being able to log ingame chat).

Also better ways for admins to watch/log whats going on at the server (cheaters).

We all know we wont get rid of cheaters but if we have ways to detect them, it would be the best way to prevent them as it is much faster/easier to ban than it is for a violator to get a new ip / id.

Yes please.

As you said, you can't prevent cheating, but at least allow us to catch them easier and have more power to stop them.

Id like to see the Magpul Masada (ACR). Would be nice to use it to its potential as well for example changing the barrels to fire different calibur rounds (can use AK47 mags).

Its a nice Modular AR but would it make the game a little easy from an ammo perspective?

What do you mean too easy? We havent seen any 7.62 assault rifle so far (AFAIK). :cool:

What do you mean too easy? We havent seen any 7.62 assault rifle so far (AFAIK). :cool:

Because the Masada can use enemy 7.62 rounds or 5.56 depending on the barrel, you could therefore resupply off of any dead hostile which use those ammo types no? Especially if Opfor uses AK47's This results in nearly infinate ammo, sorry thats what i meant. :)

Edited by Shevvy

Because the Masada can use enemy 7.62 rounds or 5.56 depending on the barrel, you could therefore resupply off of any dead hostile which use those ammo types no? Especially if Opfor uses AK47's This results in nearly infinate ammo, sorry thats what i meant. :)

Circumvent by having to carry an extra barrel for the gun, taking up some inventory space. And, you would have to switch the barrel to utilize the AK-magazines!

We havent seen any 7.62 assault rifle so far (AFAIK). :cool:

The AKM is used by the Takistani locals as well as multiple factions in Chernarus. ;)

That and the act of changing the barrel and the time one would have to do that WHILE on the field is a bit unnecessary except for a few particular circumstances, despite how easy Magpul advertised the process to be. Not to mention that any optics you have would technically need to be re-zeroed for the new ammunition type. At this point you'd be better off carrying a 2nd rifle.

There's also the issue of we don't really know what the enemy uses ammunition wise, even though we've seen one of their rifles already (we can only assume, but then again Blufor has f2000's with 6.8 ammo).

And then there's the issue of the ACR not exactly known for reliability and isn't even fielded (note, I didn't say tested) by any military, even SF that I know of.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

The AKM is used by the Takistani locals as well as multiple factions in Chernarus. ;)

This is ArmA3.

Hi, some more wishes for the ArmA3.

- Make the ground share the same light values than the grass, objects or units.

- Create various kinds of allowed/unallowed custom files, i.e: .jpg, .paa, .cpp, .ogg, .mp3.

- Increase the vehicles speed off road at expense of make 'em bumpier when off road.

- Add Chaff & Flares by default to everything that should have 'em.

Let's C ya

Hi, some more wishes for the ArmA3.

- Make the ground share the same light values than the grass, objects or units.

+1

i think we all know this "illuminated grass thingie" ;)

So we already got the 3D editor confirmed. How about multiplayer editor now lol? :P

How about multiplayer editor now lol? :P

You mean the one we've had since OFP? Or did you mean something else and crazy?

I reckon he means multiple people working in the same editor session simultaneously. Which would be kind of cool. In fact that would be very cool.

I reckon he means multiple people working in the same editor session simultaneously. Which would be kind of cool. In fact that would be very cool.

Cool? Sounds chaotic and unproductive. Imagine some douche comes along and messes up my mission while I'm working on it... wtf?

Besides it sounds like a design & technical nightmare.

Cool? Sounds chaotic and unproductive. Imagine some douche comes along and messes up my mission while I'm working on it... wtf?

Wow, that's not what I imagined at all. I've spent a lot of time in multiplayer squads were any number of people work on the same mission, either doing different stages, or creating different areas with one person merging them at the end. So you might have a few people working on the same map and planning the mission over TeamSpeak at the same time. I didn't think it'd be too technically difficult, that might just be me being naive. But i've seen some pretty crazy things done with the editor by third parties, this struck me as a logical step.

Obviously it'd be like any other multiplayer session where you password the server and only give the password to people you trust.

Edited by Daniel

Unless only a selective few are allowed to be the 'editors'. Reminds me of that dynamic mission editor addon or what ever it was for ArmA2 where a user could add units on the fly. It was actually fun.