Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

The only feature that I want thats not in Arma 3 or planned to be in, is Dismemberment / Gore

when i shoot someone with a .50 caliber rifle they need to be ripped apart.

At least hope that it would be possible for gore to be added with a mod.

Contrary to popular movie belief, .50 doesn't always result in body parts.

Personally:

Better animations. I know it's difficult, but I always felt that one of the reasons that games like COD are so popular is that the animations make it feel like you're right there looking through the guys eyes. Now, ARMA's gameplay certainly makes it feel like real warfare, but most of the animations make it painfully aware that you are indeed playing a simulation. Some examples:

When you are healing someone, and they are just kind of laying there, spasmodic, and you just place your hands on their chest, then wave them around, and 15-20 seconds later they are back up. I would like for their to at least be some sort of medical equipment taken out and wrapped around the wound.

Reloading. Some of the weapons look fine, like assault rifles, but weapon like the LMGs, and even RPGs not only have rather unrealistic reloads, but the speed at which you reload is also very fast. You can reload an RPG in the same amount of time that you can reload an M4. I also think the actual animations should be improved as well. If you are using a box-fed machine gun, spread the belt of bullets across the feeding chamber (not sure what to call this...) instead of just placing the box on the bottom and magically reloading.

Death animations are also a little painful. However, with ragdolls, these should be fixed.

Other than that, not really a problem for me. I do hope that they have an animation for changing weapon parts on the fly, but if not, it's not going to kill me.

Please Please Please setup a proper 3d vision profile so Arma can be played in full depth, 3d glory.

It only requires setting up the 3d convergence settings.

Arma rocks in 3 monitor surround with 3d enabled but the vehicle interiors and gun model don't look correct, it could be easily fixed for arma 3 or any arma game to date.

8 core Zambezi support period. Please make sure the AMD Fusion* platform is supported properly even with Physix enabled and utilizing the nvidia emulated driver.

Please go to great lengths to make sure this happens. You will make alot of us happy and proud customers, enough so to buy the expansions after the initial release.

The ability to switch shoulders at will in combat to make better use of cover would be nice.

Contrary to popular movie belief, .50 doesn't always result in body parts.

Not always ripped off but it makes our meat look like torn rags. :yay:

Big request from me: Don't put a file system lock on files. I often work in parallel, where I update my mission, export to MP and store in mission cache, then update the remote servers mission with the same changes. This is sometimes much faster when edits are tiny, compared to re-uploading a big mission over ADSL (some of us have all the bad luck).

However due to locks, I'm forced to shut down the game for each test, or re-download the mission from the server - when I already have everything I need.

Big request from me: Don't put a file system lock on files. I often work in parallel, where I update my mission, export to MP and store in mission cache, then update the remote servers mission with the same changes. This is sometimes much faster when edits are tiny, compared to re-uploading a big mission over ADSL (some of us have all the bad luck).

However due to locks, I'm forced to shut down the game for each test, or re-download the mission from the server - when I already have everything I need.

ArmA 2 locks mission files? :confused:

Brakes for aircraft...... I want to sit on the runway.... Roll up to full power... And feel the G's of accelaration!!! Or on all vehicles that would have proper brakes....

ArmA 2 locks mission files? :confused:

Yeah. Export an SP or MP mission, play it, go back to editor, tab out and try to delete them.

The worst part is when you try to export them, and you get no warning that mission wasn't exported. So unless you check timestamp on the exported MP mission, you may find yourself reuploading the old version to the server. Q: Why doesn't this work?. A: Because it's not in the mission :/

My 5 cents: Disable rain inside buildings and make rain sound muted. Especially since they all are now enterable.

Improve performance!

Don't make it so in 3 years you can enjoy the game with no lag, stuttering, crashes. Make a very nice game!

Better rain effects... I gotta say its still not very good even in oa....

Hi, i wish to have this firing stances plus the weapon possition in relation to the eye/face and also that recoil visual effect in 3D person view when seeing other players or the AI shooting an AR in standing possition.

- The Thing.

Let's C ya

I have small idea, perhaps its rubbish... dunno, mainly:

If devlopment team would add some caracters or forces from other countries, like you did in OA adding KSK troops and Czech specops. If they would add lets say for example some italians, again germans, frenchmen, perhaps norwegians, brits and so on (I could keep on mentioning entire europe, or even world :P). But mainly the idea behind adding these different forces, ArmA3 could possibly drag the interest in the game in these countries, increasing the community and the sales.

Lets say you are from France, you see that there is ability to play with the forces from your country in the game, wouldnt you think of buying it?

As I felt it, after the release of the BAF expansion pack, there was an increased number of players from UK that decided to buy the game.

And thats only my opinion or suggestion, dont bother tearing it to the ground :D

Edited by Another123

DLC's and Expansions wont stop with ARMA III, and the BLUFOR was said to be the NATO, so you can very likely expect other factions and countries to be present in ARMA III, next to the US.

And why should a concept used in Arma 2 be rubbish for ARMA III ? ;)

I also think the explosions could be improved. In Arma 2 vanilla most explosions just looked like a bunch of random puffs of smoke and dust. Explosions from diffrent munitions look vastly diffrent. Artillery and Jdams create a powerful shockwave that sets dust from the ground flying a couple of feet above the ground, while the impact itself changes form and colour based on the soil it is dropped on.

I'd like to see better animations. I expect climbing ladders will be improved in version 3 of this game. I'd like to view my gun when reloading. The rag doll effects & the physics in the E3 previews look awesome. I know that this game has an emphasis on realism, I appreciate that, but I want things to work when I play the game. I would like more editing options like crouch for the unit in the editor & the ability to select animations for specific units. I copy & paste scripts from FOB templates I've downloaded to make other missions I create more dynamic. Voice acting should be used. I'm sorry. I started with ArmA 1 not OFP. I know alot of you guys want to conserve many traditions & thats cool. But, I'm tired of the robot voices. OA was a big improvement in the voice radio. I know it will only get better. I'd like to add, I'm a graphics pro by trade. I have an understanding for what you guys do & how time consuming it is. Just modeling characters is stressful on deadlines. You guys do an awesome job. Can't wait for ArmA 3. Out.

As I'm installing ARMA 2 free while listening to music on my computer I'm reminded, get rid of the music on the install menu.

As I'm installing ARMA 2 free while listening to music on my computer I'm reminded, get rid of the music on the install menu.

Pfft no way. That was the best part of owning OFP; epic installation music.

Bridges that are larger & AI will walk on. I'd like to be able to add a sub machine gun to my kit if I don't use a launcher on single player. I'd like it to be easier to set units up inside buildings in rooms & doorways.

Pfft no way. That was the best part of owning OFP; epic installation music.

I can't stand installers with forced music. Let there be a sound toggle on it, please!

I can't stand installers with forced music. Let there be a sound toggle on it, please!

Just turn it off with the windows volume panel, you can turn off the sound of individual processes. The OFP install sound is cool the first time, but after about 30 reinstalls it gets rather boring. :p