Quesh-kibrul ->http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8698

Awesome map and fits RACS camo really well

---------- Post added at 12:35 ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 ----------

One more before I go to work...

2egr.jpg

Edited by sv5000

Hi all.

Since i'm currently only equipped with a PC unable to run A2, but able for A1, i was playing some A1 with the original Project RACS. In there i noticed two Units, namely the Type 21 Frigate, and the Be-32k-Plane which are not yet to be found in the ArmA 2 RACS release.

Are there any plans to bring these two Units up to ArmA2? Be it a "real" upgrade or just a simple port where the configs are adjusted to work with A2.

If there ain't any plans, would it be possible for me to give it a try? - first to only update the configs to use weapons from pracs_weapons for ArmA 2, and some OA features such as FLIR for the ships' turret, maybe also add a updated helicopter attachment script to the frigate so all A2 and RACS helis are attached correctly on the ride. I would really like to give it a try, and of course it would be entirely dependant on RACS (not playable standalone), and on your permission. No intention to publish anything, it's gonna be private use only, unless you wish to publish it.

Hey, I never had an opportunity to try this out way back when, but now I'm finding that the pracs subdomain on Rock's website doesn't have the downloads for PRACS, since March if I'm reading correctly. Is there anywhere that mirrors the November version? I can see the October 31 version on Armaholic but given that the subdomain mentions the new version on November 02 I'm wondering if there were any changes since then.

[edit]Oh, hah, disregard. The version on Armaholic is posted as of November 04 even though the files are versioned for the 31st and 30th. Never mind. ;-)

Edited by jtgibson

Looks like you can get it through Play with Six.

http://play.withsix.com/mods/231-pracs

True that, but Pw6 is something I generally try to avoid. It's got the clunkiest Windows-Eightish interface I've ever had the displeasure of working with. Perfect for casual computer users, but for people who have experience working with existing UIs it's needlessly oversimplified and the options that the power users want are buried deeply to keep the casual users away from them. I personally symlink the crap out of my hard drives and much prefer the hands-on control I get with a manual installation and occasional PBO merges. =)

Yes, but there version 2012-10-30, and the need 09-22-2013.

Armaholic is the latest version, they just didn't update the Version date.

Yes, Armaholic should all be latest version! I just forgot to update the version field so I did that now to prevent even more confusion.

Also about this:

Yes, but there version 2012-10-30, and the need 09-22-2013.

Please read wld's note correctly:

UPDATE 09-22-2013

not really. Im just posting that i am closing shop as the arrival of my son leaves me with absolutely no time to do this anymore.

So, there is no version 09-22-2013! It just means PRACS is discontinued, sad news really.

Thanks for all you did for the community wld!!

Yes, Armaholic should all be latest version! I just forgot to update the version field so I did that now to prevent even more confusion.

Also about this:

Please read wld's note correctly:

So, there is no version 09-22-2013! It just means PRACS is discontinued, sad news really.

Thanks for all you did for the community wld!!

Maybe lay Pegaso and Orion?

Maybe lay Pegaso and Orion?

Im sad to say those weren't released.

absolutely devo at this news, but can understand completely.

Just would have loved to see those new UH1's and units.

Anyone got any contact with wld?, If its only config etc to get the stuff ingame, I would be happy to help as much as I can.

UPDATE 09-22-2013

not really. Im just posting that i am closing shop as the arrival of my son leaves me with absolutely no time to do this anymore.

Congrats my friend! Can't wait for a son of my own and as a modder I completely understand this decision! :)

PRACS Army has been one of my best-ever, of-all-time, mods. Thank you for everything you've done!

Congratulations on your new arrival/baby boy. With two children of my own and four grandkids, I can certainly say, it’s a joy.

Thanks for all your past work..:)

Wld427 congrats on the son, same thing here, now he's 2 years+ old... time flies ;)

Thank you for all your help and support, amazing addons we've spend so many hours playing with. I'm just a bit sad I didn't wrap up Balkania for A2 feat. your faction with a new land (been waiting on A3, now I'm waiting a bit more for fixes to be made and tools to get updated).

absolutely devo at this news, but can understand completely.

Just would have loved to see those new UH1's and units.

Anyone got any contact with wld?, If its only config etc to get the stuff ingame, I would be happy to help as much as I can.

I apologize to all you loyal fans of the mod. I missed the majority of my daughters "firsts" and younger years while i was away serving in the Army. Now that my son is here i vow not to miss a thing.

