Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

Balance the leading factions, please. Arma 2 was very close to achieving this, but Op. Arrowhead fell well short. It ruined the "public" multiplayer game, for the most part, since so many people were far too eager to play with all the high-tech BLUFOR small arms than to use tactics to win with OPFOR.

In Gossamer's Warfare, for instance, we resorted to giving OPFOR a tactical nuke as it was the only thing that would get public, every-day players interested in playing with "inferior" small arms.

If necessary, just give every OPFOR rifle, carbine, machinegun, and smg a thermal-imaging system. :D

- Improved AI and more realistic: I would like the AI to be able to react to fire, move through buildings, and traverse terrain in a more intelligent fashion. On the other side of the coin, reduce their super human capabilities. Adjust their accuracy and reaction times to more realistic levels. Please improve LOS. If I can't see them because of dense foliage and/or smoke, they shouldn't be able to see me either. Also, enough of the being shot by the enemy in the head, at 500m, with an AK, from the standing position, on the first burst, all after spotting me just a second prior.

- Destructible buildings : I would like to see just a slight expansion of what was seen in OA. Instead of having the entire half of a building fall apart, just have each panel or wall of an object indiviudally destructible. Weapon characteristics could determine how many of the panels would be destroyed. Eventually there would be a threshold of damage a building would take before it just collapses. However, as most people want, BFBC2 type destruction would be to much a drain on system performance. I don't need to see through every bullet hole, but I would like to see that an HE round from the M1A1's main gun does some type of realistic damage to a building. It doesn't have to be pretty, just expand the capabilities of those playing.

-Easier to use editor and 3d editor: Over the years I've forced myself to learn the editor in ArmA2 2 by trial and error. However, this was not the "easy to use and intuitive" editor that was promised on the box. I would like to see many of the more advanced commands and scripts built into the editor with an easy to use interface such as drop downs or better trigger editors. I think this would open the game up to many more players instead of the current die hards (and dare I say elitists who like the fact that the editor is so foreboding that they are one of the few who know how to build missions). The 3d editor just cuts down on having to jump back in forth from previewing back to editing to see if something was placed correctly. If this can't be done, a little more forgiving syntax format for many commands would greatly help.

- Better collision detection for movement: Get rid of the step over command (V for default). I'm tired of being in an intense firefight and being caught up on every ankle high obstruction in my way. Allow more sliding around or over objects when feasible. If the v command is included, it should be used to scale a small 5-6ft wall.

Edited by echosixgolf

I wasn't picking you up on the term. Call it whatever the hell you like for all I care. I was talking about the topic of people being scared that ragdoll will mean over exaggerated deaths. We agree on that, fine. I wasn't being personal.

Ok no hard feelings mate, it was just like i put my 2 cents in like i thought it was the ragdoll issue is something i rather not want to discuss because it is a never ending story to be honnest ;-)

Oh, I also want to see an epic campaign. And when I say epic. I mean OFP level of epicness and size.

Ok no hard feelings mate, it was just like i put my 2 cents in like i thought it was the ragdoll issue is something i rather not want to discuss because it is a never ending story to be honnest ;-)

No worries! And I guess we'll see a few more never ending stories until Arma3 is released next year. :lecture:

Oh, I also want to see an epic campaign. And when I say epic. I mean OFP level of epicness and size.

If BIS can't make world war 3 epic, no one can. :p But they've got a clean slate with Arma 3, i've got high hopes for the campaign.

Multi monitor compatibility. Ie. the ability to use a second monitor for maps or vehicle controls.

Continued TrackIR support.

Much bigger maps, something like 4 times the size of Chernarus (including the unmapped area around the north and west.)

More realistic, and correct sounds as well as echo's when in built up areas.

Vehicle breakdowns and more realistic vehicle damage.

Keep the currant mission editor, but also include a simple editor for idiots (ME!!)

More realistic AI reactions.

And a voucher for a free Ferrari in the box!!

Brian :)

Please, not a futuristic game!

Actual gear is better...

No worries! And I guess we'll see a few more never ending stories until Arma3 is released next year. :lecture:

Yeah you have a point there, its already bugging me off :( i really don't like it at all how this is going overal, one day the game is out " i jumped to conclusions on the first pick my self and i was :o " in the end i had something like who am i to judge on a few pictures.

Make weapons with attachments modular! We don't need 100 different weapons!

