guiltyspark

Ragdolls = In .... Realistic wounds ???

Who here wants accurate depiction of battlefeild violence  

695 members have voted

1. 1. Who here wants accurate depiction of battlefeild violence

• I want to full gore
    • i want to see it toned down a bit , but i want dismemberment
    • i dont want realistic wounds

Whirly, I just quoted this guy who wrote post #409 and there are many people who just enjoy the game and look forward to A3 without voting for feature X or feature Y or act like a little kid "OMFG, MUST HAVE!!1!11, vote Full .... now!" Its just how representative/biased such (game) forum polls really are... I hope that BIS knows how much "gore" they want to sell with A3. ;)

Gore and heavy wounds be good only if creature fully died by hard damage!

tank shell hited in head, no head, soldier died!

ONLY IF DIED BY HEAVE DAMAGE!

Gore and heavy wounds be good only if creature fully died by hard damage!

tank shell hited in head, no head, soldier died!

ONLY IF DIED BY HEAVE DAMAGE!

well...+1

In conjunction with the: "New animations system allows that.." that opens possibilities to the sickest-real life imagination

i can live with that..

And again guys to quote myself:

How are you going to heal your buddy if he is blown to pieces?[/b]

Imagine MP with that. "Oh I magically reattached his leg" no thanks...

Is this too much, too little or good enough for you? (Dunno what happened there, a bug probably)

IMO RO1 system was better, you get better blood stains\dripping (If I had to choose from blood stains and dismemberment, i would go with blood..) and gore.

If we don´t get any type of dismemberment, what will happen when an IED\bomb explodes next to a soldier? Something like

? Thats idiotic.
And again guys to quote myself:

He dies, game over. Avoid high calibers\explosives next time ;)

He dies, game over. Avoid high calibers\explosives next time [/Quote]

Exactly. Or better yet, for realism freaks like me if the guy is not dead but out of action you stabilize him as best as possible call in a madevac and ship him off.

If you really want revivals make it so all medevaced soldiers can respawn as reinforcement at certain checkpoints in the game. Anyways medevacs don't really have to do with this and I know many people wouldn't want all that work in a mission for virtually no reward. But in my opinion

How are you going to heal your buddy if he is blown to pieces?[/b]

Imagine MP with that. "Oh I magically reattached his leg" no thanks.[/Quote]

Is not a good reason to keep out dismemberment and I hope its not why bi made this decision. If you are hit by an RPGs and blown to pieces or simple fall down like currently you should still be just as dead. Be more careful next time. Realism is a bitch

Edited by -Coulum-

He dies, game over. Avoid high calibers\explosives next time

I agree! Get him a bodybag.

If you don't want legs and arms lying around, they can go the MOH route and just have exploding limbs. At least, I hope that with the physics the body will react properly. In MOH at least, when you shoot someone's leg off, they fall down accordingly (as if their leg gives out under them). And they react differently when shooting their head and arms. Not to mention their body actually still reacts to bullets. But, yeah, at the very least, let gore only happen when the body is impacted with high explosives. It could just be a bloody, destroyed body with all or some limbs missing. It'd be a simple model change then, and still be sorta realistic. Either way, no one should be intact after being blown up by a tank or something.

I'd to say there are much more important things to improve and do instead of this.

I'd to say there are much more important things to improve and do instead of this.

A reference to them would be nice. As I conceder this one area that needs improvement and looking at the poll - 438 other people share the same view ;)

!you're one but us more!

If you dont wish use that, just disable in you settings, or dont visit servers where gore used!

Its a simple solution, Right Gentelmens?!

please speak (in some sort of english where possible if that is not too much to ask for) for your own self lad.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/men

That it is sir! Features should never be cut because a small minority doesnt want it especialy when it can easily be a in game toggle.

A feature cannot be cut when it was never implemented.

Besides, the reason why it will NOT be added is because a certain number of people don't want it in, but because the game developers (you know, the ones actually working on the game), a minority if you start counting them, do NOT want it in

The moderators have left this thread open for the community to discuss accurate representation of weapon systems effects on the body so please quit pestering the discussion with petty annoyances.

And here comes you, registered in 23rd of february 2012, and tell me how THIS community works?

hygKl.jpg

There is no discussion here, just a fucking i want i want i want, without actually providing any sort of reason WHY, besides the already obnoxious "this is a simulation, so body parts and limbs should be in"

Your inability to make a decision renders your comments here purposeless.

I would give you a cookie if you'd have any sort of logic. This is NOT about deciding one way or the other. There are tons of grey between white and black. Even your monitor can handle 254 of those. Seems that you can't.

If fore not be realised, community do it again :D as SLX!

And VBS have that, but why arma must dont have it?!

