guiltyspark

Ragdolls = In .... Realistic wounds ???

Who here wants accurate depiction of battlefeild violence  

695 members have voted

1. 1. Who here wants accurate depiction of battlefeild violence

• I want to full gore
    • i want to see it toned down a bit , but i want dismemberment
    • i dont want realistic wounds

ragdolls are confirmed , so now when a jdam is dropped on a guy he wont just fall over in a pre scripted animation

so it begs the question.

Who here wants accurate representation of the weapon systems effects on the body. (IE when an arty round hits a group of enemies they either dissapear into a red mist , or they fly into peices.)

Personally if they keep the blood to a minimum (like in red orchestra) i think dismemberment could benifit the franchise.

I think he refers to this screenshot where one of the soldiers is in a ragdoll-kind position.

So less confirmation, more wishful thinking.

I'd like to see ragdoll too, but I won't believe it til I see a dev confirm it.

phsyx is in , and no animator would have a death animation in the game that retarded looking.

ragdolls are confirmed , you only need basic logic to see this

Yes, same here.

But I have a question: Ragdoll is a part of the PhysX engine, right?

I agree, it would be strange to see bodies fly through the sky when hit by a explosion.

The dismemberment in RO is done really great. It looks really realistic and not overdone.

BTW "blood to a minimum" and "dismemberment" don't really fit together. ;)

Where?

The same place as always - trend analysis. You can't honestly see a trend here? I think people are coming from the POV of hardware requirements, when ragdolls are viewed through the light of ArmAverse.

phsyx is in , and no animator would have a death animation in the game that retarded looking.

This poll has been confirmed as useless speculation. You only need basic logic to see that. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, don't be so ignorant. However likely it may be, ragdolls haven't been confirmed (don't forget that even features that may appear as fully implemented in WIP shots could end up being dropped during development), and even if it is present the details are not available, so discussing it is IMO pretty stupid.

Edited by Big Dawg KS

sigh* i have yet to ever see a ragdoll that didnt look retarded or silly. they just never have any weight.

also since most wounds are not instantly fatal in the real world people just dont "ragdoll" all the time. they fall down or crawl away or get carried away by comrades or something similar. yes in real life people die is some horrible or impossible poses and "configurations" but not all the damn time

in game its all ragdoll all the time, it just makes it look retarded.

it does not look like a horrible battlefield, it looks like (in someone else s humors words) a large scale yoga class :\

Yes That guy, I agree with you, normally Ragdoll looks way too overdone and extreme. But maybe it is possible to tune the body movements down so that it looks a bit more realistic.

But nevertheless - it's not confirmed yet anyway...

If they do gore, I want it to be realistic, I don't want to shoot some guy in the leg, and his whole body explodes like in older versions of SLX.

what a biased poll...GOD.

I don't even want to start on the subject, since BIS devs already said they are against explicit violence, dismemberment and gore..

I don't even want to start on the subject, since BIS devs already said they are against explicit violence, dismemberment and gore..

Well, you could have gore in the form of flying limbs with a self-closing wound to minimise psychological impact and the chance of PTSDs. :cc:

Just because ragdolls exist doesn't mean you have to make it happen all the time. You could mix the two, like if someone's shoot but only injured, you could have an animation, but if someone dies instantly, you could have a ragdoll.

That is one way to make it, I'd rather wait until we have some official confirmation.

Nah no gore (by default), then people will say they are trying to be like red river or some bs.

This poll has been confirmed as useless speculation. You only need basic logic to see that. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, don't be so ignorant. However likely it may be, ragdolls haven't been confirmed (don't forget that even features that may appear as fully implemented in WIP shots could end up being dropped during development), and even if it is present the details are not available, so discussing it is IMO pretty stupid.

its not useless speculation , we have a screenshot confirming its in along with physx being confirmed on the website.

and any idiot with half a brain can put 2 and 2 together

Screenshot showing obvious fallen ragdoll + Confirmation that physx is hardcoded into the game = obvious answer that ragdolls are in

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

biggest crock of shit i have ever heard.

did you play arma ?

did you miss out on the mass graves and the people strung up?

I'll steer this in the direction it was meant:

Let's *assume*, JUST for the sake of argument, OK?

We get ragdolls with the proper weighted physics.

Gore, yes/no?

Personally i would like to see full gore, simply because it's the way war is.

If you are sensitive, there could be an option to tone it down or trun it off completely (blood, dismemberment), just like we have with blood in ArmA 2.

I have to agree that rag-dolls are pretty much confirmed, like swimming under water, you don't have the confirmation, but you have a screen of a guy under water, just like a picture of what seems to be a rag-doll.

_neo_

I'll steer this in the direction it was meant:

Let's *assume*, JUST for the sake of argument, OK?

We get ragdolls with the proper weighted physics.

Gore, yes/no?

Personally i would like to see full gore, simply because it's the way war is.

If you are sensitive, there could be an option to tone it down or trun it off completely (blood, dismemberment), just like we have with blood in ArmA 2.

i agree , give the option to the player

sigh* i have yet to ever see a ragdoll that didnt look retarded or silly. they just never have any weight.

in game its all ragdoll all the time, it just makes it look retarded.

it does not look like a horrible battlefield, it looks like (in someone else s humors words) a large scale yoga class :\

Have you ever played Red Orchestra ? It's a very good example of how good ragdoll is if done properly.

Although I am hopeful of ragdoll incorporated into ArmA3, I believe your basic logic to be faulty :) it is a long way from "confirmed".

Edited by DMarkwick

Although I am hopeful of ragdoll incorporated into ArmA3, I believe your basic logic to be faulty :) it is a long way from "confirmed".

there

is

a

screenshot

of

it

No

there

isn't.

no point in arguing with somebody this ignorant , good day sir