Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

i have one suggestion. All the previous games content into A3 as a DLC. I'll buy that.

i have one suggestion. All the previous games content into A3 as a DLC. I'll buy that.

That'd be one hell of a dlc

Yes yes! A DLC of OFP using Arma3's engine with a slight revisionist bent:

Operation FlashPuff The Sunken Dragon

A remastered version in which Armstrong, Hammer and Gostovski must overcome the evil Eagle Master Lenton and his band of way too loyal Boy Scout cronies.

There is a pinch of irony in there somewhere.

band of way too loyal Boy Scout cronies.

You must forgive me Canteen Boy...my chest is quite hairy..

tumblr_lgy9cdad9p1qdo0goo1_500.jpg

You must forgive me Canteen Boy...my chest is quite hairy..

i think it's closer to this one:

14ocd91.jpg

I believe twas Shakespeare: "What evil and most unpleasant putrid debauchery doth lurk in thine forums unknownst mind"....

...or maybe it was Freud.

OP please add to the list the following:

Full support for proper throttles. (a throttle works like a real throttle on a joystick)

The option to have one button on a controller fire a gun and another button fire a missile. (like in real life)

A squad awareness system something similar to the sthud by dslyecxi http://www.dslyecxi.com/sthud.html

Infantry body armor and accurate simulation of it

A better damage system for vehicles and infantry

More research done to accurately simulate weapons effects on vehicles. For example listen to or read about real stories like the history channel did for this sad video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVlajvTcLYI&feature=related :(

Realistic maverick targeting on vehicles. Here is an example of an a10 from dcs

Edited by 5LEvEN

Can we have a defined multiplayer gameplay? something like PR mod for BF2? no need to get rid of the editor, but having a defined multiplayer would help lessen confusion to new players and attract more players to PVP arma3.

If its too late to do for Arma3 then a sepcial DLC a few months later would be great.

It was requested that I repost my "wishlist" regarding naval warfare in here, even though I don't see the point in having multiple postings of the same ideas. In any case, here you are:

... I am really looking forward to a new naval warfare dynamic that has been missing from the previous games. Since there is only one island in the map though (I doubt that Agios Eustathios will be included together) I wonder if there will be any motivation for mission makers and players to fight at sea and not just use the water for insertions at the start of a mission, which are more or less unnecessary and are included as a cinematic effect.

Scuba diving seems also to be of limited potential, unless there are real reasons to go underwater for extended periods or more complex missions. They mentioned that a diver would be able to sabotage a vessel, but the submarine so far has only been a motionless prop and the only displayed ship has been the fictional gunboat.

They also mentioned that you can "salvage" from wrecks, which in gaming terms it would be an underwater crate to get equipment from.

To really take advantage of the water, IMHO, they need:

1) A large body of water that is treated as a battleground and doesn't just surround the island. For that, "endless water" is not enough, there has to be some motivation to be in it and not just cross it as quickly as possible to get to land. As such, there is no point to even begin, let alone place, a mission in water.

2) Lemnos by itself wouldn't be enough to encourage players to play in the surrounding water. Agios Eustathios should be placed on the same map as to be able to construct operations at the sea between the two landmasses.

3) What would be great, is the inclusion of a secondary map, of smaller dimensions and simpler details that would feature a few islets, either completely barren or maybe with just a house or two. Of course, a map like this can easily be provided by the modding community, but the inclusion at the base game would give players motivation to create scenarios (and game types) utilizing naval units. Such scenarios would be fairly realistic as well, considering the altercations between the two Aegean neighbors.

4) Naval warfare game type. Mission structures, objectives and in general motivation to fight at sea should be part of a special game type, or an important part of Warfare or existing game type, to encourage naval warfare.

