Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

Radial Menus. Some people say it's too much like OFP:DR and that because OFP:DR had a terrible menu, then all radial menus are now bad. You could do a radial menu the same as with the standard menus, bunch of options, one button for "more" if all available actions don't fit on the particular menu. It could work. But, oh well. I do think a radial menu would be good at least for attachments and weapon selection, like these radial menus from AA3 (America's Army 3; Armed Assault 3 is ArmA 3...):

http://manual.americasarmy.com/images/7/77/4blademenu.jpg

http://manual.americasarmy.com/images/2/2e/8blade.jpg

http://manual.americasarmy.com/images/5/57/Commoradial.jpg

http://manual.americasarmy.com/images/4/4b/Weaponradial.jpg

http://manual.americasarmy.com/images/0/06/Grenradial.jpg

And, if they were like the AA3 menus, the middle yellow button could be a button for more options, like more commands or actions. It could work and still be just as complex as the current system.

+1 for me on the radial menu! Could be great!

+1 for me on the radial menu! Could be great!

I think radial menus could be done well and would work well, also. Rather than the current system of using the number keys, a radial system could work as follows:

Pressing a "radial menu key" would bring up the radial menu, and would put a mouse cursor on-screen. You then mouse to and left click the option you want. There could be two options per button, one for a left click, one for a right click. And they would be color-coded for ease of use. That provides more than enough buttons and options to completely replace and even add on to the current squad menu and action menu system, and would be much quicker to use. Also, you would not need to take your hands off of your movement keys or the mouse to use the menus.

I hate to throw another game in, but I always found Battlefield 2's radial menus to be quite good. Borrowing a page from their book, there could even be two different "radial menu keys", which would bring up different, unique menus. Perhaps one key to bring up your own action menu, and another for all squad-related commands. The options are endless.

Done well, a radial menu system would GREATLY ease the transition of new players to the game, and would greatly enhance the speed and fluidity of menu usage for everyone.

I would like to see (for a change)

a) A release candidate that is actually playable to a decent standard. (Every version released to date has been very poor in this area)

b) World release on the same day

c) Dedicated servers available with the release candidate (Linux and Win)

I don't think that's what we'll get but who knows

Yes, these three are important, especially A and C

Hi, what i'll like to see in the ArmA3 will be:

- Addition of female combat units.

- Enable to shoot from the passenger seats.

- No LOD/textures trashing.

- Latency Improvement.

- NH90.

- AH-2A Rooivalk.

- BMP-T.

- Boxer APC.

- CV9040.

- EFV.

- KA-226T.

- KC-390.

- LCAC.

- M88A2 Hercules.

- SEP 8x8.

- Yagatan Oplot.

- Yak-130D.

Let's C ya

A wired wish but,

I really want to be able to throw a grenade into the water and see the fishes float to the top after it goes off.

That and Also Interiors for Heavy Armored Vehicles.

May as well chime in...

A better sound engine.

Currently the direction of a sound is not clear when within 50m of the source.

Environmental effects based on location. ie. inside hangar, building etc.

Chili dogs and beer...

One time at Ft. Hood, after days of MREs we got a hot meal and it was chili dogs. Best goddamn chili dogs I have ever had to this day. There was no beer, but I'm throwing that in anyway. So yeah, I hope.

Seriously though, I hope it is easier to mod ARMA3. I would like a mod tool that has an interface to set variables for a new weapon for instance. As a modder for other games, the need for scripting knowledge has always been a huge barrier for modding ARMA.

Damageable radar system:

1) Shows up as a separate item in the vehicle damage hud/gui.

2) Shouldn't interfere as means of communicating with AI, but will limit player ability (players can still use normal chatter).

3) Radar range sensitivity lowers with increasing damage, probably exponatially. I know it's not realistic, but it allows better handling of splash damage not ruining everything when it shouldn't.

4) Easy scripteable way of disabling radar without using mods.

5) Using handledamage eventhandler, can be used to simulate snipers taking out sensory equipment.

