Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

o I really liked RF3 Artillery and logistics script. The ability to tow fixed cannons, load tactical vehicles into c-130s was awesome. I would love to see some version of that be a part of the game, especially if I can pre-load vehicles in the map editor.

* More stereo in the ambient soundscape (wind, forest, sand, houses, citysounds, sea, rain etc) - even a channel offset helps.

* Wind to drive waves rather than overcast, or better yet, a separate control/command for it.

* Better wave system now that the game becomes more naval oriented (with scubas).

* Highly agree on the fog popping system. That is so old and needs to be addressed.

* Increase the available audio config drive parameters tenfold, and let everything be available everywhere. I.e. I want wheel rolling sound on an aircraft but you can only have them on cars.

* Ability to monitor these sound parameters on screen. Very important for sound modders. I believe the command diag_toggle allows this for the devs.

* A debug version/exe, giving us the same possibilities as the devs. For MP debugging, server has to accept (by setting config) those users by provided uid/beuid, and debugging players should be highly visible to others that they are allowed to cheat.

* Ability to simulate dedicated server setups directly from the editor, without actually having to use a real server. Make it easier, especially for beginners, to check for locality issues.

* More stereo in the ambient soundscape (wind, forest, sand, houses, citysounds, sea, rain etc) - even a channel offset helps.

Damn right completely agree on this, to use this method means that mono audio can be made to sound stereo which will help on modding sound bloating audio :)

I know some soundmods use stereo so its supported but a better implementation for it would be good, there is a sound thread in these here parts too for posting all sorts of sound things.

Apologies if this has been requested already but...

I would love to have the ability to load heightmap, satellite image and texture mask directly into the 3d editor and have all the terrain objects available to place combined with a GUI for writing the island config files.

Grass cover, I'm not going to get into it as its been talked about a lot, but for me its the biggest let down in arma, i hate that i can be hiding in a forest thinking I'm in full cover only to be shot from 1k away, because really I'm sticking out like a crow with a flare in its ass.

I'd like to see:

• Proper vehicle damage system
  • Weight system
  • Proper vegitation(not like in OA where it looks awful)

Vegetation in OA looks awful? *scratches head*

A weight system and weapon jamming/malfunctions and I think I would be happy with all of the improvements.

B.I. could learn a lot from the Cornered Rats about ballistic penetration and deflection, too.

Mostly I would like to see a lot less bugs. I have yet to make a complete mission for ArmA 2 because every time I try I see something that doesn't work the way it is supposed to. I made plenty of missions for Operation Flashpoint: Elite, probably because it was darn near bugless.

Vegetation in OA looks awful? *scratches head*

Yes when your like 20m away from trees and bushes it becomes very low detailed... probably just a config thing!

Yes when your like 20m away from trees and bushes it becomes very low detailed... probably just a config thing!

That's bad LOD management..

Helicopters that can land on building roofs.

Helicopters that can land on building roofs.

And fast rope onto building roofs. :yay:

Add more emotions and emotional states into radio voice. Something in the mix between ArmA II's bipoloar emotional voice and OA's voice. I really liked the change of voice with the stealth feature, but there needs to be more emotional states.

There should be 4 emotional states for radio voices.

Safe voice(Squad has no casualties, no enemies spotted)

Stressed voice(Squad has no casualties, aware of enemies spotted)

Extremely stressed voice(Squad has casualties, enemies spotted)

Stealth voice(Squad is in stealth mode)

More realistic MP.no player controlled units calling out targets...

or don't they do that now???

Completely re write the engine. This one is old, and line after line to make it better became ELEPHANTINE, it is just to heavy now. Re write it in dx11 like DICE is doing for bf3 and move some of the physics on the gpu NOT using a proprietary system like Nvidia phisix but a open one . I upgraded from a 4870 to 6950 and other then a shorter time loading the textures (4870 512mb to 6950 2gb) i don't have much of an improvement. Write it to take full advantage of multicore cpus cause at now Arma2 it is not multi-core optimized. For the rest i don't care too much if an animation is a little off like climbing a ladder, who cares about that c'mon!!! There are tonnes of more important things to change first! Wake up.
Seconded, and a fellow Radeon user (MSI HAWK R5770 1 GB), would hate to get shafted like PC gaming nowadays tend to (i.e. Black Ops in 3D being NVIDIA-exclusive).

I wouldn't mind ARMA 2 requiring a 64-bit multicore CPU either.

I'd like to see partial or complete backwards compatibility with ArmA2 addons. It'd be a shame to see all of the effort this community has put into their releases shelved so soon.
Not at the cost of all the great features that've been suggested, wolfbite already said why this is expendable -- not least because presumably ARMA 3 will be making some of those very addons redundant.

Also, the infamous AI voices are not part of the charm, they are a recurring joke at BIS' expense. (One of my personal annoyances is the AI using "o' clock" for directions as opposed to bearings.)