5) There has been a mention of a hovercraft I think and that would be simply awesome (in the actual meaning of the word). An Air-cushioned landing craft like the monstrous Zubr (operated by the Russian and Greek navies), the Chinese Jingsah II LCAC, the British Griffon 2000TD, the US Navy LCAC, or a fictional one would make a whole lot of sense. They carry troops, vehicles and equipment so they would play an important part in a war in the Aegean. They are also armed to the teeth, especially the Zubr and would make them a formidable opponent by themselves and can become even water based mobile bases. The Zubr is also armed with mines and artillery to defend and attack positions on land. Such a vehicle would be an impressive demonstration by itself, as a model, as a technology (turrets, missiles, defense systems, equipment-vehicle-personnel storage, etc) and could be a major selling point for the game. No other game has something close to it!

6) To actually have some sort of naval warfare, ships bigger and badder than the small gunboats and inflatables have to be in. I know modders such as Gnat can add them, but BI has to have one missile boat or destroyer as a demonstrator at least, to motivate players to play with them. Also, if their functionality is present in the base game (such as missiles and countermeasures, like those of Mandoble) it will demonstrate a serious approach to naval warfare make the game feel more complete.

7) I do not know if the new engine will allow it, but walking or firing from moving vehicles would add to the firefights on water. Soldiers wouldn't be sitting ducks on boats and ships anymore and a bigger ship like a destroyer or an amphibious assault ship can be more than a land-like prop and be an actual game mechanic. I can envision a game type, perhaps more arcade-ish, where the ship becomes a sort of mini Carrier Command and has to attack islands and other vessels with troops and weapons while defending itself. Or even imagine a couple or more operating together.

8) The submarine doesn't have to have interiors. Or be walkable. But it should be steerable, even if it only presents a simple HUD and a periscope view. It can behave like any other vehicle in game, with seats for troops and weapons, like missiles, torpedoes and a remote controlled canon or machine gun. I don't see why it couldn't be possible.

9) UAVs should be able to be launch from and land on ships.

10) If weather affects the sea state, from calm to stormy, with the waves rising and presenting a danger or at least a difficulty to steering the (smaller) boats, it would add much to the immersion and atmosphere of a battle. The water looks perfect so far, both the color and the behavior of the waves.

11) I've seen the fish on the video and heard the confirmation that more will be made, but would also like to see something bigger, like dolphins, sea turtles and even (dangerous) sharks.

12) There is a case for melee fighting among divers equipped with knives. I am not sure what underwater weapons exist (or could exist in the future), but I know that the speargun has very limited ammo, its very slow to reload and difficult to use.

That's all I can think of now.

The whole matter reminds me of the Total War games, where naval warfare was neglected until it became a major feature.

Edited by arigram
happy now?

I know you added numbers but it may not hurt to shift+enter when finishing the request of the current numbers.

My wishes may be brought up already, but I write them anyway.

- Boat tilt when turning at higher speeds... I didn't notice it on video.

- Wind humming on windshield/wing mirrors while driving cars and in ears on boats... expecially at higher speeds.

- Hope you make the sound world little different if character wears active hearing protection like they do in most pictures (ear damaging sounds will cut off, highfreq. sounds are stronger... you can actually hear better, try real ones and you get my point).

- Try to make feeling of diving as close real as possible (sounds like breathing, bubbles

..., diving speed should be reduced from what seen on walktrough-video... in combat gear speed could be more like 0.7-1 ft/sec. And you shouldn't be able to dive too deep either... 30m max... diving deeper could cause dissynes and blurry eye sight after while and finally unconsciousness and death.)

Good luck with the entire project!!

I know it is more than silly to request one's national army to be featured in the base game, but I think including the Hellenic Army is warranted in this case. After all, the war will take place on a Greek island!

It might not fit the story so far. Considering that the Armaverse scenario is that of a World War, the campaign taking place in Arma 3 is after prolonged warfare, the island is already occupied by invading forces and the defenders aren't doing so well, it might well be the case that the Hellenic Army has lost the war and is destroyed.

Even so, I would still like a tribute to the national defenders of the island. Maybe just a ship or vehicle, or a handful of special forces, something to make the point that Greece is not just a randomly picked battleground.

