Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

My only wish is that they make the game with as little as bugs possible.

No Arma 2 release BIS.

My only wish is that they make the game with as little as bugs possible.

No Arma 2 release BIS.

There will be bugs, and they'll probably be in great numbers upon release. You should expect this. It'll make you feel better when it isn't as bad as you're expectations.

There will be bugs, and they'll probably be in great numbers upon release. You should expect this. It'll make you feel better when it isn't as bad as you're expectations.

Yeah i know that, but you can't blame me for dreaming.

And BIS dont F*** up the game Dragon age 2 warning

Bring back the "I say again" as a sound test sample :)

I wish for more naval friendly coding. Such as:

• Submarines physics working properly, weapons and sensors properly working

• Larger ships i.e. (Carriers, LHD’s, Destroyers, etc) being able to be driven from the bridge.

• Naval guns, cannons, Surface to Air Missiles, Surface to Surface Missiles that are working properly.

• Aircraft being able to land on moving ship’s and boats.

• Scuba diver properly working under water.

• Plus conducting Anti-Surface, Anti-Submarine, Anti-Air, Mine, Strike, Amphibious, and Electronic Warfare.

Also proper ranking systems for the different services ingame

Edited by ScorpionGuard

Russian Language:

Уважаемые разработчики, Ñделайте пожалуйÑта взаимодейÑтвие Ñ Ð¾ÐºÑ€ÑƒÐ¶Ð°ÑŽÑ‰Ð¸Ð¼Ð¸ предметами Ñ Ð¿Ð¾Ð¼Ð¾Ñ‰ÑŒÑŽ курÑора мышки.

Ðапример, зажав альт (Ð´Ð»Ñ Ð²Ð·Ð³Ð»Ñда), поÑвлÑетÑÑ Ñпециальный курÑор Ð´Ð»Ñ Ð²Ð·Ð°Ð¸Ð¼Ð¾Ð´ÐµÐ¹ÑтвиÑ.

English Language (Google Translate):

Dear developers, do please feel free to interact with surrounding objects using the mouse.

For example, holding down alt (to look), there is a special mouse to interact.

I'm going to repeat my wish. NO BUGS

One Il-2 sturmovik Cliffs of dover is enough

I'm going to repeat my wish. NO BUGS

One Il-2 sturmovik Cliffs of dover is enough

Compared to CloD, Arma 2 was virtually free of bugs on release day. I´m also hopeful that BI will make this work as nicely as Arrowhead did at release.

I´m excited about what they´ll announce at E3. Yes, most thrilled I am.

And we want day 1 DLC 8-12 euro price range

Stuff that could have been included in the game but excluded for profit? Lolno.

Stuff that could have been included in the game but excluded for profit? Lolno.

I was being sarcastic. But this could be the case with Arma 3.

Please use tcp instead of udp.

Edited by Tachi

@PurePassion

LOL.It's about multiplayer engine of the game,not about camo.

Because of UDP packets we cant play bigger battles.Maximum amount of players that server with 100mb channel can hold is ~140.

Now we are trying to solve the problem:How to make 200 people play on 1 server.

P.S. I am from Russia,so sorry for my english.

P.P.S At our server we use ACE.

Edited by Tachi

FPDR all i have to say...

dangerous semi-knowlede and a quick google search...

ohh booii lets just forget it :o

but hey you changed your post aswell ;)

Edited by PurePassion

Weather that reacts with aircraft, weapon systems, and the rest of the environment (ie. Soggy footsteps and vehicle traction etc.)

Brian :)

1. Better fog. Fog appears to be of static brightness as overcast sets in, meaning we get quite a darkening effect on the clouds and ground, with a glowing white fog. Especially with high altitude sun, we can assume that fog is below global cloud cover, and thus receives less light to reflect.

2. Better handling of view distance. You know that old fades in as you turn your head thingie.

3. Moon in front of the stars, rather than vice versa - sorry - had to :D Similarly, zooming on stars shouldn't make them bigger. Good optics may make them brighter, but never bigger.

4. Unflipping feature. Action by default on all the smaller vehicles, like bikes, motorcycles, and ATVs. HMMWVs could have too, but would require more people to simultaneously perform the action to work.

5. Improved salvage trucks. If these are able to salvage a vehicle, doesn't that mean they have a crane or winch or something? If so, they could have action to unflip even heavier vehicles.

6. Ability to raise and lower seat of vehicles. Forward/backward would be nice too. You can't use the side windows in some vehicles, like MTVRs. The old 5t trucks were better in this respect.

7. The commands setFog and setOvercast should be able to run in parallel. Currently we have to divide time and run them in sequence, or the last (I think) issued command will fail to perform.

8. Also, the command setRain should work statically a few seconds (about 5-10 secs?) before the engine tries to override it. Currently we have to employ very dense loops (0.2'ish) to avoid the visual distance fading effect changing back and forth.

9. Proper "call for fire" system, and need to setup preregistrations (by mission design or have to do it while playing), and/or the need to walk the rounds to target by adjustment fires. Typed text fields for coordinates, with support for polar mode (observer pos, distance, angle), rather than point&click artillery. Being a successful infantryman, crewman, or pilot require some skill, while using artillery - probably the most destructive force on the battlefield - is left a nobrainer.

10. Simulation illumination (iirc, shot M203 and illumination flares etc) should create #lightpoint. Currently AI is blind to normal flares, although they help us. AI should also use flares intelligently if they have them. And while there, fix the floating point errors on the #lightpoint object (small light values cease to work at altitudes, same happens with particles btw).

Well, enough for now. :)

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Bring back the "I say again" as a sound test sample :)

Hhahaha I hear that!

Don't know if it's already been suggested, but improved facial animations would be nice. BIS' current full-body animations are already impressive, even if they need a little bit of smoothing out, but facial movement updating would be good. It's a bit strange in Harvest Red when Shaftoe's talking to you with the thousand yard stare :p

Now that we have SDVs and SCUBA diving, can we get a Lotus Esprit added as a submersible vehicle? :p

In all seriousness, I'd like to see move in cargo and 6DOF functionality added to air units. It would be nice to have someone lean out the side door of the Mi-8 to guide the pilot during slingload ops.

More dialogs. Not the "What's the weather forecast?"-shit=P

No modular filled Towns - enable it by default on every Map and every City (when player/s is/are within certain range) with people, cars, busses and other transport. Let them use Cars, planes, choppers, boats, trains.

When shots are fired, people flee to safe spots (less fighting -> less destruction -> less far fleeing).

Civilian Airports separate from military ones..