Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

That ArmA 3 'Mi-48 Caiman' or just simply 'Hamok' helicopter should be replaced with this futuristic Hind helicopter.

Why? Because it's just freaking awesome!

Although I have to admit that this is the coolest looking helicopter of all time... it can´t possibly be that effective when a girl can throw a spear at it and kill the crew inside :laugh:

This might be controversial, but anyway here goes: I think authentication with a master server should be a possibility for multiplayer. In order for this to work, players would need to register their game key with their Sprocket account, either by buying the game through Sprocket in the first place, or by registering it later. This basically means your identity in the MP environment is bound to your key.

Now, I believe using the master server should be optional, and here's how that would work: dedicated server admins can decide whether their server requires players to be authenticated or not, ideally through a simple config setting. If they decide to disable the authentication system, it will basically be the same as what we have now in Arma2.

However, if master server authentication is enabled, any client joining the dedi server would be asked for credentials in the form of a valid master server session id, meaning that the player will have to have logged in to the master server before attempting to join. These credentials are then checked against the master server itself, similar to games like BF and Crysis. Only if the client is logged into the master server and has an active session (other things like the IP can also be checked for additional security), can he join the server and play.

I believe such a system would offer a good layer of security for anyone willing to operate a secure public server, since hackers couldn't simply change their ID and come back if they got banned. On the other hand, squads that want to operate a private server without having to rely on master server authentication could do so too, simply by deactivating the feature.

Suggestion to enhance the Action menu.

Currently, to select an item in the action menu, we scroll the mouse wheel forward or backward.

I find this somewhat difficult. In combat, it sometimes takes way too long.

My suggestion, is that every item in the Action menu have a number. Then we can select the item by pressing that number.

-

I actually wish only one thing. Less bugs. Last days I read some older reviews from magazines and users about Arma 2 and there were often negative opinions because of the unlimited amount of bugs in the release version. Seriously BIS, just let some guys play the game before releasing it till they found at least 1000 bugs. :D The less "buggier" Arma would give you better ratings and the game would become more popular. (So more money for you! ;)) You can also create a closed/open beta or a demo version where you can let normal people test the game.

You cant ask players to pay 50€ for an extremely bugged game.

Edited by birtuma

i would like to see better multiplayer for more players ...

That ArmA 3 'Mi-48 Caiman' or just simply 'Hamok' helicopter should be replaced with this futuristic Hind helicopter.

Why? Because it's just freaking awesome!

I saw it from the Temnyy mir movie. You can spot it from 1:33 in this

. Do you think that the BIS could get the model of this Hind if they asked the authors of movie?

Wow - very nice futuristic hind , only lacks the cannon in front - something like Super Hind have heh :cool:

It shouldn't be a problem to add it imho. :)

plzzzz take all bestest things from all games and simulators make and more animations for a realistic as in real life(minimum)

Maybe its a bit far away, but I really would like to see a snow inviroment in an Arma 3 DLC, and/or expansion. Just because I think thats something BI hasn't properly done yet.

Furthermore, what about animations for assembaling big weapon systems like a Javelin or a grenade launcher?

The WW3-type story is ripe for DLCs in varied settings. A winter locale should be one of the first on the list.

It would be great if the various faction could be assigned to all sides, for example the Opfor units also as Blufor Independent or Guerrilas. In that case you could simulate some kind of a civil war in custom missions. It's a real pitty that this possibility is not implemented in ArmA II

kind regards

I hope we will get a better Anti-Cheating system. Battleye fails in so many ways!

I hope we will get a better Anti-Cheating system. Battleye fails in so many ways!

i hope not. BE works fine with me!

also.. would you explain where it fail? or is it just you who fail to understand how it works?

Yeah I toggle walk all the time. Dunno what Nielsen is yammering about.

I'm talking about auto-walk. A toggle that lets you walk without holding down the W key. I just think it would make it more fun to patrol. I like the idea of being able to take my hand of the keyboard for a second without breaking formation.

As much as I like the snow idea, I think it's too grand in scope for a DLC - maybe Arma4. A mod team can do retexturing work. I would be dissappointed if BIS produced a DLC which was simply new textures.

If ArmA3 is not receiving any work in the mod handling area, then I would suggest that ArmA3 comes with a launcher similar to the various ArmA2 ones you can get. I'm sure any of those guys would be more than happy to create one :)

Changing of seasons would be really nice to have implemented... surely you would just need to have a layer over the island that changes colour and covers low grass..... It would be amazing if this was implemented...

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

I'm talking about auto-walk. A toggle that lets you walk without holding down the W key. I just think it would make it more fun to patrol. I like the idea of being able to take my hand of the keyboard for a second without breaking formation.

Didnt OFP:CWC have this in map mode as far as I remember?

Also Arma1 and Arma2 has this feature with autowalk.

Its not on default, but easy to activate.

you need - a small volumetric object, about that big that it fits on your W Key.

(I use the small saftey thingy of my USB Stick, or a scrunched up piece of paper.

Place this object carefully on your W button, and put a bigger, more heavier object on it. For example a mobile phone, or your purse.

Tadaaa, ready is the "autowalk" feature :yay:

It is possible to deactivate, simply by removing this 2 objects from your keyboard ;)

Also Arma1 and Arma2 has this feature with autowalk.

Its not on default, but easy to activate.

you need - a small volumetric object, about that big that it fits on your W Key.

(I use the small saftey thingy of my USB Stick, or a scrunched up piece of paper.

Place this object carefully on your W button, and put a bigger, more heavier object on it. For example a mobile phone, or your purse.

Tadaaa, ready is the "autowalk" feature :yay:

It is possible to deactivate, simply by removing this 2 objects from your keyboard ;)

hehe.

i have used a small scissor to press down the W key, placed it between Q and E key,

prefect autowalk :p

wishfull thinking...

http://vimeo.com/3783704

Oh my god that is AWESOME. I really like the idea where you first climb onto the top of the tank, then go to the hatch, would stop people being able to magic themselves into a tank instantly, the problem I suppose would be getting the AI to do the same :p .

Please BI add the following:

Real bomber aircrafts which can bomb from miles up with radar

Option to change clothes whenever

Fix MP Netcode

Be able to lower pistol

Decent animations when entering/leaving vehicle

Less weirdish animation when running unarmed/pistol

Thank you

JDAMs. They could probably use an Artillery Computer-ish interface. Unless somebody here just happens to be a bomber pilot and knows a better alternative :p