I would like to see maybe a missile boat, a gunboat, or a IFV or APC, such as the Russian-made BMP-3, Leonidas 2 or even the real-world canceled Kentaurus kentauros01.jpg

or, even a trireme ;)

trireme.jpg?w=504&h=329

Of course, if Greek partisans aren't featured, I will never talk to you again!

Edited by arigram

I saw a short video on facebook and especially the divers...

I tried to represent my vision of the immersed interface.

masque.jpg

I saw a short video on facebook and especially the divers...

I tried to represent my vision of the immersed interface.

masque.jpg

Unless it is tweaked for triple monitors, no thanks.

You should try watching your hard earned hardware doing nothing when you are wearing NVGs, only the centre monitor has an image. Why I will instantly quit a mission if it is fully night time scenario, I will still play if it is light enough to not need the NVGs.

My own wish, ground effect and ground effect vehicles please.

Modern day/futuristic Orlyonok or Lun would be nice.

Unless it is tweaked for triple monitors, no thanks.

You should try watching your hard earned hardware doing nothing when you are wearing NVGs, only the centre monitor has an image.

I agree with you... But I think the big problem is the modeling of sight to dive, night vision or in some vehicles too. Actually it's just in 2D and it's really ugly and a shame. I imagine 3D goggles with drops of water which flowing on the glasses when we go out of the sea etc...

Look the rain effect in this game...

Edited by 1conu59

Can we have a defined multiplayer gameplay? something like PR mod for BF2? no need to get rid of the editor, but having a defined multiplayer would help lessen confusion to new players and attract more players to PVP arma3.

If its too late to do for Arma3 then a sepcial DLC a few months later would be great.

Completely agree here!! Relying on the community so much to make MP missions turns a lot of potential ARMA addicts away!! It has to be "out of tje box" though, a few months after release is too late!!

You mean bubbles I hope, generally if you can see drops of water around your goggles then that is not a good sign. And how would you go about making "3D goggles", in the end 2D is the best answer since you could blur it and simulate the eyes lack of focus to the object around your face (FOV would need to be wider than that though)

Edited by NodUnit

Aircraft - CCIP

Implement CCIP bombing in the HUD of aircraft's.

It's easy to use and hand to use, don't really see why this is not in the recent games..

God, 3D would just be a waste of dev time. Maybe add it in after everything else is finished but, seriously, do the *important* stuff first.

that server admins can put urls to downloads of required mods in the server settings, this way the arma client can download any required mod and stay up to date.

this would enhance the experience greatly and keep mods a viable option to use on the server so enough people can enjoy it.

should honestly be patched into arma 2 ( as excuse to beta test it for arma 3 )

Forgive me if these points were raised previously:

1) Please change the central character from Captain Scott Miller to something else. The Ghost Recon Series has used Captain Scott Mitchell forever, and the decision to go with a Captain Scott Miller character seems like nothing but a cheap rip-off.

2) Drop the RAH-66 Comanche - The RAH-66 program was canceled in 2004 before it was fielded. It is not needed in this game when there are other more viable and real alternatives that could be used.

3) FFS - fix these issues once and for all:

AI controlled convoys

AI suppression fire

AI helicopter flight pathing and landing under fire

Thank you.

1) Please change the central character from Captain Scott Miller to something else. The Ghost Recon Series has used Captain Scott Mitchell forever, and the decision to go with a Captain Scott Miller character seems like nothing but a cheap rip-off.

It's hard enough to generate a <first name> <last name> without having fictional namesakes in one game (or movie) or another. Now they have to consider close shaves too?

As somewhat related trivia, Duke Nukem was originally a villain in the Captain Planet cartoon series. The name was later taken by a popular video game character.

2) Drop the RAH-66 Comanche - The RAH-66 program was canceled in 2004 before it was fielded. It is not needed in this game when there are other more viable and real alternatives that could be used.

In an E3 video the BI rep says that the Comanche was not shitcanned in the Armaverse.

Edited by Celery