That is to say, pick a gun, pick you attachments To that gun. Not 10 of the same with variations. They are modular in real life, so why can't they be here?

That is to say, pick a gun, pick you attachments To that gun. Not 10 of the same with variations. They are modular in real life, so why can't they be here?

Maybe they will, we don't know that for sure. They told actualy verry little about content they only told about the basics the game will bring and some pictures ;-)

actualy what you are saying here is not that bad off an id have an M4 and all the extras to add and choose and thus so for every modular rifle and pistol in game. even better have the option to take a few modular peaces with you in your backpack when needed like a supressor scope nvg scope and so on just saying you have a lot of possibilities that way if you are making a black op mission and so on. You can go loud but you can go silent also.

Sychronise also the team leaders commands with this and also Ai behaviour when the situation asks it that Ai will also order this on the team members when needed?

example:

group attach silencers
or
2 attach nvg scope
or
4 activate laser beam

and so on just an id ..

Edited by KBourne

M16A2s and A4s

Ability to mod your gun as you go through the battlefield

Remove your scope to switch to ironsight quickly on the field

Hiding your pistol if it's your only weapon or put it into a holster

Fast ropes

Rappeling

Grappling Hooks

A climb over feature

Smoother gameplay, so I don't feel like a robot

Animations that aren't slow as hell.

Animations that make me feel like i'm in the military not an 80 year old man

Maybe the ability to build your own barracades

Loading equipment into vehicles

Being able to construct a FOB in MP, with wires, h-barriers, hedgehog steel

Wire cutters

Some C4 that can be used for breaching doors/blowing up walls.

A sliding animation

Flashbangs, and wall hugging

Attachable and detachable silencers, like Rainbow six.

Animations for a human ladder to boost people over high walls or onto rooftops.

More fortifications in the editor that can be used for making FOBs.

Edited by SGTIce

My top 5 wishlist:

Underwater warfare (Should be confirmed, due to the released picture)

More animations!

Being able to change weapon while running/walking

Improved performance.

More focus on the Naval part of the game. We got tons of tanks, cars and airplanes for battle, but barely any fighting on the sea.

The ability to cancel an action (standing around loading more link into a GPMG) and do something like dive for fuckin cover before you get shot to shit by the Tunguska thats just appeared round the corner!!!!

• Customizable Soldier Load - choose your uniform, assemble your weapon kit, change your loadout, get encumbered.

^^ Hopefully this is implemented ans what they mean by the above.

In terms of classnames for weapons it will be hell though, I guess a new code would have to be created to add it to the addWeapon, speaking in a mission editing/custom loadouts perspective...

Hi there

I would like to see a build in Voice activation application by BIS without having to use a 3rd party tool.

I wish that once and for all the AI driving issue could be fixed. Convoys with mixed vehicles is still a pain in my opinion.

I would like to see more animations especially for cutscenes.

I would love to see some naval warfare.

I would love to see an ingame build briefing manager.

3d editor

Would like to see some more mission video tutorials, editor related . . .how to achieve certain effects ingame.

That's all I can think of now.:)

kind regards

Here is my wishlist (I know some of those are arleady more or less confirmed so don't flame me):

- Please optimise engine! Random FPS drops and mouse lag (even on strong machines) is my main gripe with Arma titles. Please take full advantage of dual and quad cpu's.

- Improve character control and animations, especially animations blending.

- Please add realistic reloading and weapon handling animations! Specific for each weapon.

- Please improve sounds, those in Arma2 are much better than Arma1, but still there's room for lots of improvements.

- Please add physics and ragdoll.

- Please add realistic gore, realistic wounds and dismemberment.

- Please add modular vehicles damage system.

- Please allow us to fully customise our characters. Let us decide what weapon attachements we want to use and even fully customise our amunition. If I want to use full magazine of tracers in my M4, let me have it ;)

Edited by Kirq

- Meeleee: Give us a Knife, some Bayonetts and the possiblity to hit someone with a fist or rifle. (dont make it a too useful and common action though, just for real stealth or emergency)

I disagree with this one. I know this has been a point of contention for a long time, but I really don't see a knife as being all that useful. I fear that knives will make it too much like Battlefield or CoD. I just get a bad vibe when I hear about knife kills.

