Sign in to follow this  
-BAC-honzikpen

Any planes or jets?

Hi all,

i saw some vehicles in the screenshots but no planes or jets.

it would be nice if there stil would be nice planes like in arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead like the C-130, MV-22, A-10, Harrier, F-35, and some other russians and german, british.... :):):)

greets

alex

ArmA without planes? No, that won't happen...

Well the official announcement did say airplanes so i suspect they will be in, especially when you consider the size of the map being bigger than any previous map. Also looks like the astute sub is in too, looking at the screenshot of the diver where you can clearly see the aft of the sub at the top.

I cant see the A-10 or the harrier being in A3. Probably not the C-130 either.

I can however see the C-17 or the A400m being used. The C-17 will be the work horse of the Western airforce transport division.

the A400m is the new airbus heavy lift STOL military aircraft.

As for attack aircraft, The f35 is almost a certainty.

How about the f-22, The Su-47 Berkut, the J5 Chendu? (Chinese/Japanese Eurofighter/rafael rip off)

The Eurofighter should definately be in the game considering our player is a member of the SBS.

The firescout might also be incorporated.

With this being set a good 15 years into the future, It allows BIS to be a bit creative in their design.

Afterall the have made a Kamov and Havoc have real dirty sex

This isn't FP:RR, but ArmA. So there will be all kind of vehicles, as usual.

The Eurofighter should definately be in the game considering our player is a member of the SBS.

Bet the MOD still hasn't shelled out for the cannons for them by then though, the tight bastards.

Whats up 2nd Lt.Honzikpen. Yes there will be Planes, No pictures yet or atleast I don't think there is but I wonder what aircraft they are going to add for opfor, it would be awesome to see a PAK-FA vs BIS F-22 :D

I'm sure the F-35 will be making an appearance again. And the use of UAVs will be through the roof.

I can't believe he seriously asked if there will be jets...

why?

jets are important on battlefields, this game will be in the future so there will have to be jets.

How about the f-22, The Su-47 Berkut, the J5 Chendu? (Chinese/Japanese Eurofighter/rafael rip off)

J-5 is Mig-15 in real...

I would be happy if they didn't bother with fixed wing aircraft and focused on the armor and infantry. The jets are simply awful in ArmA 2 and the maps are far too small.

For AI? They are a must. Controllable? Skip them and work on the infantry. Flight sims are extremely difficult to make... it is just too much work for BI to do at once. I'd rather have them get armor and infantry right.

For flight sims you can play Lock On FC 2.0, DCS, or Cliffs of Dover.

not sure...hows the flight mechanics? because they were god awful in flashpoint..

From the Story Line Anyways why is it still US Forces?

not sure...hows the flight mechanics? because they were god awful in flashpoint..

And in ArmA 2.

They were still fun to fly with a joystick considering what the OFP engine could do at the time, using a A-10 to drop bombs manually or with a laser over a target does what it needs to do and not everyone could just jump in and be good at that (many good memories destroying bases in MP with the A-10 in OFP)

Edited by AUS_Twisted

I would be happy if they didn't bother with fixed wing aircraft and focused on the armor and infantry. The jets are simply awful in ArmA 2 and the maps are far too small.

For AI? They are a must. Controllable? Skip them and work on the infantry. Flight sims are extremely difficult to make... it is just too much work for BI to do at once. I'd rather have them get armor and infantry right.

Well, myself i'm not that unhappy how flying in ArmA 2 works so i hope that planes in ArmA 3 can benefit from certain engine improvements that are made for ToH.

IMHO ArmA 2 fills the gap between arcade flight games (HAWX) and the above named hardcore sims.

I would be happy if they didn't bother with fixed wing aircraft and focused on the armor and infantry.

Ah! don't you dare go there.

x2. :yay:

So we're degenerating into CM's community now? Where if a feature isn't superb it would be better just tossed? You do know that effects the community as well, if they toss jets then that means we lose jets period, are we seriously going to start going down this road.

So we're degenerating into CM's community now? Where if a feature isn't superb it would be better just tossed? You do know that effects the community as well, if they toss jets then that means we lose jets period, are we seriously going to start going down this road.

We should. The game is an infantry simulator first. If you think otherwise you'd being disillusion.

The maps are so tiny for fixed wing aircraft it is a joke. I can fly across the biggest maps in seconds. Unless the maps can at least be increased in size by 6-10 times, then they are worthless aside from being left to the AI.

The infantry and armor aspects of ArmA 2 are lacking in so many ways. Work on that first. Once it is a perfect infantry simulator and a light armor simulator, then we can look at fixed wing aircraft.

We should. The game is an infantry simulator first. If you think otherwise you'd being disillusion.

The maps are so tiny for fixed wing aircraft it is a joke. I can fly across the biggest maps in seconds. Unless the maps can at least be increased in size by 6-10 times, then they are worthless aside from being left to the AI.

The infantry and armor aspects of ArmA 2 are lacking in so many ways. Work on that first. Once it is a perfect infantry simulator and a light armor simulator, then we can look at fixed wing aircraft.

FPDR well deserved. The ArmA series is a Military Sim and aerial warfare is a important aspect, also for ground troops. Maps are big enough to justify planes and more than once my fellow mates were more than happy to see me in my A-10, clearing the bad situation they were in, trapped by a tank platoon and out of AT ammo.

So ArmA 3 deserves a well presented air force for all sides. Just because you prefer to walk, everyone else isn't forced to feel the same way. Try to be less selfish, would ya?

I never believed it to be a full on simulator of any entity but rather a game with more depth to each one with untapped potential. They may not be the best but getting right of a n entity would not only cause people to leave but also leave a bad rep because they would have gone the same route CM did and I doubt many here actually want that.

Edited by NodUnit