Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

FOG implemented properly, no more poppins and more volumetric / smoother when it becomes foggy, than a white sheet stuttering toward the hills and poop outs & ins. I know its been looked at with patches but fog just looks like 2001 now :)

Better rain effects/ground reflections when wet, proper looking rain and with a better audio engine ability to hear rain on metal roofs & clothing as it hits, much more immersion when in bad weather, plus audio feet walking etc should change to reflect damp ground.

Whisper should be set so team can be set to whisper voice not only on stealth setting but any time you want it, radio silence when you want it (on/off toggles). Also whisper should work for first person voice too, currently that only works when mission code sets it, otherwise all team whisper in stealth and you dont (currently).

Maps reflecting date/seasons .. maps should reflect seasons, so under certain date settings the map is greener/lusher, brown reds etc autumn, more barren when winter (this then also means FPS killing scenery would be better in winter times :) ) ...

Improved geometry and collision detection, maybe including the physX model, so that we can finally walk around that C130 and actually run out of the back to jump rather than using an 'eject' action, which is totally unimmersive. It would also allow for vehicles and cargo to be transported in and on vehicles and would simply be an awesome addition to the engine.

Also make the rain the non-armour-piercing variety, so that it no longer rains indoors. Also the lighting needs to be vastly improved in terms of fidelity, and in turn the AI should respond to how well a particular object is lit, would make stealth operations feel a lot less random in terms of being detected.

Edited by 7-75th Callaghan

While I want to see a lot out of this game, but primarily I'd like to see a realistic penetration system and a better AI but not a ridiculous aid, I.E. shoots from 500m through heavy brush at an enemy laying in a bush.

LOL!!:yay:

realistic penetration system

Brian :)

Please look into the new military vehicles that will be coming out in the next 10 to 15 years and possibly incorporate some of them within Arma 3, especially the military M.U.L.E. Here are some videos and pictures of it...

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

Mule_1.jpg

mule.jpg

i think would be cool to have a good fire simulation: veichles could lose fuel if hit and so a good propagation of flames if fuel is near a fire or hit by shot , possibility to make ( with mods maybe) flame launcher and soldiers burining so ww2 mods and vietnam mods would be very cool and at end to can set on fire buldings that have wood for make them collapse... and also to see the heat when there r explosions or something like that

thanks

-I would love to do some room clearing. Breach some doors or walls, perhaps even a cover system ala rainbow six vegas (but with peaking).

-Customizable weapons. Might be nice to easily swap out scopes or other gadgets. In the editor or/and in the field.

-Some better voice acting would be great but hey..:D

- Real wind physics, affecting every parts of vegetation, cloths, particles and traveling bullets.

improved AI and road searching process

more animations (At least for AI) no more rotate around of one point the modell

better light and shadow display ( indoor light and shadow is such)

volumetric light

Better HDR

particle system (dust ,smoke,gun fire )

realistic damage system (breakable glass, vehicles, buildings)

better penetration in different materials

Better collision system (don't go through other object or herself )

more easy commanding system (not simpler, only more easy)

better chain of command

enhanced and bigger battles the total theater

improved vehicles control

improve CQB fight

better detailed indoor

improved sound and AI voice, more sound of enviroment

dedicated "use " and grenade button, without gun change

faster weapon change

Customizable equipment and weapons

physics !! use openCL, because this can use every better hardware, not just Nvidia

multicore support

better optimalisation, less bug

easier mission editor and scripting

the texture is not ringing

use more color and contrast

original

example PS mod not the best, but see the difference

A proper throttle as apposed to slow/medium/fast... Jets and Cars really need a proper throttle I feel... Maybe that goes up by 10% dradients and if you hold shift+throttle up it goes up by 1% gradients...

* What post two posts up says about contrast and color. If your artist/programmer wants to fiddle with global tinting, chop his/her hands off.

Arma2 AO was awful mess of yellow-brown and if you're going for realism, world does not look like you're watching it through bottle of urine. Also, 8-pixel gaussian blur and 50% desaturation does not make game look better or more realistic. ArmAII looked best when shaders & Post-proccess FX were disabled for a second during saving the game. That one second.

* Improve pathfinding. AI in light vehicles commanded to drive through even smallest forest never made it. AI in buildings was hopeless.

* Unf**k keyboard. No, we don't really need use for all 103 keyboard keys. Using expanding command wheels like Battlefield 2 can greatly reduce complexity of keyboard.