- Bigger Multiplayer capabilities How about a server with 200 Ppl PvP, and stratagic Warefare + Logistic Problems + Medevac

I have been thinking the same thing. See my thread here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=119359

I would LOVE to see MP (specifically warfare) expanded to not only be more realistic, but to also include more players, and a more persistent and believable war scenario.

;1931451']
  • Customizable Soldier Load - choose your uniform' date=' [u']assemble your weapon kit[/u], change your loadout, get encumbered.

^^ Hopefully this is implemented ans what they mean by the above.

In terms of classnames for weapons it will be hell though, I guess a new code would have to be created to add it to the addWeapon, speaking in a mission editing/custom loadouts perspective...

From a non-scripters perspective I always felt that the editor could be made a lot better. Having a gui inventory for every soldier and a "drag-n-drop" style of adding thngs from a list. This makes sense if they also include a proper 3D editor. Placing things in buildings is not an easy thing to do atm, and frankly, not everyone can design a good mission just because they don't have the know how. I've tried so many times, but my ambitions get trampled by my limited expertise.

I have a huge list. Of course I would like the game to scale down better than ArmA 2 so it will at least run on my mere AMD 965 and my planned upgrade to a GTX 560 2GB.

Aside from that I will summarize my most wanted changes:

1) AI. Make it more intelligent. AI has issues driving in convoys and aiming in ArmA 2.

2) Command interface. Quick and easy. It could be easy to keep the traditional style but also add a Raven Shield style radial.

3) Weapon animations. 2011-2012 games should at least provide their own set per weapon. Model them accurately. It should take far longer to reload an M240 than an M4. This should be modelled in a simulator.

4) Smooth ironsight to scope switching like in RO2.

5) 3D scopes.

6) Mission editor updates. Being able to load out the soldiers/vehicles in the editor without using the clumsy script system, having a 3D view mode to place structures so you're not playing them overlapping ect.

Other less important improvements I would like to see:

7) More smooth and easy grenade throwing around corners. Tossing a grenade inside of a room seems too difficult.

8) RO2 style weapon collision. In ArmA 1 your player would get stuck... in ArmA 2 is is essentially gone. RO2 goes a good job of this from the videos. I want to feel a difference between an M4 and M240 in door to door combat.

9) More customizable loadouts.

10) Usable weapon lights and lasers on the same weapon.

11) Customizable weapons. Nothing crazy. Keep it realistic. This way we don't have to shift through "M4 Eotech, M4 Eotech SD, M4 Eotech M203, M4 Eotech M203 SD" ect.

12) Better vehicle physics. I don't need them to be simulator like, but right now I don't feel like I am driving a tank.

13) Better armor modeling on the tanks.

If they could even implement half of these things in ArmA 2 CO and charge $10-20 I'd pay now.

If they get most of these done in ArmA 3 it would likely be a day 1 purchase for me. :)

Edited by Flogger23m

I read a lot of the posts, and added already some wishes to my first post. Ill add more tomorrow. Hope some Devs look by here some time and take some ideas with them :)

I think we can all agree on netcode improvements, many of us will enjoy ragdoll as long as it does not compromise for massive fps/ server playablitity. Weapon attachments, underwater and cave bttles, the same mission editor, ut maybe with an easy to use 3D option and an equiptment menu in the units section (I mean you can select what faction, what type of soldier, but not what weapon, this feature would make the editor fast to use, using this addWeapon "x"; is tedious and should only be used in called functions not in a unit's init field.), better animations that interact with the environment. AI improvements, many mods have increased the AI's realism although the new AI should not be super intelligent, i.e. detect you form a certain range, they should have a LoS and a simulated hearing system which they use primarilly to detect enemies. Also a new sound engine would be nice. I mean, with mods like RWS for small arms and JSRS for vehicles and explosions, the sounds are very close to real.... but combine this with a 3d sound system, where echos and distant plops are changed depending on the surrounding environment and you have an awesome sound system. I do not reeaaally care for the sounds themself though as sound modders will probably do a better job/impriove on what BIS has done, but sonic cracks need to be very loud, scary and realistic even in vanilla arma 3. In My opinion wounds and ballistics are the most improtant (next to netcoding) feature that should be updated though. Read page 7 of this thread to get a better idea of what I mean.

