Who here wants accurate depiction of battlefeild violence  

695 members have voted

1. 1. Who here wants accurate depiction of battlefeild violence

• I want to full gore
    • i want to see it toned down a bit , but i want dismemberment
    • i dont want realistic wounds

This gore system would be ideal.

iUSuBqilLBQ&feature=related

Cool damaged vehicle model in that video. Ugly fire though.

That gore was icky, don't know how that guy maintained still having one leg.

don't know how that guy maintained still having one leg.

I think that the dismemberment system is pretty basic in vbs. If dismemberment occurs it occurs pretty much in the same way every time. I could be totally wrong but it doesn't seem too dynamic from the couple of vids I have watched.

This gore system would be ideal.

Yes, it would definitely beat what we have today. And if combined with ragdolls physix I think it would look even better. And with some more realistic wounding ie. incapacitation, and stabilizing + medavacing soldiers even if they are not going to be effective in the battle anymore, This could add tons of immersion, gameplay challenges and realism.

One thing I like about this gore is that it doesn't glorify it like in cod and what not. The bllod however looks a bit over done and "gamey".

I wonder if the ace 3 mod will try to add dismemberment and integrate it with their more complex wounding system(assuming they make one).

The vehicle destruction was awesome! Even with terrain deformation!

I think that the dismemberment system is pretty basic in vbs. If dismemberment occurs it occurs pretty much in the same way every time. I could be totally wrong but it doesn't seem too dynamic from the couple of vids I have watched.

Yes, it would definitely beat what we have today. And if combined with ragdolls physix I think it would look even better. And with some more realistic wounding ie. incapacitation, and stabilizing + medavacing soldiers even if they are not going to be effective in the battle anymore, This could add tons of immersion, gameplay challenges and realism.

One thing I like about this gore is that it doesn't glorify it like in cod and what not. The bllod however looks a bit over done and "gamey".

I wonder if the ace 3 mod will try to add dismemberment and integrate it with their more complex wounding system(assuming they make one).

That dismemberment is in VBS2 ,because Army is practicing the medevac situations

and i doubt that ace will add that feature ,because they don't want it

Edited by RobertHammer

and i doubt that ace will add that feature ,because they don't want it

fair enough.

That dismemberment is in VBS2 ,because Army is practicing the medevac situations

yes I understand that. pretty much everything implemented in vbs is implemented because the army does it. but does this mean that dismemberment shouldn't be implemented because the average arma player won't be dealing with medevac situations?

yes I understand that. pretty much everything implemented in vbs is implemented because the army does it. but does this mean that dismemberment shouldn't be implemented because the average arma player won't be dealing with medevac situations?

No, because even if it does it is NOT called "practice meant to save a life in a real situation". I wish you lads stop comparing VBS2 with A2, bar maybe the technology part...

No, because even if it does it is NOT called "practice meant to save a life in a real situation". I wish you lads stop comparing VBS2 with A2, bar maybe the technology part...

Not really trying to say "VBS2 has it so arma has got to have it too!". I am just trying to point out that some people would enjoy having to deal with these situations in arma even though they may never be faced with these situations in reality. Not only is it immersive but it also adds more gameplay challenges.

But over all I know that BIS isn't implementing it and I respect that decision.

I am just trying to point out that some people would enjoy having to deal with these situations in arma even though they may never be faced with these situations in reality.

Well the poll results support your point, over 75% of the Arma community is in favour of full gore. In business terms I think gore is a feature BIS should take into deep consideration because most customers clearly want it.

Well the poll results support your point, over 75% of the Arma community is in favour of full gore. In business terms I think gore is a feature BIS should take into deep consideration because most customers clearly want it.

BIS devs expressed numerous times their point on this: no matter how hard one cries for it, is NOT gonna happen (not in vanilla anyways).

I would guess BIS doesn't follow the your generic business model, or they would have delivered a console version long time ago.

Your average arma player wants this from BIS:

yYghG.jpg

which is hardly possible,

I for one am NOT against it, nor for it. BUT i do respect their decisions of NOT including dismemberment and full gore, or children and women in combat roles.

Just look on CS:Source, ragdoll is good but without wounds thats looks like a dolls nah! But VBS have that feature (gore), why Arma3 not?!

- in game settings add ability to turn off/on gore or set this feature to password (CS) parrent control! OR add that as module! for mission developers its good feature, disable or enable, because different public servers childrens visiting some times too. Just give controlf of this feature for community!

Just look on CS:Source, ragdoll is good but without wounds thats looks like a dolls nah! But VBS have that feature (gore), why Arma3 not?!

- in game settings add ability to turn off/on gore or set this feature to password (CS) parrent control! OR add that as module! for mission developers its good feature, disable or enable, because different public servers childrens visiting some times too. Just give controlf of this feature for community!

It'll be good, the most opportunities the better. But I really don't like gore.

It'll be good, the most opportunities the better. But I really don't like gore.

!you're one but us more!