The final update was actually pretty close. It needed some finishing tho. I would definitively say about a week or 2 worth of work to complete but i simply don't have the time. The new units are very nice and look wonderful but they need that traditional polishing and tweaking that makes all my addons so special. They need much more than config work plus i have some stuff that is only half in game and needs completing. for example i need to finish the animations on the M60-2000, there are a few other unseen bits in the mod such as M88 recovery vehicle, M114and M198 howitzers, more SF vehicles, and things that need finishing.

again i am sorry i have to "exit stage left" here, but it is what it is.

THANK YOU ALL for your kind words and well wishes. It has been a pleasure working with all of you

I think we all understand, or SHOULD...reality comes first and there is no reason that any hobby should come before ones own loved family, much less a newborn. Congradulations on the new family member, I hope your parenting goes well and the late nights of addon creating will help you cope with the late nights of parenthood :)

Mate, as a Dad i hear what you are saying, one minute they are little ones that fit into the crook of your arm, the next they are getting ready to go to school. As a shift worker i didn't miss out on many of my daughters first as you sound you did, but i get where you are coming from 100%.

Wld your RACS has left a legacy on the Arma community you should be very proud of. I for one will be using it for some time to come. PRACS has earn't a place on my HDD next to CSLA , RHS and other greats that are always in my core Arma / ArmaII shortcut.

I am sure I speak for all of the long time and loyal fans of your mod that we will all still be here if you ever find the time/interest/want to ever complete your work, long after the zombie fanboi's/i want it NOW/12 year olds/content theifs etc have moved onto their next 'Thing'

S! Eddy and many thanks for your hard work and dedication to the community.

Congratulations on your baby boy and thank you for your outstanding contribution to both ArmA and ArmA 2! :)

Thank You for RACS Wld, I don't have a mission without it, God Bless you and your new family!

I give absolutely no permission to use any part of Project RACS in any other mode or addon. I expressly forbid any reskins, changes, or any other molestation of my files.

Absolutely no forward porting, backward porting anything of that nature.

While I am grateful for all the time and effort you put into one of the best mods for ArmA: Many of "your" addons were donations and ports...Do you really want to use double-standards and deny these addons the possibility to live on? Especially considering ArmA III could use some more vehicles?

I dont want to offend you...Again all the time you spend with RACS proves its really your mod and your addons, but still, would RACS be in the same state it is now without donations and ports?

While I am grateful for all the time and effort you put into one of the best mods for ArmA: Many of "your" addons were donations and ports...Do you really want to use double-standards and deny these addons the possibility to live on? Especially considering ArmA III could use some more vehicles?

I dont want to offend you...Again all the time you spend with RACS proves its really your mod and your addons, but still, would RACS be in the same state it is now without donations and ports?

What I think you are missing is that each of those "donations" comes with their own terms and conditions about how Eddie can use them. He was given permission to modify them for his use but anyone else wanting to modify them needs to contact the original author.

EDIT: What you should also consider is that Eddie does not want the hassle and abuse from people that have ported his stuff and re-released it coming back on him. He doesn't have the time anymore to deal with all the BS support requests the come with this. I've been suffering a hail of crap for all the illegal ports of the Typhoon since ArmA3 alpha came out. And thats only one addon. I can't even imagine the crap he'd get for an entire mod pack.

Perhaps next time before you criticise you might spare some time and actually think about it from other angles than your own. Just saying...

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Wld427, sad to see you leave but many,many thanks for the mod and joy it brought us over the years, ofcourse also congrats on you babyboy,hope you have a great time watching him grow up, thank you for your work and time you puth in the mod and community :icon_eek:

@Fulcrum read the rules on addons! you cant port anymodels without permission, and if you get permission,it wont give you the right to share that model with other ppl unless asked first, or stated by author/disclaimer!(aka you cant go stealing ppl's stuff without asking)!

You can always start your own mod,like the RACS but not same offcource,!

Well Eddie I can relate to you mate, having 3 daughters under the age of 4 myself doesn't leave much time for modding or really anything anymore. It seems the Arma community is growing up, many of us have been modding this series for many years and the departure of well known community members is inevitable. All Arma modders have a shelf life unfortunately.

The legacy you left will not be forgotten by us "OLD" members of what you achieved and brought to our community. Sad to see you go mate , but I hope we'll still see you around the traps every now 'n then. :)

Sav