Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

its done in ACE Mod pretty well genocide814, hope they implement it as well :yay:

How about the jetfighters' afterburner ,I wish that I could see fighters(I want F-22:p) flyby over my head with afterburner flame in night fight~OMFG!!

In reality, the afterburning jet buzz above you closely can only cause one effect, deafened.

Joining a server will Activate- Dectivate the mods required automatically... instead of not letting you join...

Yeah Newton's law of motion, and your muscles seize up. What wound ballistic video? :confused:

People don't fly when they get hit by a bullet, they just collapse out of shock or injury. Seriously look it up on youtube or something there are plenty of clips where someone takes a bullet, generally their legs just collapse from beneath them and they fall over.

It's obvious using F=MA and Impulses, and the 3rd Law. A bullet when fired doesn't send the person flying, firing a NATO assault rifle is like having someone poke you in your shoulder it most certainly doesn't send you flying, if a bullet could knock someone 2 metres back like they do in the movies then the gun that fired the bullet would easily bruise the person shouldering it.

'Tis true :)

If a bullet were to hit a person with enough force to push them several meters, then generally that bullet goes straight through the body, taking with it most of it's inertia, but leaving behind a messy hole.

Might as well chip in with a couple of thoughts :)

Must haves (in my opinion):

1. Characters hands holding door mounted / vehicle guns properly. This is a real bug bear and has quite a hit on the immersion in the game. Seeing the soldiers hand on their lap while the gun in front of them fires and swivels looks poor frankly.

What I'd like to see is this:

Skip to the 1.07 minute mark and it shows a terrific animated door gunner actually holding and aiming the door gun.

The downside I guess, is doing this for all of the variety of guns on vehicles in the game would be very time consuming but in terms of immersion and looking right, it's something I'd love to see implemented.

2. Better CQB. Notably better reaction times to gunfire and near misses.

3. A system similar to that of Full Spectrum Warrior in terms of positioning / stacking individual or groups of soldiers near building corners / walls/ vehicles / cover etc.

4. Maybe a few more waypoint selections such as Garrison where the AI infantry will enter a building and take up positions near windows and doorways. And a Secure waypoint for an area of land where they take up defensive positions actively seeking out and using nearby cover / concealment.

Not exactly a must have but a nice plus:

5.With PhysX, vehicle aerials reacting to the vehicles movement.

Hoping for but probably won't happen but crossing my fingers for:

Some simple house clearing commands a la Rogue Spear. Only two options would really be needed: Breach > Grenade > Clear and Breach > Flashbang > Clear.

To use either click on the door you want breached or by selecting a building from the map screen, the AI breaches the nearest suitable door.

What I hope doesn't happen:

With the new animation system I hope that the movement doesn't resemble other FPS with kiting / strafing that looks like soldier models are skating on ice. What I like about Arma is that the models have a feeling of weight and seem more grounded in their environment. I'd hate to lose that feeling.

1. Characters hands holding door mounted / vehicle guns properly. This is a real bug bear and has quite a hit on the immersion in the game. Seeing the soldiers hand on their lap while the gun in front of them fires and swivels looks poor frankly.

The downside I guess, is doing this for all of the variety of guns on vehicles in the game would be very time consuming but in terms of immersion and looking right, it's something I'd love to see implemented.

IMHO, there would not be that much work to do in the animation part, only in the scripting (the animation to hold a M2 and a MK19 would be pretty the same, as an example). The 10 years old Ghost Recon featured such animations, albeit in dismounted weapons.

Altitude and heading hold for both fixed wing and rotary aircraft.

Brian :)

People don't fly when they get hit by a bullet, they just collapse out of shock or injury. Seriously look it up on youtube or something there are plenty of clips where someone takes a bullet, generally their legs just collapse from beneath them and they fall over.

It's obvious using F=MA and Impulses, and the 3rd Law. A bullet when fired doesn't send the person flying, firing a NATO assault rifle is like having someone poke you in your shoulder it most certainly doesn't send you flying, if a bullet could knock someone 2 metres back like they do in the movies then the gun that fired the bullet would easily bruise the person shouldering it.

Why was this direct at me? I already know. :p

I meant that when you shoot someone, it should be more obvious, like they should jerk backwards or something, or if you shoot them in the right shoulder it should throw off their aim

I meant that when you shoot someone, it should be more obvious, like they should jerk backwards or something, or if you shoot them in the right shoulder it should throw off their aim

Or better blood splatter? (I can't stop watching these videos, ninja rabbits!) If they were hit they should look like they've been hit. E.g. holding the wound or limping, falling over injured (muscles seizing up or not being able to physically walk), facial expression of pain or something similar. But other than that, with physX and a better animation system it should be easier to detect when you hit someone. Good job on that BIS, loved the video.

Unless heavy-ish caliber you won't be doing much jerking, you just sort of seize up (muscles anyway) If it's strong enough to jerk you likely won't be using that arm.

Edited by NodUnit

Good point, it's annoying to shoot someone and their only reaction is "arggrh" and then a bit more weapon sway lol. Though I certainly wouldn't want to see it overdone.