* We don't need AI to sit or salute or bake cookies. Make it reasonable. But we need it to understand that when commanded into vehicle, and there's shooting 4km away, THERE'S NO NEED to lie down and cover each other while disobeying direct order. You kind of fixed it in AO, but AI still doesn't act very naturally. Things like this need a lot of improvement. Common sense.

* Make AI use every position assigned. That means, "fire at will" while you're driving a tank and AI is gunner, should actually mean that AI ACTUALLY FIRES AT ENEMIES. Not waits for you to say "fire".

* Make AI player-friendly. For example, if AI pilots a chopper, there should be commands for him to either land or hover or take slow circles around objective so player-gunner could actually hit anything. Like real pilots.

* Remove orders that don't work. "advance", "flank left", etc. AI never uses them correctly and human players can simply command this into microphone, instead of having gazillion shortcuts for this. Most of radio signals are useless also.

* Rework LODs so for example, Capture The Island/warfare game mode, airborne player couldn't abuse LODS to see camouflaged base in forest due low-poly trees or disappearing trees. Also, remove that horrible tree pop-in from 10 meters. ArmA III will be no doubt hardweight game like previous and people don't need things to run on Pentium III anymore. Better make it more resource hungry, but play fluidly, instead of screwing people with decent PCs.

* Realistic weapon effects. When LAV-25 fires its 25mm bushmaster cannon against a wall, all we hear is a clink and few ugly yellow triangles bouncing off. Watch what should REALLY happen:

* Most vehicles are effective up to 6 km. In ArmA II, most tank battles happen at 600m at most. Why? Increase viewing, AI spotting, etc distances to realism. AI often cannot spot enemies even at 6m! If you need, make AI CHEAT just for the sake of realism! They can "know" where enemy is anyway! Use it to make them atleast face correct direction in a firefight and not miss seeing enemies standing next to a car they're driving.

And on a side, note, make them cheat less, in terms of point-perfect RPG and AK fire over 1km, spotting you half map away and other magical things you can see AI do in ArmA II right now.

Shortly, talk to some ArmA gamers, investigate what casual player actually uses in a game and discard the rest. ArmA II was a great game, but there was too much forgotten or useless milsim elements left in. That's not to say that you should stray from milsim line! Just make it accessible and reasonable to normal human being.

Edited by InCreator

64-bit process please! I plan to be running at least 6 or 8 gigs of memory by summer 2012 and I'd like to use it appropriately!

I want a more authentic tactical experience, particularly when it comes to the authentic relationships of combined arms. I want to have a mechanized infantry platoon where the infantry deploys from their APCs in a realistic manner then moves down a road around the armored vehicle in an authentic way... I want platoon and company and brigade level command structures that work in the AI when I'm playing alone.

For the campaign game i want less corny dialogue and more realistic technical detail in the way an army operates.

I want this particularly when calling in airstrikes, and artillery and transport. No jokes no wisecracks, just strict adherence to the manuals and doctrines that officers must learn by heart.

I think this game this sim should be like a living textbook that teaches you what is really going on in military thinking, whether it's historical, contemporary or projections of future military tactical doctrine.

There are other shootemups for younger guys. I want to understand how the military works at the ground level even if it makes the game a lot less exciting or satisfying to the run and gun crowd. I want more of a sim even if it means going on patrols and nothing happens.

And that means that I want AIs that are grounded more in the military doctrines of foreign countries or specific arms of the military, be it Marines, Taliban, Russian troops Australian troops whatever...then i can play a whole evening and feel when I'm done that I didn't just waste my time on a silly toy. I want to walk away and feel like I learned somethign. I want to choose where I am in that learning experience...whether as a grunt or as a captain or whatever. But I want to be immersed in it, even if it means squatting behind a wall waiting while some unit is moved into position...

Basically I want VBS with a super steroid AI.

Oh yeah and bring in James Dunnigan as your technical advisor.

http://jimdunnigan.com/bio.htm

jfdphoto.jpg

This plus everything I said so far, and it'd be a perfect game!

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

How about underground tunnels? cool!

And a way to sling the rifle over shoulder and not have to be in combat position all the time.

My wishlist is short this time, since most of my important issues are already handled.

