Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

Cut and pasted from the helicopter flight model thread:

What if a player required to earn his wings before being allowed by the game on the pilot seat?

Already you can block players from entering certain vehicles, there is a pilot class (although in Arma 3 it would be just a change of clothes) and there are flying tutorials, armory test flights and unlocking achievements.

Combine all that and you could have a system built in the game, where a vehicle's access anywhere is restricted to a player that has finished the relevant training mission(s) and/or drove the particular vehicle successfully in an Armory-like mission.

And that could work with all vehicles and even weapons, so tutorials are not just mere suggestions, but required training material for more advanced gameplay.

Of course, that also could be an option for game servers and doesn't have to be a "hard" denial of access of a vehicle, but can be translated as a small graphic next to a player's name or profile that represents their possession of a "driver's license to let other players know how skilled is that player and if they should trust him with their safety when being his passengers.

The "wings" could be bronze, silver, gold, etc according to the level of the training mission completed (simplified/advanced flight model, etc), their performance, the expertise on a particular vehicle and their logged hours.

So, yes, at first it looks like an arcade shooter's achievement/stat silly ego-boost, but in Arma can be used for practical, realistic purposes.

Should be the mission-maker's choice. Adding restrictions is the first step on a long, shitty path that ends with Codemaster's latest creation.

What if a player required to earn his wings before being allowed by the game on the pilot seat?

Such "earnings" must be associated with something; the profile. So you loose your profile? You delete, got a new PC, test something out with a different problem, etc. You'd have to start over. Do you really want to do that?

The only solution to that would be something like steams permanent achievements, but I doubt we want to see something like that.

Such "earnings" must be associated with something; the profile. So you loose your profile? You delete, got a new PC, test something out with a different problem, etc. You'd have to start over. Do you really want to do that?

The only solution to that would be something like steams permanent achievements, but I doubt we want to see something like that.

There is a way:

"Flight Certification Access" DLC pack: USD$9.99

Cameron:

The restriction would be optional, like you said, up to the mission maker and/or server.

rfc:

I understand the "fear" of "consolization" with such a feature present and no doubt many would see it as such.

But, Arma already has arcade-like achievements and unlocking in the Armoury playroom, not only to give a light hearted tone in an otherwise serious game (but keeping it separate from the main world) but also to give motivation to players to play with it.

My proposal is not about hardcoded restrictions, its about registering the information that can be used by mission designers IF they choose to.

It doesn't have to overly visible or marketed as a "leaderboard" or "achievement list" ala Battlefield.

And its not about empty, vain medals and titles, its about helping mission makers and group mates decide who has the skill to use limited, dangerous, costly (in Warfare) and tricky to operate equipment even if they don't know the player in person.

Also, considering that learning to use such equipment would require time and skill, that is devotion and study, it would mean they would be treated with more respect and not like the equivalent of chewing gum.

Thus, it would be up to the mission maker to establish that not everyone can run around with RPGs, get in a tank alone and abandon it a few meters further, crash a helicopter full of passengers, get in the gunners seat and not know how to aim.

I repeat, optional, up to the mission maker.

But, there has to be a system built in the game and not just be a part of a mission, so it can be used everywhere if so desired.

As far as the save place of the info, yes, it can be the profile on your harddisk with the mentioned disadvantage but that can happen to all your files in your computer, backing up is always the answer!

I have lost Arma profiles before which meant I had to start Tutorials and the Armoury from zero again.

And yes, BI, can establish a central online database but that would be up to them and only if they want to advertise the feature.

I would be satisfied with a few extra lines written on your profile that mention the name of a mission and how many time it was completed successfully and how many hours have been logged in a certain vehicle or how many targets have been destroyed with a certain weapon.

(so mission makers can make training missions of their own for new content, or can use the information as part of a larger campaign or RPG-like setting)

I don't see the complexity of this feature or any disadvantage if its optional.

Edited by arigram

I believe that Outerra should be implemented. Most Outerra fans on this forum would agree with me.

I believe that Outerra should be implemented. Most Outerra fans on this forum would agree with me.

+1 rep. :cool:

or Cryengine 3!

Then I am an OPFOR of the Outerra, I support CryEngine 3 also.

or Cryengine 3!

It's more like this:

I believe Cryengine 3 should be implemented. Most Cryengine 3 fans would agree with me.

Edited by OnlyRazor

I wonder if that poor bloke knew what he was starting when he suggested that the ADF be included, and that the majority of Australians (funnily enough) would agree.

first will be good in see in game as real weapon simulator.Start from simple weapons as ak74.When I shot first time I missed all 10 bullets from 100m range and watching videos from different conflicts you can notice that no so easy to hit target like presented in game a2oa now.Also will be nice to see different dispersion in different weapons...

I'd like to see the previous islands/maps be compatible. Chernarus/Takistan etc.

It's a bit of a shame to lose the previous environments every time a new full sequel is out.