Radial Menus. Some people say it's too much like OFP:DR and that because OFP:DR had a terrible menu, then all radial menus are now bad. You could do a radial menu the same as with the standard menus, bunch of options, one button for "more" if all available actions don't fit on the particular menu. It could work. But, oh well. I do think a radial menu would be good at least for attachments and weapon selection, like these radial menus from AA3 (America's Army 3; Armed Assault 3 is ArmA 3...):

http://manual.americasarmy.com/images/7/77/4blademenu.jpg

http://manual.americasarmy.com/images/2/2e/8blade.jpg

http://manual.americasarmy.com/images/5/57/Commoradial.jpg

http://manual.americasarmy.com/images/4/4b/Weaponradial.jpg

http://manual.americasarmy.com/images/0/06/Grenradial.jpg

And, if they were like the AA3 menus, the middle yellow button could be a button for more options, like more commands or actions. It could work and still be just as complex as the current system.

Hmm yeah, a radial system would be very nice :)

Or, at least the option for the UI to be modded so.

A popup radial menu, done well, is essential IMHO

I'm used to mashing the 1 - 0 keys, I've been doing it for 10 years now, but there are better ways :)

Chili dogs and beer...

One time at Ft. Hood, after days of MREs we got a hot meal and it was chili dogs. Best goddamn chili dogs I have ever had to this day. There was no beer, but I'm throwing that in anyway. So yeah, I hope.

Seriously though, I hope it is easier to mod ARMA3. I would like a mod tool that has an interface to set variables for a new weapon for instance. As a modder for other games, the need for scripting knowledge has always been a huge barrier for modding ARMA.

I would agree. Having made mods for SanAndreas, porting one of my guns into Fallout was a piece of piss with the tools provided.

It would be nice for it to be as simple in A3, and I do have scripting knowledge BTW, I just don't get the point of doing it for no real reason other than to get a basic weapon working in a game.

Maybe some sort of config builder tool would be nice.

A popup radial menu, done well, is essential IMHO

I'm used to mashing the 1 - 0 keys, I've been doing it for 10 years now, but there are better ways :)

Like that shit game we cannot mention unless in the off-topic forum?

NO THANK YOU!!! Even if its done well.

That shit game also has weapons. Lets play it safe and remove the weapons too :)

A good idea is a good idea, no matter where it came from.

That shit game also has weapons. Lets play it safe and remove the weapons too :)

A good idea is a good idea, no matter where it came from.

Sarcasm, I like it! :D

But only in your opinion (and others I guess) its a good idea.

My opinion, it isn't.

Sarcasm, I like it! :D

But only in your opinion (and others I guess) its a good idea.

My opinion, it isn't.

Lowest form of wit I'm afraid ;)

I'm for the radial system, but only as an option alongside the numerical system. That way, everyone is happy :)

The key words are done well.

Dragon risings radial menu was a console-port pile of fail.

BF2's radial menu was intuative and easy to use.

I'd like to see an Island making tool for dummies. Rather like the one in Far Cry 2, but capable of making Massive Arma sized islands.

Brian :)

Yeah! Visitor needs a lot of tools to work in real time with buldozer

That shit game didn't invent radial menus. If you're that ignorant then maybe you need to spend some more time with shooters. Not to mention that they just don't know how to do menus right. There are a number of things both games share in common. If you want to go and just remove all the similarities, then ArmA 3 would end up being a shit game. And why do you even care what that other game has if there's a chance it can help make ArmA 3 better? Why even compare the two at all? OFP-DR and OFPRR (YES, I named them) aren't meant to be military simulators. CM CLEARLY said that. So why don't you stop bringing it up? Why not have two optional methods if it will mean new players will be able to easily pick up on ArmA? Or are you still pissed over the fact that OFP2 wasn't like OFP? And, what if it had been? We might not even have an ArmA 3.

Edited by antoineflemming

That ArmA 3 'Mi-48 Caiman' or just simply 'Hamok' helicopter should be replaced with this futuristic Hind helicopter.

temnyjmir11058983.jpg

temnyjmir03736957.jpg

temnyjmir04623584.jpg

temnyjmir03535896.jpg

Why? Because it's just freaking awesome!