#1 ability to lean out of the window of vehicle (simply default q, and optionally turning on freelook while doing so, so noone needs to press alt twice)

#2 ability to choose on which side you want to disembark (direction+action key) //already sugested

#3 Heat haze (21s

) depending on weather/world

#4 adjustable player model (body proportions, variable faces) - eh, keep on dreaming

#5 according netcode -> could player data, like custom faces be synchronised while in briefing instead of actual game? Same with pre-loading models maybe?

#6 something like very low LOD to draw certain type of objects beyond draw distance set in graphical options (I hate why enemies "pop out" when I scan&zoom)

#7 Maybe implementing teamspeak client ingame? Would be a golden solution. Needs straight cooperation between TS3 developers and BI.

#8 6DOF in all vehicles (in terms of TrackIR/freetrack).

#9 More dust! And sand! And even more dust! In dust.

#10 Updating that list in first post, and maybe a developer call on which suggestions may be added, which can and will be added, and which are not even considered.

Off-topic but damn, if that game didn't feature anthropomorphic rabbits, it would be fricking awesome, in a sort of Assassin's Creed way.

I'm pretty sure nobody mentioned this,

I don't know if this is possible in RL or not, but it's hella handy for RPG/general MP missions:

Please enable aircrafts to go backwards (even if ultra slow) or atleast make a vehicle which can pull/push an aircraft back/forward.

I'm pretty sure nobody mentioned this,

I don't know if this is possible in RL or not, but it's hella handy for RPG/general MP missions:

Please enable aircrafts to go backwards (even if ultra slow) or atleast make a vehicle which can pull/push an aircraft back/forward.

Call a plane tractor instead.

slightly off-topic

Off-topic but damn, if that game didn't feature anthropomorphic rabbits, it would be fricking awesome, in a sort of Assassin's Creed way.

I don't see the issue...many games have had anthro characters and there wasn't much of an issue....Ratchet and Clank? Conkers Bad Fur Day even?

After having seen this picture: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=196649733715098&set=a.196649517048453.46077.192181357495269&type=1&theater, I am suddenly a bit afraid that we will once again have to choose between laser or flashlight, but this time with the ability to change it on the fly.

I really hope that it will not be the case and that we will be able to have both at the same time, with this time a separate key for the laser and the flashlight, so that we will be able to turn on only the laser, only the flashlight, or both the laser and the flashlight at the same time.

Also, now that we will have a physic engine, i' d like to have a key to kick in doors. It' s very annoying to press open door and to have the door open towards you, pushing you away.

"If furry (anthro-freak, not anthro community) are joining wars, then humanity is going screwed."

As for the door system, I hope they act like Rainbow 6: Raven Shield. Which can be opened a tiny crack to throw grenade into it, instead to open it entirely.

Sure, it would be cool to be able to open doors smoothly with the mousewheel, Raven Shield style but i don' t see the suggestion as realistic as it would require the mouse wheel, unless BIS completely overhaul the contextual controls.

Adding a key that would play a door kicking animation seems more likely to be introduced to me, like Arma2 added the possibility to vault over fences, and it would already be quite a nice step forward imo.

As for the door system, I hope they act like Rainbow 6: Raven Shield. Which can be opened a tiny crack to throw grenade into it, instead to open it entirely.

But of course that would require vast improvements in the grenade throwing and collision departments.

Fully support 3d glasses (then it also could be possible to properly use aimpoints and similar sights).

Tank interiors....

Fully support 3d glasses (then it also could be possible to properly use aimpoints and similar sights).

Tank interiors....

I know you specified 3D glasses, but have you checked out the IZ3D drivers? Gives you 3D gameplay, for free if you use the coloured glasses option. Works really well in ArmA, with a little setting up. If you choose to use the free setting for coloured glasses, do yourself a favour and get some good quality red/cyan ones, should only cost a few bucks, Ebay is a good source.

I managed to get very playable gameplay out of it, and even managed to achieve proper eye separation when going to scopes/ironsights, meaning I had to close one eye to aim :)

But, it's an eyestrain. After a few days I just stopped. Also, it's of limited practical actual use other than the initial cool factor.

I can cast my mind back to the days of 3D shutter glasses.

I had a pair and NVidia drivers supported stereoscopic for shutter glasses (before they stopped and marketed the new 3D things minus shutter glasses! :confused:).

Anyway ... I remember a Nvidia driver stereo updated released that when I used them with Ghost Recon 1 finally they managed to sort out being able to view normally through 3D and also zoom and aim with cross-hair and everything perfectly aligned in full 3D, this then worked fine with Raven Shield (Oh how I loved Raven Shield in 3D).

Unsure what driver version but we are talking 2003 time :)

I hope that in some ways this gets better support for optics in 3D, Im unsure how much its down to the developers and Nvidia to support better, but a consideration in 3D would be good, esp optics with aiming and zoom.

The point im making is back then Optics were miss aligned in 3d so it was "shut one eye to aim" .. and then an update driver came and it was fixed. Things have changed again so I cant speak for now.

Edited by mrcash2009