Sign in to follow this  
Darkguerilla

Buildings

BIS alreadly said ALL BUILDINGS WILL BE ENTERABLE:) in there E3 interview (its in the confirmed features thread) so.......YAY!!!

Absolutely BobcatBob I nearly forgot about that one. However I wonder, when they say enterable do they mean fully or only partially. I'm hoping for FULL. Also some better animations like those in the SMK with "back to wall" and "blindfire from cover".

I reckon each building should have it's own node-based navigation system for AI to use. So they can come get you upstairs, and even split to come at you from different directions if the building is complex enough. The nodes can be integral to the buildings, part of their LoD.

I agree, as it stands the AI system only handle the ground properly, there should be some system of noded interiors where if the AI consider you are inside the building it first looks for the location of a door and once it found it switch to node based navigation inside.

Please more complex interiors if possible? most Arma OA buildings (excepted a few special ones) are one or two rooms at best per floor, excepted the takistan houses they also are mostly bare inside.

I'm wishing for a cover system but i'm not holding my breath

I agree, as it stands the AI system only handle the ground properly, there should be some system of noded interiors where if the AI consider you are inside the building it first looks for the location of a door and once it found it switch to node based navigation inside.

Please more complex interiors if possible? most Arma OA buildings (excepted a few special ones) are one or two rooms at best per floor, excepted the takistan houses they also are mostly bare inside.

I'm wishing for a cover system but i'm not holding my breath

I've long held the opinion that buildings can benefit from a local node-based navigation. From being able to effectively navigate inside, to being able to identify cover positions around the outside, each building can be a little node-based map solution.

BIS alreadly said ALL BUILDINGS WILL BE ENTERABLE:) in there E3 interview (its in the confirmed features thread) so.......YAY!!!

This, people need to pay more attention if they follow their favorite mil sim :D you all flanked :p

besides this one above and me :rolleyes:

kind regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobcatBob

BIS alreadly said ALL BUILDINGS WILL BE ENTERABLE in there E3 interview (its in the confirmed features thread) so.......YAY!!!

This, people need to pay more attention if they follow their favorite mil sim you all flanked

besides this one above and me

kind regards

It does not surprise me because the maps that came with Operation Arrowhead (Zargabad, Takistan) contained no "block" non-enterable buildings, or if they did there weren't many because I didn't spot them.

Personally I would ditch enterable buildings for more convincing towns i.e. better footpaths, environmental effects.

I mean, the poor inhabitants of Chenaurus didn't have one supermarket or grocery store between them. No wonder they ended up killing and eating each other

It does not surprise me because the maps that came with Operation Arrowhead (Zargabad, Takistan) contained no "block" non-enterable buildings, or if they did there weren't many because I didn't spot them.

Personally I would ditch enterable buildings for more convincing towns i.e. better footpaths, environmental effects.

I mean, the poor inhabitants of Chenaurus didn't have one supermarket or grocery store between them. No wonder they ended up killing and eating each other

If they say every building I guess they mean every building, in my book this means that they know that BIS community has a lot of people that like CQB, who knows maybe bis found a way to make the entering pats better.

For all we know they might put just a team or a person on it that focuses on that part alone or at least makes sure it all works well. I don't think they are going to make all the buildings enter-able and then say aaah shit the AI can't handle it well our bad live with it. another thing i like to point out is, even if there are troubles i bet they would work hard to fix those issues, I mean we can demand all we want and when we want it to be honest I hear and see a lot I like to see this I like to see that these days. BIS reacts on those demands in a positive way but still I have something even if a feature makes it to the game that there will be a slight chance that it will be bugged. Sometimes it is the complexity of those features "our demands" and BIS tries to please, we all think it is easy but are we making the game or are they doing it?

sometimes we need to stand still in what we are demanding and how it would work out in game.

Edit: I like the CQB part a lot and I hope that they will make smooth animations for AI and the units so you wont get stuck, if it works that will make me happy because i like CQB on the other hand I know it might be complex to work it out proper for them ...

Kind regards

Edited by KBourne

My own opinion is that all buildings are enterable in the spirit of making ArmA3 the most flexible of game engines. PvP/TvT players will be happy.

@Kbourne

In the video he did say "all the buildings are enterable, and the AI can use them quite well"

So yeah, thats got me a little hyped

@Kbourne

In the video he did say "all the buildings are enterable, and the AI can use them quite well"

So yeah, thats got me a little hyped

well I know that I also got hyped about that, like I said I love CQB but never the less bisides that we need to beare (bare?) in mind that he speaks from the developers perspective ;) so he initinal knows how the AI is handling it on their own but how will it work out when you are in command and issue commands to enter in CQB with your AI?

In fact I love to see a preview video of this feature HINT* :D

kind regards

Edited by KBourne