I saw it from the Temnyy mir movie. You can spot it from 1:33 in this

. Do you think that the BIS could get the model of this Hind if they asked the authors of movie? Edited by SmukY

A well done radial menu (a la BF2) would be a godsend and would make me unreasonably happy :D

Also I would really like it if BIS transferred as many improvements to the engine brought by TOH to ArmA3 as possible, I suppose as long as they weren't major features that would actually negatively affect sales of TOH if used in ArmA. This might have been confirmed by someone but i'm not really sure.

SmukY: thats the coolest chopper I've ever seen :ooo ... Mi-48 doesn't impress me at all :)

Streamlined and smoothed controls, action menus, ect.

I have not seen anyone say anything on this, but I thought it would be really important to compensate for stealth technology. An F-22 or commanche should take much longer to lock on to than a normal plane, if even lock-on-to-able at all for some weapons. If the latter is too much, perhaps you just need to get closer range than usual. This could get extensive enough to apply different lock times to all vehicles, not just stealth ones, by taking into acount their radar cross section. My friend goes crazy over the fact that you can lock onto an A-10 as easily as you can lock on to F-35.

Vehicle damage needs to be revamped. I've had moments where a tank was completely destroyed yet the hull was completely in tact after taking the most rediculous kinds of punishment. Also, while fancy looking, the ERA and RPG cages don't actually function. Also, the windows can be completely useless to protect the driver/gunners in helicopters, Humvee's and anything really. Additionally, the treads break upon the slightest provocation from hits to completely different parts of the tank.

Ai needs to be less accurate sometimes, especially at long range. And ESPECIALLY against helicopters and jets. Tank MG's are more effective against helicopter pilots than lock on missiles. Instruments almost always go blinking right out of the gates from MG fire, even when flying away I am always getting hit in the tail.

Player armor. An AK round or two can be stoped by Interceptor (current US troop armor). This isnt very accurately represented in game. Helmets also do stuff, such as stop fragmentation bits. Speaking of which, adding fragmentation sysemts would be nice in addition to usual blast damage. Also, the player reaction to explosions. Sometimes, explosions don't leave behind bodys, or limbs come off. Saving Private Ryan ftw.

Keep PMC's. Give them dragonskin armor and all sorts of crazy high tech weapons. Also, European factions with needed units to each.

Ability to change loadouts of vehicle weapons in editor. It would be awesome to modify the payload of A-10's to make it fit for any role. Also, add a far greater variety of missiles, bombs, rounds, ect. to play around with. This would instantly boost the awesomeness of C130's and transports massively, as you could fit anything from daisy cutters to MOABs and stuff. Oh and ability to choose different camos/skins from editor without necessitating a new unit, like with BAF in the DLC.

If OpFor or BluFor is unbalanced, maybe make each country or faction assignable to BluFor or OpFor (in the editor), so you could have PMC's allied with BAF vs. US and Russia or something.

More ships, hopefully submarines. F-15 and F-16's, Eurofighters, B2's, F117's, F-22's, Migs, Tiger helicopters, Leclercs and Leopards, Challenger 1's and Challenger 2's (chieftains would be cherry on top), AMX-130's, Merkava M4 (I believe is confirmed), most of the T lines of tanks, Plasan Sand Cat, Soltam m71 hopefully some more OpFor stuff, (working scuds ftw), Ka-50 (as well as the already present Ka-52), C-130 GUNSHIPS, B52's, Mil Mi-28's, TU-160, some more transports for vehicles and stuff to maximize the (hopefully?) introduction of the fastrope and vehicle carrying and dropping element, some anti sub helicopters and planes or such to compensate for subs, many more firearms - glock 18c's, desert eagle's, HK USP's, Sig sauer's, p90's, uzis, m14 EBR (different then DMR right?), FAMAS, HK P11 (needed for underwater combat), IMI Galil, FN MAG, Striker, Mossberg 500, Reming 870, PGM Hecate II, UMP 45, ERYX, i could go on, some of the more experimental/obscure firearms (you all know you know one) that gun enthusiasts would love to see, ect.

Maybe some of the extremely iconic or used stuff from a little ways back, like the Thompson and the Sherman tank for kicks.

Edited by Uberduderofdoomer

That ArmA 3 'Mi-48 Caiman' or just simply 'Hamok' helicopter should be replaced with this futuristic Hind helicopter.

Hell yeah.. that some bad ass looking heli :)