guiltyspark

Ragdolls = In .... Realistic wounds ???

Who here wants accurate depiction of battlefeild violence  

695 members have voted

1. 1. Who here wants accurate depiction of battlefeild violence

• I want to full gore
    • i want to see it toned down a bit , but i want dismemberment
    • i dont want realistic wounds

IIRC they also said it would be easier/possible to mod in.......SOLUS!!!!!!!

I do remember something to that effect, so at the very least it would be possible to mod in like in SLX. But BIS will not put it in vanilla, which they have made abundantly clear.

I am happy to hear that rag dolls are included in ARMA III it will really add to the immersion into the game IMO, I would think it could be modded in fairly easily people have done the same thing with lots of games over the years and since its client side people who want it can have and those who don't want can stay away. now we just need to find a good modder to do it right :D

I guess you are talking about missing body parts being modded in?

And just trust me on this, it's not easy.

Good Point I spoke to quickly on that, but for years I have seen mods for many games that add this in and people do very good jobs at this so I hope someone can do this. that would be a better way to put it

I say yes to the gore, much more immersive...if they put dayz (which as nothing to do with arma) as official part of gameplay I don't see why don't put gore at this point...or not? :)

Edited by Babylonjoke

With all the improvements in game play DayZ would be amazing! I don't see why they wouldn't upgrade at some point if its not included and add in the gore.

The next big step in FPS shooters will be site specific injuries that effect you ability to walk/run or hold your weapon correctly etc.. And only a medic can heal you back up. That way no more shooting a guy a few times and seeing him run off as if nothing happened.

The next big step in FPS shooters will be site specific injuries that effect you ability to walk/run or hold your weapon correctly etc.. And only a medic can heal you back up. That way no more shooting a guy a few times and seeing him run off as if nothing happened.

Check VBS 2.0 video in preview page...VBS did a big jump forward there.

VBS and Arma are sharing contents ... right?

Why Arma3 then don't have this kida of stuffs, this kinda of wound system...that's something that I don't get...clarification anyone?

The next big step in FPS shooters will be site specific injuries that effect you ability to walk/run or hold your weapon correctly etc..

Played Cold War Crisis (2000), by any chance? Or even the original Ghost Recon or Rainbow Six?

Everyone who's been forced to crawl kilometers to an objective on Everon, been unable to aim an SVD for shit due to a peppered arm or felt bad for your buddies as they limped past in GR or R6 knows that this "next big step" was introduced at least a decade ago... rather, the simplification of games to appeal to the masses has seen it disappear off the scope in recent times.

The ArmA series as an exception, of course.

now that we are after E3.. have devs said any word in any video over how much detailed will the blood\injuries be?

i think i remind myself they talked in the last german interview (the underwater one)

a littlebit over the wounding system

I have said this multiple times, but I think as it has been stated, and I am paraphrasing here "the most realistic military simulator" has a moral imperative to include realistic wounding. War is not nice. It is the worst thing humankind can engage in and it is bloody, violent, and disturbing.

For a game that gets everything else pretty right, it is the most sterile of the combat games out there, making the whole endeavor of death and destruction almost pervertedly clean.

For a game that gets everything else pretty right, it is the most sterile of the combat games out there, making the whole endeavor of death and destruction almost pervertedly clean.

Yes, I remember that Goldeneye N64 was very similar. The violence felt very clinical and there was a disconnect between doing something really violent (like shooting somebody with the grenade launcher) and the sad, slow way that the man you pointed it at fell to the floor.

These guys have got the silly death anims nailed to a T:

7RR5V0rmN4o

I think that was more because of Nintendo's aversion to gore rather than limitations of the game itself. IIRC there were some pretty bloody games available even back then.

Haha DA! I'm can only imagine the look on the face of the office manager returning to find his employee's up to this^ when he steps out.

I think ragdoll will help with variety and gravity -what else are you guys wanting to see? Dismemberment? Specific hit bleedouts etc?

I havent read all 57 pages so im sure someones already said this but my problem with full gore and loss of limbs etc is for me it wouldnt add anything to the game that made me think oh this is great and secondly how would the medic system work if a guy loses an arm or a leg but is still alive? Realistically that guy would be pulled off the battlefield and taken to a hospital and never enter the battlefield again so this is what i mean by wanting gore as its "realistic" but then i assume you would want a medic to run over and magicly reattach limbs so you can run off 10 seconds later?

For me realistic rag dolls and body wounds/blood would be more than enough.

I havent read all 57 pages so im sure someones already said this but my problem with full gore and loss of limbs etc is for me it wouldnt add anything to the game that made me think oh this is great and secondly how would the medic system work if a guy loses an arm or a leg but is still alive? Realistically that guy would be pulled off the battlefield and taken to a hospital and never enter the battlefield again so this is what i mean by wanting gore as its "realistic" but then i assume you would want a medic to run over and magicly reattach limbs so you can run off 10 seconds later?

For me realistic rag dolls and body wounds/blood would be more than enough.

I wouldn't care if its implemented in the game, but i'd like it be something that more realistic addons could implement.

I wouldn't care if its implemented in the game, but i'd like it be something that more realistic addons could implement.

Yes I'm sure a realistic wounds mod would be very warmly welcomed.

I'm pretty sure they said it definitely won't be implemented in the release but that they will give the moddability

I hope it will be easily modable in the sense that makers should be able to be client side, this fact i think is very important.

It will be disappointing for those who would like to have some kind of realistic body damage mod it but cannot because of server restrictions.

What I hope to see is at least bleeding from the place where you were hit (not "clean"\"bloody" body parts texture) and some gore (since you cant be hit with a tank shell and still have all of your body parts..)

I'm pretty sure they said it definitely won't be implemented in the release but that they will give the moddability

^^ This. Something along those lines was in PurePassion's report from Gamescon last year.

I doubt BIS will ever add excessive gore to the vanilla content anyway, if only for the fear of the game being banned in certain countries, like Germany. Not to mention they've repeatedly said that they don't find it necessary.