guiltyspark

Ragdolls = In .... Realistic wounds ???

Who here wants accurate depiction of battlefeild violence  

695 members have voted

1. 1. Who here wants accurate depiction of battlefeild violence

• I want to full gore
    • i want to see it toned down a bit , but i want dismemberment
    • i dont want realistic wounds

Modders will have the ability to make dismemberment but from what I hear it is a very long process where they literally have to make a model for every possible wounds, for all the different types of units - so even if we do get some form of dismemberment it probably won't work for every unit in game let alone modded units.

Actually, a dev was quoted a while back saying that even though there won't be any major gore/dismemberment etc. in the vanilla game, modding such things in should be much easier than in the previous games.

This is just a guess, but I bet it has something to do with the implementation of uniform customization and swapping on the fly, which could allow modders to create custom "gore uniforms" and apply them to units that take heavy hits.

BIS have already anounced that, not only gore, but also enlisted women and children will not appear in the game. But VBS is not a game.

You know whats funny? When I was a teenager I thought that the effects in Soldier of Fortune were very cool, but now I really don´t care if a game has gore or not.

I actually like the way BIS handles it. But I would like better Blood Effects. For example if an enemy is standing in front of a wall and I shoot him, the wall should have blood on it.

But I would like better Blood Effects.For example if an enemy is standing in front of a wall and I shoot him, the wall should have blood on it.

Agreed. I'd also like to see wounds that appear in the correct location and of the appropriate size.

Not only would these add to immersion but they would also add some gameplay uses. It would help determine the direction of shooters and help if a more complex wounding system is implemented.

@antoineflemming

Yes that's a good point. Modders could just make a couple generic dismbered beyond recognition models that could be applied to all units.

@maddogx

I hope your right.

Actually, a dev was quoted a while back saying that even though there won't be any major gore/dismemberment etc. in the vanilla game, modding such things in should be much easier than in the previous games.

This is just a guess, but I bet it has something to do with the implementation of uniform customization and swapping on the fly, which could allow modders to create custom "gore uniforms" and apply them to units that take heavy hits.

Good thinking, you may be onto something here.

On a related note, I wonder if there will be any restrictions to using bloody enemy uniforms in terms of stealth. Has there been any more recent hint on that?

Well to be honest I don´t really think that this "use enemy uniform" thing will be used very often. I guess we will see it in one campaign mission and maybe in a few user made missions. And seriously, how are you going to get an enemy uniform without killing the guy wearing it (yes this is pretty unrealistic since the uniform would be full of blood)? I would like if BIS takes a different approach to that, it would be perfect if the player has to steal the uniform prior to wearing it. The player has to sneak into a camp and steal the uniform while the owner is showering, or the player spots a squad of enemys who have taken off their uniforms to go for a swim in the sea, he then has to take them out and gets a nice clean uniform without blood on it. Much more believable BIS!

And seriously, how are you going to get an enemy uniform without killing the guy wearing it (yes this is pretty unrealistic since the uniform would be full of blood)?

Who knows, maybe it's possible to strangle or poison people, or somehow make them pass out without a bloody mess. It's the future after all, so maybe there are some interesting weapons for this :p

I think it's a fun thing to at least have available in the game, so I'm not complaining. You'll just have to use some imagination when doing it.

On topic I really hope someone would mod possible dismemberment. I'd definitely make all my units support it!

Gentlemen, I present to you the Taser XREP. I can already envision it, shooting a guy with a shotgun after which he gets ragdolled and drops to the ground all shakey.

Because ArmA 3 should be a sadism simulator. Unless there is a comprehensive medic simulation I don't see the use.

I couldn't find the user with the signature that says "It's a simulator Add all the things" so I'll just post the core image.

misc-all-the-things.jpg

EDIT: Deleted, way off topic..:o

Edited by Clarkey1

Because ArmA 3 should be a sadism simulator. Unless there is a comprehensive medic simulation I don't see the use.

The real war has more brutality and sadism then ALL brutal/horor/sadism games together in world.