There is a reason why VBS has it in(i have tried to explain it in english a few pages back). I see no particular reason for ArmA to have it minus silenting the ones like yourself about this subjective, and allowing them to find another very important subject to whine about.

Anyways personally i m not happy even with VBS_Gore version for a 'simulator' or 'game' in 2012

Lots of times i saw more gore in a less simulator software.

What does one have to do with the other? Care to find another reason why bis should change its mind about it besides the "it's a simulation"?

indeed there are...

Lol Pufu, looks like you got some personal problems with the guy called "gore" and dismemberment^^

Let them discuss and hope for the things.

The DEVs anway said NO to it.

I think it would be a nice addition though, but if not, i am sure we got some creative Modders here in the community :)

Lol Pufu, looks like you got some personal problems with the guy called "gore" and dismemberment^^

Let them discuss and hope for the things.

The DEVs anway said NO to it.

I think it would be a nice addition though, but if not, i am sure we got some creative Modders here in the community :)

it's not the discussion that get's to me, but the idiocy of some of the takers...it starts to look like CMs forums, wishing for the sake of it, even though the chances are nil.

anyways, i'll just follow your otherwise sane advice

Is this too much, too little or good enough for you? (Dunno what happened there, a bug probably)

IMO RO1 system was better, you get better blood stains\dripping (If I had to choose from blood stains and dismemberment, i would go with blood..) and gore.

If we don´t get any type of dismemberment, what will happen when an IED\bomb explodes next to a soldier? Something like

? Thats idiotic.

He dies, game over. Avoid high calibers\explosives next time ;)

The picture you posted of RO 2 isnt a bug its 2 russians that where hit with a airstrike and two dead germans that probably died soon after the airstrike was over. It is slightly bugged because the blood isnt showing like it should it would usualy look like this:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/576683235329349607/655D9575692D39D02F1A477CE4439E9F2C3C90BD/ > 100KB

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/576683685640100112/66787DBF6CA80CEC27C53F918AA6E4BC3531237F/ > 100KB

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/576683685606327534/2110011CBC0E2BB10879C064A6160FEAA573CA82/ > 100KB

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/576684312254166803/B56D47E6544ABF29A74C192D00C0293C96D91A6A/ > 100KB

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/576684312250843110/7E6ABE63D394414E4BDE602C7D5967E727015836/ > 100KB

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/576685179579227012/7C938A2213B65A7D8DBA24087F721A4605479014/ > 100KB

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/576683235362965832/8FC70A2573AAD01956F893E7BF3FF0ED811EF6A2/ > 100KB

And I very much agree with the comment about avoiding high calibers and explosives it would be stupid to expect your soldiers to allways be revivable after somthing as terrible as a direct morter hit or a .50 cal headshot.

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:47 ----------

^this

and the most valid point against gore/dismemberment:

How are you going to heal your buddy if he is blown to pieces?

Imagine MP with that. "Oh I magically reattached his leg" no thanks...

Stop saying this it makes no sense.

---------- Post added at 19:16 ---------- Previous post was at 17:49 ----------

it's not the discussion that get's to me, but the idiocy of some of the takers...it starts to look like CMs forums, wishing for the sake of it, even though the chances are nil.

anyways, i'll just follow your otherwise sane advice

Why is it so strange to you that people are voting for a realistic feature in a simulation about combat? The ARMA series has allways been realistic and you realy shouldnt be getting so worked up about adding a feature that is a very real part of war and furthers the immersion and replay value of the game. Besides it would be a shame to let the physx they implemented sit in the background when it could be helping realistically portray wounds. Think about how cool it would be to have each blood drop, spray, splat and puddle be a actual physx generated entity creating almost unlimited variations in blood and gore effects.

Edited by Max Power
images too large

I just rediscovered my rainbow six raven shield Disk and started playing.

It is very tame in terms of gore. only blood splatters and pools of blood under the dead. Doesn't even have wounds depicted. But these gore effects combined with rag doll physics really add tons of immersion and general awesomeness. If arma 3, a modern game were to even just have these small gore features I think it would improve the game drastically and make it more appealing for the "new" crowd trying out arma for the first time.

Edited by -Coulum-

The reason is that BIS has already said they aren't adding gore. So, from PuFu's perspective, it's like beating a dead horse. It's like you're asking for something you already know you aren't going to get. That said, I don't think anything's wrong with this discussion. Maybe, just maybe, BIS will eventually reconsider. This at release? Most likely no. But, if BIS sees that there is genuine, widespread community interest in gore, then maybe they will add it. But, honestly, the best way to go about getting BIS to implement this in is to first suggest more realistic wounds - not dismemberment, but more realistic bullet wounds or shell wounds. Not simply blood textures overlaying a model, but something that looks more realistic. That'd be the first step. If you get that looking more realistic (even that'd probably count as gore), then you can push even further, asking for dismemberment (although, before that, I'd ask for a separate dead model for characters that are blown up. Maybe a bloody part of a body, like, mainly a torso, some remnant of a head, all limbs partially dismembered). Get BIS to add a more realistic destruction model for characters, and then you can move on to asking for dismemberment (which would be the most complex thing, more complex than more realistic gunshot wounds and more complex than a completely destroyed character model). If you ask BIS to apply the destruction-model concept to human characters that is currently applied to vehicles and structures, then maybe BIS would begin to listen.