I also definitely agree with everyone who's requested better -- more fluid, less clunky -- CQB, otherwise there's not much point to carrying SMGs, PDWs or sidearms. If need be, replace the "step over" with a "context-sensitive" movement command.

Also wanting modular weapons attachment and that it be in-mission, even if swapping attachments has to take in-game time.

But other companies are raising the bar in these areas of development so I don't see why BIS can't.
This is very valid and no one should dismiss this lightly. It's no coincidence that Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad already has a lot of what I'm looking for when it comes to optics/"3D scopes" (even switching from magnified optic to close-quarters sights), just like Flogger23m cited, and I'll be very disappointed if ARMA 3/BIS are still "behind the times."

Agreed with KrAziKilla / disagreed with tsb247 regarding knife kills -- the ranges involved already would make this not nearly as severe a problem as in CoD.

I'd like this to actually run at 30 fps or more consistently on a AMD Phenom II X4 965 + Radeon HD 5770 1 GB...

... ARMA, because if you're not having it fun, BIS was doing it wrong. :D I really don't mind some of the "game-y" elements like helicopters' autohover options or medic "one-click heals," those should remain (please ignore everything Tom1 said, that's stuff that should only be an addon and not vanilla ARMA 3).

(please ignore everything Tom1 said, that's stuff that should only be an addon and not vanilla ARMA 3).

No, do not simply ignore other people's opinions. There are pro's and con's in every system, take the pro's and the good features that add to immersion, keep playability and make a better system than the current if that is what people want. Nothing is stated as 'Do this, and only this', it is flexible, it is only an idea. I hate comments like yours. Instead of putting down his opinion, add to it as what you would want to see instead of.

Anyway:

I would like to see more NV equipment for weaponary:

http://armaenigma.com/images/6/65/Arma3_twitter_bg.jpg

This image has a man with NVG's and a M95 (?) with no NV capability. It would be good if you could add NV devices onto the end. I hated the fact there was TWS in some models but no NV in A2. In an unconventional war night fighting would be a big advantage, especially for a small team so it could fit in with the storyline and immersion - as well as realism. If you can customise your weaponary then it would fit right in also.

Edited by Rye
Moving on

It would also be nice to include a forum or a program included with Arma 3 for all the scripts available that can be used in Arma 3. This will provide new mission creators a good way to find everything about scripts for Arma 3 much easier instead of having to look on the internet for hours on end.

M95 indeed.

(please ignore everything Tom1 said, that's stuff that should only be an addon and not vanilla ARMA 3).

Well perhaps you would like to explain why it can't be an option or why it must be an addon? No one asked for it to become the bread and butter of the healing system, but to allow it as an option. The more stuff we can have in vanilla the better.

AI, AI, AI. I decided to finally try the harvest red campaign and was clearing out the insurgent camps near Manhattan and I got waxed 10 times in a row by the insurgents. Despite my creeping around in cammo, 5 irregular troops could snapshot my sniper prone behind a tree at 300 yards, pretty much every time. I had to take control of the sniper and get all five of them in 3 seconds if I wanted to get out without casualties. Very immersion blowing. The comabt rule should be a lot of shooting, not much hitting!

RR

Will Arma 3 be 64-bit only? If it is not it won't be able to do islands any bigger than the current islands. But I doubt Arma3 will be 64-bit, because not everyone will be 64-bit by 2012. Arma 2 works much better on 64-bit than 32-bit OSs. 64-bit would allow many more troops and much bigger environments, more types of buildings, and have memory more better AI etc.

None of this post is necessarily true... Especially the bit about Arma 2 working better under 64bit os.

It would make sense to have a 64bit .exe for Arma3 in this day and age I mean come on, even Half Life 2 has a 64bit mode.

being able to switch weapons on the move.

faster switch to handgun.

weapon accessories that are changeable on the move. :yay:

You guys talking about the game as it will have Blackhawk or Humvees, Well I hope its a modern army game and not a Lazer toys game of what they think a future military would be.

watch out Lao Fei Mao.. that image is over 100K.. the bandwidth gods will smite you. Even though it isn't hosted on this site and everyone here has high speed internet and computers powerful enough to run arma.

also that is a great shot. Loosing all sense of what is going on around you when sniping is a big disadvantage. Nobody jams their eye into a scope. And triplehead users get messed up most of all when the far screens turn black... at least I think they do.

watch out Lao Fei Mao.. that image is over 100K.. the bandwidth gods will smite you. Even though it isn't hosted on this site and everyone here has high speed internet and computers powerful enough to run arma.

BWAHAHAHA

also that is a great shot. Loosing all sense of what is going on around you when sniping is a big disadvantage. Nobody jams their eye into a scope. And triplehead users get messed up most of all when the far screens turn black... at least I think they do.

yeah that pics a good example, would be a good idea if you could use your track IR to look through your zoomed scope instead of it taking the whole screen up..