Sign in to follow this  
cobra5000

rah-66 commanche?

When i saw the first ARMA3 pics, i saw RAH-66 Commanche that this chopper is cancelled in 2004!

If this chopper will be featured in ARMA3, this will be the very first unreal vehicle in ARMA series

When i saw the first ARMA3 pics, i saw RAH-66 Commanche that this chopper is cancelled in 2004!

If this chopper will be featured in ARMA3, this will be the very first unreal vehicle in ARMA series

No way mister sherlock, but unfortunately the armaverse is on its own timeline.

F-35 is in Arma 2.

There's also Xm8s floating around in Arma 2 and those got cancelled too.

The X/M8 was cancelled aswell. But it's in ARMA 2.

well this addition of the series has been pointed out several times to be under a different time-frame from the one we are in now, So as a possible counter meassure to the menace in the east, the Commance was introduced.

FN SCARs were cancelled too (for the US army), but they are in OA. And where is the problem?!

It was, I believe, developed to fight as part of a full blown conventional conflict of the sort we don't fight anymore. If, as the game suggests, there was a full scale conventional war then I imagine the whole project could quickly be brought back into development.

In fact, considering recent stories about "Stealth Blackhawks" it may never have been cancelled at all? ;)

Don't like Comanche at all... But they compensate quite well with Mi-28 ;)

It was, I believe, developed to fight as part of a full blown conventional conflict of the sort we don't fight anymore. If, as the game suggests, there was a full scale conventional war then I imagine the whole project could quickly be brought back into development.

In fact, considering recent stories about "Stealth Blackhawks" it may never have been cancelled at all? ;)

Yes , maybe in the future - US Army will use "modernized" Comanches with Stealth Black Hawks :P

It won't have stealth capabilities, it will just be a sleek replacement to the Apache in this game, has similar loadout in its screenshot

Nothing wrong with adding a few futuristic helo's, even if they aren't used in reality, it never stopped the community why should it stop the developers or would you really rather see another AH-1 and AH-64 that people keep saying have been done to death?

Personally if I saw the OFP AH-64 base model again I'd probably rip some of my hair out.

It won't have stealth capabilities, it will just be a sleek replacement to the Apache in this game, has similar loadout in its screenshot

Not if its triangle signature would be replaced by a square on the radar. A fast moving, approaching square of death. :yay:

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

Fear the square, the sleek, silent, unknown killing machine. :D

Nothing wrong the commanche being in arma3, Christ arma2 had the battlebus for Christ sake

But the battlebus is real and is used by militaries world wide

I guess next you're going to argue that IRL the Chernarus & Takistani conflicts never took place, so ArmA 2 and OA were completely unrealistic... :rolleyes: The commanche's presence is at least probable.

I think people put too much thought into the whole "real portrayal" thing, many it is an accurate but not necessarily realistic portrayal, rather than thinking of it as reality it helps to think of it as an alternate reality, a place where "what if".

But the battlebus is real and is used by militaries world wide

U obviously didn't see pcgamers version of the battlebus lol Utube it

Oh i'm pretty sure he's talking about one and the same.

Whats wrong with flying an unrealistic helicopter in a fictional 3rd WW ? The whole conflict is totally made up lol

At least all of the guns, tools, vehicles, etc. are all real concepts that have made it through the testing phase. As long as theres no phasers and transformer giant mechs (lest they be addons later :D ) I'm okay with it.

Looking at the SF troopers they're wearing Crye uniforms, with Mich 2000s, Anvis NVGs, Crye CAGE armor, and either FN2000s or the new Magpul PDW concept, all real or conceptual stuff that is likely to be used in the next 14 years.

As long as theres no phasers and transformer giant mechs (lest they be addons later :D ) I'm okay with it.

And what do you think makes this island so important that NATO is prepared to waste an entire task force on it? For all we know it could be housing Metal Gear. :p