If you dont wish use that, just disable in you settings, or dont visit servers where gore used!

Its a simple solution, Right Gentelmens?!

!you're one but us more!

If you dont wish use that, just disable in you settings, or dont visit servers where gore used!

Its a simple solution, Right Gentelmens?!

That it is sir! Features should never be cut because a small minority doesnt want it especialy when it can easily be a in game toggle.

That it is sir! Features should never be cut because a small minority doesnt want it especialy when it can easily be a in game toggle.

Yes but the fact is that the developers don't want this and in the end it is their game to do what they like with. So right now imo this thread is for wishful thinking and wishful discusion. Whether arma 3 will have dismemberment out of the box has been decided.

BIS devs expressed numerous times their point on this: no matter how hard one cries for it, is NOT gonna happen (not in vanilla anyways).

I would guess BIS doesn't follow the your generic business model, or they would have delivered a console version long time ago.

Your average arma player wants this from BIS:

http://i.imgur.com/yYghG.jpg

which is hardly possible

The moderators have left this thread open for the community to discuss accurate representation of weapon systems effects on the body so please quit pestering the discussion with petty annoyances.

I for one am NOT against it, nor for it.

Your inability to make a decision renders your comments here purposeless.

The moderators have left this thread open for the community to discuss accurate representation of weapon systems effects on the body so please quit pestering the discussion with petty annoyances.

Think he's just tired of people demanding bi put gore into arma 3 when they already say its not happening. What do guys think of these suggestions? For arma 3 which don't involve dismemberment/gore?

If fore not be realised, community do it again :D as SLX!

And VBS have that, but why arma must dont have it?!

My variant is Gore as module for mission developers, or ingame parameters!

GORE - MUST HAVE!

Many other games have many other features, why should Arma 3 have them all?

VBS is not Arma, like GTA is not Arma, right?

If fore not be realised, community do it again :D as SLX!

My variant is Gore as module for mission developers, or ingame parameters!

GORE - MUST HAVE!

Anyways personally i m not happy even with VBS_Gore version for a 'simulator' or 'game' in 2012

Lots of times i saw more gore in a less simulator software.

This poll shows only the result of those who vote but assuming that "over 75% of the Arma community is in favour of full gore" is a bit far-fetched. Most people can and do enjoy games without excessive bloodshed/blood sfx or flying limbs + skulls. How is it great or fun to watch someone get his body tear apart or blown into pieces? Will the average player like to see himself suffering from pain or will he like to be stuck in agony for the rest of the mission? How much does the player know about proper medical treatment and the real time needed to heal wounds/psyche/soul? Instead of adding "full gore" I hope that BIS will develop their wound and first aid system (incl. to carry wounded).

This poll shows only the result of those who vote but assuming that "over 75% of the Arma community is in favour of full gore" is a bit far-fetched.

The poll results indicate that the figure is actually higher than 75%. 532 people have so far voted in favor of dismemberment v's 48 against. Can you provide any evidence that is in dispute with the poll results? or are you just making a baseless assumption.

Dismemberment:

Dismemberment is really only useful ingame if part of the game involves medical procedures like medevac. Other than that it only really provides visual immersion. As such I guess it can be left to modders to implement seeing as the devs have said the new animation system allows for that.

Gore:

Aside from the necessary visual cues of death and injury, excessive gore is just a gimmick. IMO the ragdoll system and the current blood texture replacement will give all the gore necessary for gameplay.

Blood splatter:

I am in favour of blood splatter. It's usually one of the first things I like to implement where possible. Directional blood splatter allows you to analyse a location and work out a possible scenario including direction of incoming rounds, which I find very useful.

I have also found very useful to have blood trails from wounded units. I have tracked down wounded AI both friendly and enemy using SLX blood trails, and it increased gameplay by quite a lot.

Dismemberment:

Dismemberment is really only useful ingame if part of the game involves medical procedures like medevac. Other than that it only really provides visual immersion. As such I guess it can be left to modders to implement seeing as the devs have said the new animation system allows for that.

Gore:

Aside from the necessary visual cues of death and injury, excessive gore is just a gimmick. IMO the ragdoll system and the current blood texture replacement will give all the gore necessary for gameplay.

Blood splatter:

I am in favour of blood splatter. It's usually one of the first things I like to implement where possible. Directional blood splatter allows you to analyse a location and work out a possible scenario including direction of incoming rounds, which I find very useful.

I have also found very useful to have blood trails from wounded units. I have tracked down wounded AI both friendly and enemy using SLX blood trails, and it increased gameplay by quite a lot.

^this

and the most valid point against gore/dismemberment:

How are you going to heal your buddy if he is blown to pieces?

Imagine MP with that. "Oh I magically reattached his leg" no thanks...

^this

and the most valid point against gore/dismemberment:

How are you going to heal your buddy if he is blown to pieces?

Imagine MP with that. "Oh I magically reattached his leg" no thanks...

+1 to this