1. Fix the speed of sound issues with multiple shots.

2. Fix the damn vehicle controls. Analogue steering wheels are useless since ArmA.

3. Allow disabling scheduling of top priority spawned functions, like missile guidance replacements or steering of parachute (though thanks to onDraw UI function, it's needed mostly on dedicated server).

4. Allow player to pick his handedness in profile setup, and make the usual percentage of left handed people exist in the game same way (a part of unit's identity).

5. Make direct replacements of weapon control possible (programmable missiles, warhead fuses and FCS computers, with access to global and vehicle variables).

Russians and Terrorists that dont SPEAK ENGLISH!

Being able to hear them talk alot more when danger close to them, hearing yelling and panic in their voices as I engage them, maybe even a crying solider about to be killed or scared from all his friends dying before him, like in Dragon Rising this is such an easy to way to boost immersion on the battlefield.

Heres what I mean (taken from that other game)

Go to the :38 second mark

I want to hear this, im tired of fighting robots in arma games, make them feel human if they get scared and start yelling while in a firefight and such, this would fall into the category of Improved Voice overs which is deffinetly needed.

Also being able to hear your player start to breath more heavily when stressed and hearing your rising heartbeat like in that trailer for Dragon Rising.

Such easy ways to drastically improve immersion.

----------------------------

stickable explosives

Higher polygon terrain and volumetric clouds like this http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.geforce.com/Active/en_US/shared/images/video_thumbnail/videothumb-hawx2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.geforce.com/GamesandApps/games/tom-clancys-hawx-2/overview&usg=__oLERBQMQ5xrtfdgpCKs7Pm7k-8U=&h=360&w=646&sz=163&hl=en&start=56&zoom=1&tbnid=sUMatj2iuTQuYM:&tbnh=111&tbnw=200&ei=kzvYTYDGNOXo0QHZlZn8Aw&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dterrain%2Btesselation%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26biw%3D1680%26bih%3D869%26tbm%3Disch0%2C1398&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=1338&vpy=415&dur=724&hovh=167&hovw=301&tx=262&ty=133&sqi=2&page=3&ndsp=28&ved=1t:429,r:13,s:56&biw=1680&bih=869

vehicles that leave tracks in the road

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Give AI you command a combat history; the more combat they see, the better they are. Have the option so you can select which member you want on your team (best man for the job) based on experience or lack thereof for training missions.

yes we hav a texture for that

or do you mean actual 3d tracks that would require terrain deformation?

The AI's use of weapons definitely needs to be sorted out, no body should be able to hit shit with assault rifle let alone kill over 800m and definitely not with any variant of the AK. Also line of sight the AI seem to have this uncanny ability of knowing exactly where u are when u get within a certain range even when u have moved in undetected.

I would like to see the hole complement of arma2 & ace weaponry equipment and vehicles added to whatever else BIS are throwing in there. Dynamic weather, night & day cycles as standard changeable via severside just like arma 2oa.

God no to cod-like melee systems. An more accessible way of mantling objects I.e fences etc. More destructibility but not so much it compromises online qaulity and general smoothness of gameplay.

Nothing else comes to mind that hasn't already been mentioned.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13336

Play that mission. You will see heaps of stuff like packing objects (even sandbag fortifications), CASEVAC, after action reports, JIP markers, enemy logistics and terrorist cells and training camps, enemy have limited supplies and will have to resuply and the more of their stuff you destroy the less stuff they fight you with, piss off civilians and they will help terrorists, everything you would possibly want.

If that stuff is implimented in arma 3, but without looking tarded (most of it uses attachto command:p) that would be great.

List is a follows

AI improvements like the one listed previously

Improved vehicles; shooting from, cargo, so on.

Proper Radio chatter, "over" at the end of each message, so on

A proper rank structure, this is particular obvious in high command. In high command, say you are a LT you should give orders to the SGTs instead of the whole platoon they should then perform that task intelligently, using fire-teams and the like. essentially I would love the chain of command to implemented

It should aim to be as close a representation as possible.

But as previously said Engine first, content second.

Regards

Flashlights visible during the day, also more real looking, the flashlights in operation failpointdragon rising were the one thing they did right.

First, we need to see what the features are already... as 12months is not that far away and I would be curious as to how far out do games like these become "feature locked".... Hopefully E3 will shed a ton more info...

I would like the the Enemy (Persian/Chinese/Russian) to Speak English in my English version... sorry, I am not Bi-lingual and I always turn off the sub-titles. thanks...

Edited by gonk