A great benefit of OA being a standalone expansion, was that we didn't lose the content of arma2.

well we already know that during the campaign, our player will evolve and starting as a lone wolf, will later in the game controll units as a commander, but i dont know if this "evolving" will have an impact on weapon handling and overall skill.

And weapon dispersion can easily be modded into the game. There is also one for arma 2\OA ;)

Hi, one of my wishes will be:

- Female (combat) units with various female voices.

If they gonna portrait the 2025... they BIS could enter in the 21St century and allow females into the armed forces. I think that will be pimp aside of the marketing possibilities of be the 1St (serious) game that allows you to choose your (SP) campaign and (MP) player profile/character's gender, entering for real in the fuckin' 21st century; it's about time. Let's C ya

I just realised something obvious - we're lacking proper functioning Grenade launcher leaf sights. You know - that you are adjusting the rifle unparalleled to the aiming line, to line up the front sight with the leaf one.

Not mentioning holographic sights like Eotech that still act like just a glass with red cross/dot painted on them. Yeah, and NV mode for Eotech!

Actually, it would be also good, if the optical sights, like PSO-1 wouldn't be "glued hard" to the shooter's eye. Most of shaking is now applied to head instead of sight.

Same mechanism would be great for vehicle mounted weapons. Soldiers, while mounting M2, bend their knees, and bow their torso, so most of the shaking that suspension wasn't able to compensate is limited by the natural movement of the soldier, so he can still aim while in vertical motion. At least half of the shaking should be limited in circa 30cm vertical range.

Sadly, I doubt if anyone reads this :(

I just realised something obvious - we're lacking proper functioning Grenade launcher leaf sights. You know - that you are adjusting the rifle unparalleled to the aiming line, to line up the front sight with the leaf one.

Not mentioning holographic sights like Eotech that still act like just a glass with red cross/dot painted on them. Yeah, and NV mode for Eotech!

Actually, it would be also good, if the optical sights, like PSO-1 wouldn't be "glued hard" to the shooter's eye. Most of shaking is now applied to head instead of sight.

Same mechanism would be great for vehicle mounted weapons. Soldiers, while mounting M2, bend their knees, and bow their torso, so most of the shaking that suspension wasn't able to compensate is limited by the natural movement of the soldier, so he can still aim while in vertical motion. At least half of the shaking should be limited in circa 30cm vertical range.

Sadly, I doubt if anyone reads this :(

I'll quote if for you, that way it might be read :D

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

I'm still voting for a proper aircraft carrier, just sayin :p

we're lacking proper functioning Grenade launcher leaf sights [...] Not mentioning holographic sights

If such a thing is present in Arma 3 then it would be cool to have a working version of the type of GL sight seen on the SCAR. That little window at the side of the weapon with the red holo dot on it. As I understand it, you should be able to 'zero' it so that the dot changes position in the sight.

It's great to see water is finally utilised as an element (diving as a new feature and i hope swimming is developed further... side stroke maybe?

)

And because I have great :pc: for PJ's and what they do I put video to inspire developers to take more advantage of water and helos.

Now... :436:

If anyone has played Tom clancy's Rainbow Six games. Then you would know what I mean.

Those who don't: I'm talking about having a brief list of room clearing commands and animations for, flash bangs, breach charges and frags. Why not?

Why not?

Cause in Rainbow Six you can't just level the building like you can in ArmA... :rolleyes:

If anyone has played Tom clancy's Rainbow Six games. Then you would know what I mean.

Those who don't: I'm talking about having a brief list of room clearing commands and animations for, flash bangs, breach charges and frags. Why not?

that would sound good. I think op flashpoint sunken dragon has an option like this where u can tell ur units to clear a building (although I dislike the new flashpoint) but that option would really enhance the game. I would also like some flashbangs and incendiary grenades. Maybe a claymore too but I'm mostly in for the flashbangs for CQC

• Editor
    Give us UNDO / REDO, please, it's 2011!

I want better controls for AIRCRAFTS ... easy movement for the player like crouch stand up etc.

Speically ... the mission editor should be easy because i m not a programming GEEK :)

Artillary n UAV`s should be available easily i mean i really pissed off when i have to search net for CODING :S .... they also should consider a fighting in SEA between ships ! ARMA i think mainly consider land based fire fight ! Submarine should be there and IF they able to make UNDERWATER BALLASTIC MISSLEz :D it sounds good :D

THATS MY WISHLIST

Artillary n UAV`s should be available easily i mean i really pissed off when i have to search net for CODING :S .

Mate what coding? You link the UAV module or artillery module to the unit controlling it and to the uav/artillery.... Thats 4 clicks?

I want better controls for AIRCRAFTS ... easy movement for the player like crouch stand up etc.

Speically ... the mission editor should be easy because i m not a programming GEEK :)

Artillary n UAV`s should be available easily i mean i really pissed off when i have to search net for CODING :S .... they also should consider a fighting in SEA between ships ! ARMA i think mainly consider land based fire fight ! Submarine should be there and IF they able to make UNDERWATER BALLASTIC MISSLEz :D it sounds good :D

THATS MY WISHLIST

Welcome to Arma, now git out.