Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

I wan't reallystic sounds for weapons and vehicles. I wan't more animations and this time please don't make animation class names too long like in armas! Who can remember this: this switchmove"ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_MarianQ_TVstudioMan" ??????) How in OFP I was remember all commands, that's easy: (this switchmove"EffectStandSalute";this playmove"FXCivilLyingDying" ...ect) I wan't more vehicle moving reallysm, I wan't very good MP and like as you downloading some mission for time playing (Okay let's call it sending data ...) make as you can download and required addons and get it in AddOnsCache .. Yea with that make as a admin server option "Let him download required addons or not", make a low and long grass, and that's it. Thanks!

Would have been easier to type what you didnt want!!! :p

I wan't reallystic sounds for weapons and vehicles. I wan't more animations and this time please don't make animation class names too long like in armas! Who can remember this: this switchmove"ActsPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_MarianQ_TVstudioMan" ??????) How in OFP I was remember all commands, that's easy: (this switchmove"EffectStandSalute";this playmove"FXCivilLyingDying" ...ect)

Those animation names follow a precise scheme.

I would like to have burning buildings. Fire could be ignited by a Bomb blast, RPG, wood houses surrounded by wood should catch fire if trees were burning etc.

Fire should continually damage buildings until fire is extinguished.

lol, remember the HUGE fires when ArmA 2 first came out?

Brian :)

I would like to have burning buildings. Fire could be ignited by a Bomb blast, RPG, wood houses surrounded by wood should catch fire if trees were burning etc.

Fire should continually damage buildings until fire is extinguished.

So we need people to play firemen in missions then?

Edited by dale0404
spelling

So we need people to lay firemen in missions then?

Good question. I havent thought it through totally to the end, but maybe BIS could include Civilian firefighters and a firefighter truck, e.g. a URAL Fire engine...

I just thought of how funny it would be: Sniper in a big building hiding, you cant get him out of there, so just put the whole building on fire :D

How about caves and tunnels underground? seeing the underwater scenes for arma3 I dont want to wait a year :D is it ready yet?:)

Is there going to be alpha and beta testing for us to take part in?

That was the only thing missing in my view for Arma2.

Arma3 is going to be 10/10 just like Arma2

And yes the 7th Cavalry will be recruiting for arma3 also.

We have over 130+ members in Arma2 alone. 330+ in total.

How about caves and tunnels underground? seeing the underwater scenes for arma3 I dont want to wait a year is it ready yet?

It's already possible in ARMA 2, the Tora Bora user-created map has some caves in it. Still, it would be nice to crawl through some caves and bump into an enemy. ;)

I dont have that map, but I hope we see them in vanilla Arma3.

Using them for cover would be great also, tanks and aviation outside gives infantry an out if needed. CQB in caves would be fun times.

Dropping some BLU-113s onto a cave would be nice. Maybe even some flamethrowers to flush its occupants out. :D

they would be cool to finally have the helicopters of the 160soar as the MH-47G and MH-60K.

Also can ride the choppers and the bay doors and operate the winches

MOAB's were used, we had them in our mod pack for a while, they were massive but the sounds and animations were a little off. but it was a big blast, dropping one of those in cave complex would leave nothing alive :) we loaded them into C-130 it was massive.

deeper sound effects like ACE would be good for vanilla Arma3 also.

what about level design?

Playing ArmA2, I think the environment is rather empty. When I say empty,

is that it feels nothing, the city emits no atmosphere, it seem to have ever lived.

*** My opinion ***

i have all Played Stalker game, which features graphic engine similarity ArmA2

engine, when we play, we feel that nature lives, he something happened here or here, it is held spellbound by the atmosphere.

Maybe this is the effect of DirectX10, but I do not know, even if the premises

looks abandoned, it leaves appear a certain life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nUrTkDbwS0&feature=related

one idea i would love in arma 3 is Far cry 2's wind and fire physics. it was done really well where the wind could help spread fire!

One thing I would like would be the ability to "crouch" whilst still inside a turret tha'ts either in a bunker w/ low sandbags or mounted on a vehivle like the HMWV GPK so that when you come under too much fire/are relaoding and want to protect your head you can.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Also (an idea for the engine) I know people are always mentioning the discrepancies between a model of an object and its collision model, could the engine be modified to see these two things as one in the same? That way you get a collision model that is in 100% accordance with the actual image displayed onscreen and you only have to render one model perobject instead of two all time.

the engine doesn't render the collision cage. You don't need to modify the engine to have proper collisions (although adding to it so when facing a wall the avatar lowers the gun would be nice), just make sure the said cage is properly defined in the .p3d.

Making the cage the same as visual lod 0 is a bad idea, since there might be a lot of information there that is really unneeded (surplus).

So I couldn't bring myself to read the 30 pages of Idea's but after the first 6 or so pages I think all the features people suggested are good idea's but, I wish that when I'm sitting in the copilot seat of a Blackhawk or Little Bird, that I can switch controls from pilot to pilot. I mean also this feature would be nice on planes like the C-130, but mainly just the helo's, even the Apache because the gunner could fly the Apache.

Sorry if someone already said it, but this has been bothering me since day 1 of playing Arma.

Also (an idea for the engine) I know people are always mentioning the discrepancies between a model of an object and its collision model, could the engine be modified to see these two things as one in the same? That way you get a collision model that is in 100% accordance with the actual image displayed onscreen and you only have to render one model perobject instead of two all time.

As PuFu said there's really no benefit in that; nor does it seem even plausible, since using high-poly visual meshes for collision detection will cause huge performance hits (computing collisions for complex geometry takes a lot of CPU time). I think really all that needs to be done is fit the collision geometry more closely to the actual models, which sometimes doesn't occur (like with weapon proxies).

Really like the idea of you mcdonald! switching controls of a aircraft to copilot would be very nice!

Everything has already been said, and even if only 10% of all these things make it into Arma3, I'm gonna go :yay:

Anyways, a simple update for the editor would be nice:

(Yes, the buttons look like crap, but you get my drift.)

editor_upgrade.jpg

Turrets for fixed wing aircraft.

Mostly because the mod community dosn't need the limitation, or the complicated fix.

you shoul hav read the thread :)

i would like working turrets for class plane; (similar behavior for class helicopter would do)

Some good ideas on this thread, but i wouldnt mind if they didnt fix the ladder animation. thats something that it doesnt really matter. same as opening the vehicle ramp to get out. as long as they make this game more stable and optomized, ill be glad.

Some good ideas on this thread, but i wouldnt mind if they didnt fix the ladder animation. thats something that it doesnt really matter. same as opening the vehicle ramp to get out. as long as they make this game more stable and optomized, ill be glad.

Nevermind the issue with the soldiers hands not connecting with the ladder-steps. The real ugly issue is that you remain in the ladder animation even when only your last foot is on the ladder, so you're balancing on one foot with your hands in the air.