Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

Good afternoon everyone, I am still relatively new to the Arma series, and I'm floored with everything you and the the community have accomplished to date. Excellent job everyone! I would like to see some minor things added and or changed if possible in your next release.

1. Better damaged modelsfor all vehicles - Meaning if an IED hits the passenger side of a Humvee and it gets destroyed, then the driver's side should show some areas unburned... Basically to indicate to others which side the vehicle was attacked from before it was destroyed. I would like to see that rather then the current damage models where you cant tell where it was attacked from.

2. Better AI driving ability - Since Queens gambit (my starting point) the AI always had this uncanny ability to drive off the clearest of straight roads, signs and get turned around for what seems like eternity... Once that happens any other convoy vehicles behind are just a lost cause from that point.

3. Better AI fly/landing ability - This and the first go hand in hand. the AI's chopper landing abilities are funny and terrible at best. I would love to have a chopper land on a street without crashing into buildings and walls.

4. Pdf file on how to's - With the release, it would be extremely beneficial for newcomers to have an asset in which it explains how to create missions the editor, including the features, creating breifings and so on.

5. Arma 2 and OA compatible - Self explainitory.

Other then that, I'm a happy camper. :D

TF 3-08 baby!

Seasons, advanced weather options (cloud types, heat and humidity, ect), storms/natural disasters, weather interactions with the ocean could all be interesting.

Also, I am not sure if the date takes into acount the phase of the moon, but the variance in moonlight at night would be a welcome thing to take into account. Fight during an eclipse!

Oh and sharks. Crysis style.

Procedural bullet impacts - final velocity of the bullet determines how big the dust is. So you can better judge the caliber of a bullet, and how dangerous it is.

Seasons, advanced weather options (cloud types, heat and humidity, ect), storms/natural disasters, weather interactions with the ocean could all be interesting.

Natural disasters? Particle system can barely handle gale force winds, let alone full storms. As for cloud types, I want to see what Take On Helicopters offers first wrt weather and weather effects and how (if any) it affects the flight model.

Also, I am not sure if the date takes into acount the phase of the moon, but the variance in moonlight at night would be a welcome thing to take into account. Fight during an eclipse!

Well there is moon phases according to date (and year, so each year varies), but the dates are not equal to our dates, so you can't plan moon phases based on real world dates. Eclipses? Yes but not, I would prioritize different things.

Why not Arma style? :D We already have fishes and wildlife not yet complete, so not impossible. If not, expect it in a mod I think.

Pffft, sharks are just fish. These would far better portray the deadly futuristic underwater dangers

QXsKHjX3Y6g

A small request.

If I delete a mission from my mission directory it is deleted from the game.

A small request.

If I delete a mission from my mission directory it is deleted from the game.

Wow dude!! Totally wrong thread and forum, thats like typing "shit" and instead typing "bollox", you are that far off...

Anyway to answer your question, yes it is.

/on topic.

Realistic reload times

Right now there is little difference in reloading a M249 and an M4A1 etc...

Also the AI magically pulls a box out of his butthole and reloads it.

Warning: don't click the links on that page if you care about your free time.

That's like putting the spoiler warning *after* the plot description.

I hate you.

hehe.

i have used a small scissor to press down the W key, placed it between Q and E key,

prefect autowalk :p

Yeah, but I would rather not brutalize my keyboard, I have been using a small box of lead though :). But it must be so simple to implement, and there are so many other toggles in the game, I think this feature should be available. I cant understand why it has not been implemented.

I deff. hope to see it in Arma3.

QXsKHjX3Y6g

Then we might just as well get Dethklok.

hqJKZVnNLT0

:yay:

Hi, i'll like to see:

- Smokeless ATG missiles (no smoke traces, just heat blur).

- Heat Blur from the vehicles exhausts.

- Heat Blur from the ground.

- Heat Blur from the weapons after X rounds in X time.

- Wing tips vapour clouds on all planes and choppers.

I'll like to see that. Let's C ya

I would like to see a lot:

1)Independent forces - Israel Defense Forces.