Making ArmA3 as-real-as-it-gets will make happy the sadistic (or/and masochistic) lunatics of the world

while simultaneously can show the CoD like freaks(i.e.) a "photorealistic" day in a war.

So..

+1 to butcher's playground

--------------

Oh..i forgot!..

+1 to medic sim also..

The real war has more brutality and sadism then ALL brutal/horor/sadism games together in world.

Making ArmA3 as-real-as-it-gets will make happy the sadistic (or/and masochistic) lunatics of the world

while simultaneously can show the CoD like freaks(i.e.) a "photorealistic" day in a war.

So..

+1 to butcher's playground

--------------

Oh..i forgot!..

+1 to medic sim also..

This ^ and even though Fox 09 was against the idea I do like his medic sim proposal.

War games should allways have a well done damage and wounding system because guess what? War is not pritty you dont shoot somone and have sparks or rainbows fly out and when you point a gun at somone you damn well better be ready to deal with the consequences of pulling the trigger. When somone is shot in ARMA 3 it shouldnt look like they fell asleep it should look like it does in real life.

Edited by BMFer

And seriously, how are you going to get an enemy uniform without killing the guy wearing it (yes this is pretty unrealistic since the uniform would be full of blood)?

:cool:

If people can't play + enjoy a game without extented gore/blood features they need to take some of the other pills. Perhaps these players are already somewhat desensitized/callousted? How much players will be affected if they are forced to use the "full gore/blood brutality pack" - some "light" variant of PTSD? Or just getting a little bit dull and numb?

I don't think,it's about enjoyment, but immersion. I remember Amy years ago playing OFP. I was in a pitched battle and pinned behind a small rise. Suddenly a couple AH-1s swooped in firing their 20mm and destroyed the enemy force. As I moved out there was an destroyed Ural and the driver had the wounded skins on his head and was halfway out the windshield. It just hit me at that moment. I was pinned down under heavy fire and was saved by the helicopters and the realities of brutality of war was in front of me. It was a pretty heavy moment and I was sucked into the game at the time. Very few games have that effect and the brutality of combat is important in conveying the cost. It's about immersion, not coolness.

Left 4 Dead have full gore and even little kids play it. I think is just for immersion, just let the option to enable or not gore and that's all.

Left 4 Dead have full gore and even little kids play it. I think is just for immersion, just let the option to enable or not gore and that's all.

Kids can see horror movies in secret too. My opinion is, give the gore feature to MODs, but not in vanilla game.

My opinion is, give the gore feature to MODs, but not in vanilla game.
Yeah I don't mind keeping the dismemberment part out of the main game but come on, the blood effects could really be improved upon. I mean if anything there is to much blood spray when you shoot someone and it just looks stupid. It should look more like this mod http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14522 (only using the slx lite pbo. really suggest trying it. It can at times be buggy when blood splatters on walls but effects are much better. Its also only visual aspects of the slx wounding.)

And adding proper locational wounds, and blood trails, splatters on walls etc. will increase immersion, and overall awesomeness by a ton. I mean If these were implemented I could spend hours just examining how a battle between two ai teams platyed out. And lets face it, when it comes to the younger audience (teens) the blood and effects will draw alot more attraction to the game. I

guarantee you many of the teens who saw the arma 2 ad made their decision not to get the game when they saw the crappy blood effects and awkward death animation. Its unfortunate but it's true.

Edited by -Coulum-

I mean if anything there is to much blood spray when you shoot someone and it just looks stupid.

If I recall correctly a dev word on that, he said something along the lines of blood spray making it easier for the player to see hits over distance. It is an old issue (CWC old)... not a bug, just a bit unrealistic feature.

That guy at the top left? If that's blood spray I think it is much improved and looks far more realistic. not a huge fountain of blood like a2 but rather a fine mist. Great.

@Myshaak

yeah I kind of figured that. even more reason to get rid of it in my opinion. We shouldn't need "hit indicators" like certain other games do, even if they are less noticeable.

Edited by -Coulum-

Enjoy.

I might be wimpy but I find this sort of thing kind of nauseating. And frankly happy if BIS keeps it the way it is.