guiltyspark

Ragdolls = In .... Realistic wounds ???

Who here wants accurate depiction of battlefeild violence  

695 members have voted

1. 1. Who here wants accurate depiction of battlefeild violence

• I want to full gore
    • i want to see it toned down a bit , but i want dismemberment
    • i dont want realistic wounds

Please guys, assume there is and give your input. No point in arguing whether there is or not. No, there has been no written confirmation, but there is more that points to it, than against it imo.

That's the spirit :)

A screenshot cannot show ragdoll - you can hope for it, and you may even be right, but you cannot categorically say it's confirmed from it, that's faulty logic. Like it or not :)

As I say, I'm hopeful, and even somewhat confident. But please - don't confuse assumptions for logic.

And a good day to you :)

there is also screenshots around from arma2 that shows a man scaling a wall.

That does not mean that we are able to scale walls in arma2.

But yeah, im WISHING for ragdolls, since they have included PhysX.

And for the gore part, i realize that BIS do not want to take part in any massive gore or dismemberment, but i wish there would be a option to adjust it, not a collective limitation if it was changed from todays arma2 level.

Please guys, assume there is and give your input. No point in arguing whether there is or not. No, there has been no written confirmation, but there is more that points to it, than against it imo.

Agreed. I'd like ragdoll, but I'm ambivalent about gore. I like blood splatter, but only when it's a useful feature, like for discerning what direction incoming fire is coming from. Dismemberment? Nah. I'm OK with just bodies.

I'm all about the realism. If a GBU drops on a squad, there would probably be little evidence left. But if you get shot in the head with a .50 cal, there would also be "nothing left" on a smaller scale.

edit/ This is my wish, but I understand that BI would get a lot of hate from the media.. Or so I would imagine. But then again, there are "hole in the face" damage models in place as it is.

That, plus this game genre has always flown under the radar anyway. I think they could "get away" with it, judging by how little coverage the previous games have had, in my country specifically in this particular case.

Edited by Ish

its not useless speculation , we have a screenshot confirming its in along with physx being confirmed on the website.

and any idiot with half a brain can put 2 and 2 together

Screenshot showing obvious fallen ragdoll + Confirmation that physx is hardcoded into the game = obvious answer that ragdolls are in

Really? Then I'm sure anyone with half a brain can put together a post with well presented evidence to support their claims, rather than ignorantly claiming speculation to be fact. I'm not trying to disagree with you about whether or not there is evidence, but your attitude about it is shitty and it makes you a seem a lot less credible. Why would anyone want to participate in your poll if you haven't proven that you can present a decent argument?

Or can't you just be patient and wait for an official statement about ragdoll before making such claims?

Really? Then I'm sure anyone with half a brain can put together a post with well presented evidence to support their claims, rather than ignorantly claiming speculation to be fact. I'm not trying to disagree with you about whether or not there is evidence, but your attitude about it is shitty and it makes you a seem a lot less credible. Why would anyone want to participate in your poll if you haven't proven that you can present a decent argument?

Or can't you just be patient and wait for an official statement about ragdoll before making such claims?

You need to Relax :) :computer: :dancehead:

there

is

a

screenshot

of

it

I have a single still picture of an aeroplane in the air, that is obviously conclusive proof that it was going at OMGWTFBAZILLION knots.

Ragdolls don't always look retarded or silly, though i would have to agree that most games simply do not get them right.

However, i have seen Red Orchestra being mentioned for it's gore, but RO has also got some very good ragdolls! When shot by even the heaviest calibre doesnt make much difference: they take a hit, they fall down. They dont fly away, the body just loses strength and collapses. The only way to improve on them afaik would be keeping track of forward momentum (when sprinting, the body is hanging over forward a bit. Losing strength in this position would most likely result in a faceplant) where most ragdolls tend to fall backwards.

More importantly, RO ragdolls never seem to land in any weird or freaky ways and are always in a believable pose.

Ragdolls are NOT by definition weird-looking. There IS potential, however it has to be done RIGHT, something i do think BIS to be capable of as they are not in the 'lets make it look like Hollywood' kind of style.

However, that being said i would think a combination of dying animations blended in with ragdolls would be even better. It would eliminate the current problems in ArmA 2 where soldiers that get shot on stairs float in the air, or sometimes show similar problems on uneven terrain.

Concerning the OP and Poll:

I'd like to see laser guided bombs and other high energy weapons vaporise their targets and in some cases send them flying. I wouldn't mind the occasional limb being blown off by autocannon or other very high caliber munition. But i'm not in it for ultra-realistic or over-the-top gore.

sorry brah , there is a picture of ragdoll physics in the game , its real , sorry to dissapoint you

sorry brah , there is a picture of ragdoll physics in the game , its real , sorry to dissapoint you

There is a picture of what appears to be ragdoll.

I think it is safe to assume there will be ragdolls given the picture. You can't be categoric, no:

"Take advantage of PhysXâ„¢ supporting the vehicle simulation, in-game interactions and the revamped animation system."

You do have more than one hint in that "general direction" :D.

Still, poll is malformed. In any "Yes" or "No" poll... why not "Optional" also?

I would have it disabled by default, but would like to enable it to see some arms/legs fly... just for the fun, it can actually be seen as funnier then photorealistic textures and extremely impressive pain animations we have now.

Loooooook! that leg hangin' over there... is that fence glitched or smtg?? in L4D many times around!

Some great Demo ^^ right there. This or something in the same line would be very welcome. No dismemberment though :|

Don't think BIS needds to go overboard on the gore, but considering this is supposed to be a realistic, military simulation game, we really should be seeing things like dismemberment. I mean, what do you think happens when somebody gets hit by an IFV auto-cannon?

One could argue that over-sanitizing the experience not only hurts immersion, but it also mis-represents and glosses over some of the consequences of war. That may be fine for a Hollywood show like the A-team, but if you're going to go the authentic and realistic route don't you have some responsibility to portray the ugly side of things as well?

Yeah we need the ability to turn on the full gore.

The war must frighten and be ugly, not make you feel like you are playing some CoD

One of my biggest problems with AA is that while it simulates a lot it still doesn't look like there's war.

Don't think BIS needds to go overboard on the gore, but considering this is supposed to be a realistic, military simulation game, we really should be seeing things like dismemberment. I mean, what do you think happens when somebody gets hit by an IFV auto-cannon?

One could argue that over-sanitizing the experience not only hurts immersion, but it also mis-represents and glosses over some of the consequences of war. That may be fine for a Hollywood show like the A-team, but if you're going to go the authentic and realistic route don't you have some responsibility to portray the ugly side of things as well?

This! BIS, please, if you're gonna have essentially textures spraying blood when they are shot (and not even bleed other than some spicks magically appearing on the ground?), I can do without any gore at all. Truth be told, the only thing i find blood does in A2 is as a great hit marker..

Yah seriously, just make it an option.

War isn't pretty and the ArmA series is supposed to be semi realistic. As such, it should be capable of simulating the carnage should the user so desire.

Edited by BangTail

I really want to see gore this time around, what's a war/military simulator without gore.

1. The picture shows a dead soldier. Whether or not that animation was pre-created or done on the fly via ragdoll is unknown.
  2. No official statement by the devs has been made as to whether or not ragdoll physics have been implemented.
  3. The game does use PhysX, but we don't know to what extent. Slapping PhysX support into the engine doesn't automatically enable ragdoll for dead bodies.

Conclusion: ragdoll physics are not confirmed.

Btw. even Arma2 has some death animations that look a lot like ragdoll. For all we know, the same is the case with Arma3. Nothing is confirmed at this point.

Edited by MadDogX