The reason is that BIS has already said they aren't adding gore. So, from PuFu's perspective, it's like beating a dead horse. It's like you're asking for something you already know you aren't going to get. That said, I don't think anything's wrong with this discussion. Maybe, just maybe, BIS will eventually reconsider. This at release? Most likely no. But, if BIS sees that there is genuine, widespread community interest in gore, then maybe they will add it. But, honestly, the best way to go about getting BIS to implement this in is to first suggest more realistic wounds - not dismemberment, but more realistic bullet wounds or shell wounds. Not simply blood textures overlaying a model, but something that looks more realistic. That'd be the first step. If you get that looking more realistic (even that'd probably count as gore), then you can push even further, asking for dismemberment (although, before that, I'd ask for a separate dead model for characters that are blown up. Maybe a bloody part of a body, like, mainly a torso, some remnant of a head, all limbs partially dismembered). Get BIS to add a more realistic destruction model for characters, and then you can move on to asking for dismemberment (which would be the most complex thing, more complex than more realistic gunshot wounds and more complex than a completely destroyed character model). If you ask BIS to apply the destruction-model concept to human characters that is currently applied to vehicles and structures, then maybe BIS would begin to listen.

Pettka already told PurePassion at GDC 2011 that dismemberment should be possible in Arma 3, so even at that early stage of development the devs were well aware that realistic wound simulation is a popular topic in the Arma community. Hopefully the poll results will encourage the dev's to provide modders with all the essential elements necessary to easily create a realistic wound mod similar to the VBS2 wound system.

Pettka already told PurePassion at GDC 2011 that dismemberment should be possible in Arma 3, so even at that early stage of development the devs were well aware that realistic wound simulation is a popular topic in the Arma community. Hopefully the poll results will encourage the dev's to provide modders with all the essential elements necessary to easily create a realistic wound mod similar to the VBS2 wound system.

So there's a chance?? This is news to me, good news! :)

He confirmed it won't be in vanilla.

He confirmed it won't be in vanilla.

Its in a developers best interest to cater to what the majority of the playerbase wants because in the end that gets them more money and gains more fans. ARMA 3 is not finished yet and as such is allways subject to change I wouldnt be that suprised if Bohemia Interactive sees that this is the largest most talked about subject at this time and adds it in themselves. The poll doesnt lie lots of people are looking forward to good realistic blood, wounding and gore effects.

Possible meaning mod-able. :p Cool, like... SLX in A2. Nothing new.

OR

Does he mean actual HIT HERE, BOOM -> OFF WITH THE LIMB?

I wouldnt be that suprised if Bohemia Interactive sees that this is the largest most talked about subject at this time and adds it in themselves

Nope.

:rolleyes:

I really wish the poll would be changed, gore doesn't necessarily mean realistic wounds, and vice versa. To me, the poll says "You either want gore/dismemberment, or you don't want realistic wounds". Ignoring the fact that if the poll is talking to me I need to get to the nearest hospital, I'd like something between those 2 (well, 3, but gore/dismemberment is pretty much the same exact thing) options. Something beyond the simple wounded texture that pops up on a large section of the body. If I shoot somebody in the shoulder, I don't want the wound to show on their stomach, etc.

ARMA 3 is not finished yet and as such is allways subject to change I wouldnt be that suprised if Bohemia Interactive sees that this is the largest most talked about subject at this time and adds it in themselves.

It definitely won't be in vanilla, this has been firmly established since 2011. The point of matter for discussion is how much will the devs facilitate the modding process and what type of realistic wound simulation features do people want in Arma 3.

BMFer

There is a certain limit to the size of images you may hotlink on these forums. Please just link to the url of images larger than 100 KB.

Please review the rules you accepted on March 3rd. Thank you.

§15) Do not hotlink images over 100kb (102400 bytes) in size

Do not link images over 100kb using the IMG tags to display an image in your post. If you wish to post an image larger then 100 kb feel free to post the URL instead of hotlinking.

Edited by Max Power

this game needs VBS2 wound system! if not, would be a call of duty (boring deaths) this game has the tools to make this possible like in VBS2.

but the Germans cant have gore in games