So:

100% must have otherwise you will lose all support from everyone!!!:

Keep it up BIS. Keep the awesome initiative, keep the modding capablities, don't ever ever ever try and atempt to go any more main streme than you are now, as no mainstreme gamer will pick this over battlefield 3 or BF2 project reality, only serious gamers will buy arma 3 so keep it awesome and never go mainstreme. Please do not make super futurisic and give ranodm guns to random factions (cough CoD) and keep authenticity and real life technology please. Near furture is cool but no Tom Clansy super HUD visor shit please. If that stuff is in developement let it be developed and tested first and let modders make it so players have a choice. Please and thankyou :)

1.Netcoding redone:

Seriously BIS please test on slower internet. Sweden, USA, UK and many asian countries have sweet internet, but many other countries like Australia, New Zealand and many more have shity internet (I download at 400 kb/s on armaholic on a good day) so that all shots will register etc etc.

2. Wounds, treatment, hitlocations etc:

See page 7 for details, but for quick recap:

Wounds shoudl be modelled and able to be treated. Bleeding, pain, agony states, unconsciousness, cardiac arrest, shock, not breathing. Then field dressings, tourniquets, hemostatic clotting agents, IV/plasma, morphine, AEDs (little defibs for cardiac arrest), smelling salts, and surgery/simple first aid (CPR, clamping arteries, putting pressure on wounds, breathin aparatus being applied, advanced surgery for internal bleeding etc). All of this can be modelled in an extremely similar way to how ACE has done their woudning system, although more detail would be needed. This would be very simple to make and with help from actual army medics and people with knowledge on the opic wounds could be a lot more awesome. Imagine a mission like warfare, MSO or any other mission allowing you to create or play out your own patrols/objectives how you want and not along a certain path. Now imagine with this new system missions would be a lot more realistic. Medical facilities would be taken into account, and a wounded machine gunner may force the squad to ditch their current mission in order to safely get him medicl attention, a proper medic and help from everyone else would be required and this would be a very realistic situation.

Different types of ammunition can also be modelled, (ball, hollow point, armor piercing etc) and differnt ammo effects could be modelled too. Think of a similar damage formula to thast of ACE2's. It has an additional damage value in the ammo's config known as "vehicleDamage". Give an ammo a fragmentation, tumbling, expanding, incindary, bodyarmorDamage, vehicleDamage and regular damage value WILL greatly increase the realisim and possibilities. A formula could then easilly be created that effects damage, penetration of body armour, fragmentation, tumbling and so on depending on the round's velocity when it hits the target. Yes ACE uses stuff like energy transfer and bullet coefficient in it's formulas, although arma 3 may not need this because with any knowledge of how a round behaves at certain speeds using a formula to determain what you already know is pointless. Just edit the starting damage values to how it behaves (fragmenting, tumbling etc) and the overall damage value to whatever will work with the rest of the formula to provide realistic results. (In real life no ammo has a damage value, so therefore giving an unusually high alue to a round but allowing it to be drastically affected by its velocity in order to provide much more realistic end results is a good idea.)

A unit will not die froma ccumulated hitpoint damage, instead they will die from stuff like cardiac arrest, not breathing, shots to head and CNS and extreme bloodloss.

3.Simulated Vehicle and Armor damage.

ACE did a decent job with this but for an infantry sim armor damage could be done much better. Using real world data, damage done to a vehicle (such as fires, mobilitty and firepower kills, destroying ammo storage, crew damage etc) would depend on what type of ammunition was used against what armor and what speed the round was going at when it hit the specific location at a specific angle.

Then more destruction effects like vehicle fires and mobility kills could be added instead of a destroyed tank going black and just blowing up after being shot with a non-explosive round one too many times.

4.Animations that work with the environemnt.

A climb over or wall hug animation would not only make the CQB better, the game smoother and cooler but also more realistic. If you automaticall lower weapon at a wall in order to fit the game will not be as clunky yet still be good unlike CoD where your weapon just ghosts its way through aa way as you sideways walk inside.

5. Underground, caves and underwater warfare added.

Not much explainign needed here, this would simple be awesome.

6. Physics. This would be awesome alsong as no major stress is put on servers and clients. I.e. major lag. Also ability to turn off maybe?

Thanks heaps, my friends and I have a fair bit of knowledge of ammunition and wounds/treatment (some being involved in the field of medicine) and would love to help and give detailed ideas. If any Dev sees this and would like more suggestions maybe a wounding thread could be started? Please and thankyou BIS, keep it up and un-mainstreme :D

Edited by Tom1