2)Improved characters model physics.

3)Fully supported single player missions in co-op multiplayer.

4)Better optimization on Duo,Quad core processors.

5)Interesting game line story.

Before I forget. Hitching aircraft to a tug so we dont get stuck in hangars/fuel stations.

P.s Dethklok rules!\m/

Hi, i'll also like to see:

- Empty shells from choppers and planes cannons.

- Empty shells from MBT/APC MGs and main guns on 3Rd person.

Let's C ya

Hi, i'll also like to see:

- Empty shells from choppers and planes cannons.

- Empty shells from MBT/APC MGs and main guns on 3Rd person.

Let's C ya

Those things I've seen in ArmA1 and 2. As 3rd party addons. They were kind of cool at first, but quickly dragged the FPS down and were pragmatically unnoticeable. I had this fantasy where I would have both great blood splatter effects, and persistent shells and I could work out where a shot came from via blood splatter, then find the spot via shell casings. Map clutter severely lowered that possibility to almost zero, but I still got the massive FPS hit :D

Maybe on specific surfaces, like urban, but I doubt it would be something BIS would be interested in doing.

BTW, I just realised I'm talking about something slightly different to what you suggested ;)

The only feature that I want thats not in Arma 3 or planned to be in, is Dismemberment / Gore

when i shoot someone with a .50 caliber rifle they need to be ripped apart.

At least hope that it would be possible for gore to be added with a mod.

The only feature that I want thats not in Arma 3 or planned to be in, is Dismemberment / Gore

when i shoot someone with a .50 caliber rifle they need to be ripped apart.

At least hope that it would be possible for gore to be added with a mod.

It's been officially mentioned that BIS will not develop dismemberment.

IMO, there is a rather large barrier to well-done dismemberment, the development of new models. If a unit loses a left leg, it has to be swapped out for two models, the left leg model, and the unit-minus-the-left-leg model. Same for arms, and combinations with all the limbs. If we suggest lower & whole legs & arms, plus head, plus a mid-torso join, by my finger-in-the-air method we'd need perhaps 40-50 or so models for each and every unit type, when you factor in all the various combinations of dismemberment.

I know you don't have to go the whole way with dismemberment, and simplify the results but you'd still need multiple models for each unit type that has a unique mesh. This is aside from the general usefulness of dismemberment and the content stance that BIS are generally concerned with.

I've seen how the SLX mod can be effective though. But that's a straight swap of any unit to the same burned torso & limb replacment. That seems to work pretty well.

It's been officially mentioned that BIS will not develop dismemberment.

IMO, there is a rather large barrier to well-done dismemberment, the development of new models. If a unit loses a left leg, it has to be swapped out for two models, the left leg model, and the unit-minus-the-left-leg model. Same for arms, and combinations with all the limbs. If we suggest lower & whole legs & arms, plus head, plus a mid-torso join, by my finger-in-the-air method we'd need perhaps 40-50 or so models for each and every unit type, when you factor in all the various combinations of dismemberment.

I know you don't have to go the whole way with dismemberment, and simplify the results but you'd still need multiple models for each unit type that has a unique mesh. This is aside from the general usefulness of dismemberment and the content stance that BIS are generally concerned with.

I've seen how the SLX mod can be effective though. But that's a straight swap of any unit to the same burned torso & limb replacment. That seems to work pretty well.

They could always do like MOH 2010... make the limb disappear completely lol.

my idea for a usefull and manageable gore, is to have correct bullet impacts in the model via textures and bumpmaps and not just one blood texture for whole bodyparts.

this way you can move to the corpse of the guy you killed and have a look where exactly you hit him, just like in the game deer hunter.

imagine a corpse penetrated by a mag of m249 :D this should be enough gore for my taste :)

Not sure if I've mentioned this before, please work on the server software. This game relies on MP to have fun and it's not fun to be fighting issues such as server crashing and server fps drops because it isn't multithreaded.

This should be a priority IMO!