yeah true - this is way offtopic now - i was reporting an impossible-to-spoof missile to eddie - but yeah i see F35's with the quad pods externally, but I imagine they're for SDBs? they seem to have a quad and two double pods, and 2 AAM's on each side so could take maybe 16 at a push. My loadout has 2 quads and a pair of triples, so not too different from real. anyway - thanks for making em mate - they work real well! a great addition to the game, as is RACS.

Ok you've lost me now. Where are the F-35s with "quad pods"? This is news to me. AFAIK its only been shown (in real life with pylons and only AA stores externally) but here's the load out limits chart.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6DyML-EPAKE/URluW0OucpI/AAAAAAAAB7o/SAo4-tY7GW4/s1600/F35+hardpoints.bmp

The only F-35 pic I've ever seen with SPEAR3 Mounted is this

yourfile_803.jpg

and one from Lockheed in a printed brochure.

Eddie's going to love all this F-35 talk its his favourite plane :P Take this to PM if you want to discuss it further but I would really like to see these F-35s with stores.

pm on its way. try to sound nicer in your posts guys - we're all in it together here.

pm on its way. try to sound nicer in your posts guys - we're all in it together here.

Seriously. Oh pot and kettle.

nah you got me wrong here bud - i'm massive peace, just mentioning the su22 - been huntin it all day and its a doozie lol

why should i be nice. The F-35 is a peanut stuck in the turd that has become global military spending and a perfect example of how the military industrial complex can manipulate and milk every last dollar from a government. The worst part about it is they were even able to swindle other nations in too.

I don't have to be nice. the F-35 licks sweaty donkey balls and chews the cheese from the taint.

If i saw one on a flatbed semi in transport i would run the truck off the road. If any ever land near here I'm stocking up bottle rockets to distract the pilot. hoping for a crash.

The F-35 is a technology demonstrator at best and it is already outdated. Continued purchases will only cost the lives of the warfighters from any nation involved with it.

screw the developers, manufacturers, and any idiot on this planet that was stupid enough to believe the F-35 is justified in any way.

So hows that RACS F-35 reskin coming along lad? :cool:

i've just realised, after sleeping on it, what has gone wrong here. I was saying "the F35 in the game has been underdeveloped, considering its potential, as it can have 10 pylons with a lot more ordnance on it" - i admit i went overboard with the number of spears, all i meant was that it can beused in many more ways that the game has ruled out by putting only 2 paveways and 2 sidewinders on it. and everyone else is talking about the real world as they see it. well apologies for the misunderstanding guys.

regarding the original issue - it still stands - the AA8 behaves as a 1 shot kill - combined with a high cruise height (and wide look down) for the su24,su22 and mig21 carrying it, i was flying yesterday on takistan and it would kill me on the runway at either end of the map with 1 missile despite chaffing, flaring and using afterburner to get me up to 1900km/h and flying down valleys, behind mountains etc, it chased and chased and eventually killed. The thing is, i don't mind so much but my buddies won't set foot on the server with it on lol. so this morning i've written a little script to catch it as it spawns and neuter its little armoured yellow balls. they will spawn with R73's instead on our server - problem solved! for your next release please consider turning down the cmimmunity as per kju's maths and our experience and feedback. ultimately up to you though.

cheers

EB

i have reset the Cmimmunity on par with the sparrow.....

EDIT:

I have found the actual problem. It is the locking system. I had it set to radar and laser..... cant spoof a laser guided weapon in game.......It is fixed and will be the on next release.

also that formula from Kju is from Arma3. A lot of stuff is handled very very differently than arma2

Edited by wld427

nice one eddie - thanks mate

glad to help out! i mean that totally - didn't want to bash the mod, just raised it cos it seemed odd.

cheers

EB

wld - Now you have me genuinely curious. What are the honest aeronautical and technological points about the F35 that spawn such hatred?

egg - I have not had a similar issue, but it is nice to know there was one, what it was, and that it has been fixed. Were you running other mods with it?

wld - Now you have me genuinely curious. What are the honest aeronautical and technological points about the F35 that spawn such hatred?

At least part of it because if it's a success, huge numbers of them will be bought, making them very cheap - both to buy, and to run. Great for Lockheed Martin, but not so much for the people trying to export Super Hornets, Gripens, Rafales and so on. Thus, they tend to get their friends in the aviation press to accentuate the negatives about the F-35. El Reg has an article on it if you want the details (page 2 is the most relevant; there's a link there to a rebuttal of one particular critic). In the interests of not starting a flame war and totally derailing the thread, I'll note that just because the criticisms are promoted by enemies of the F-35 doesn't necessarily mean there is no merit to them.

Edited by ScottAS2

At least part of it because if it's a success, huge numbers of them will be bought, making them very cheap - both to buy, and to run. Great for Lockheed Martin, but not so much for the people trying to export Super Hornets, Gripens, Rafales and so on. Thus, they tend to get their friends in the aviation press to accentuate the negatives about the F-35. El Reg has an article on it if you want the details (page 2 is the most relevant; there's a link there to a rebuttal of one particular critic). In the interests of not starting a flame war and totally derailing the thread, I'll note that just because the criticisms are promoted by enemies of the F-35 doesn't necessarily mean there is no merit to them.

You are so wrong its unbelievable.....

The F35 has raped the US Treasury of funds that could be better spent.

It is a perfect example of what a government lobby can do to line a companies pockets with cash. It is massively over budget. If I go over budget on a contract nobody throws any more money at me.... it comes out of my own pocket. How can you call this plane cheap?

It carries less ordnance than the planes it is designed to replace. There is no improvement over the systems it is designed to replace. It relies heavily on guided small diameter munitions which are ridiculously expensive. How can we sustain ourselves in a conflict dropping 50,000 dollar bombs on 30 dollar dirt merchant terrorist scumbags. Warfighters will pay with their lives at the lack of capability of the aircraft and outrageously lower loiter times. Great we can put external pylons on it..... but that defeats the entire purpose of having low radar observability.... negating any advantages the aircraft had in the first place.

If the plane is so awesome then whey are they now pushed back to 2018? Why is the software failing in testing? Why are the Russians and Chinese doing the same thing with aircraft we are and for a quarter of the cost?( don't give me that espionage bullshit either). Why are the system requirements continually being lowered? I cringe knowing that other countries have been scammed by Lockheed Martin into purchasing this hunk of crap.

As a retired soldier i have seen my fair share of close air support. I would vomit knowing F-35s were on station......and seek alternate ground based support.

Yeah..... end F35 discussion here.

Yeah..... end F35 discussion here.

Signed...and please everyone takes this as Moderator instruction. Thank you, Gentlemen.

I've been a huge fan of this mod ever since it was brought to Arma 2 and it has remained easily the most enjoyable and expansive (in terms of a single faction) I've ever played. Even though things haven't always run that smoothly you've managed to continue expanding and improving this mod for several years and I just have to say thanks for all the time and effort you've put into it, making it into masterpiece, and I cant wait for the next update (or final if it comes to it) when i saw the P3 and BMRs :don3: they just look so beautiful

My primary screenshot guy has moved on to arma3 and is otherwise pretty busy with life. So if anyone is interested in taking screen shots for me please let me know.

In fact post a few of your best screenies here and i will pick who i think does the best job.

Please make the content Project RACS related.

Normally not a glamor pic sort of person, but I will include a few from the CPX.

There are also a few from FSX, with RSAF skins, but not sure if you wanted those are just ArmA?

M1 battery firing, Chahardu Ridge

arty.jpg

Bulldozer being brought back from a location, for future movement by C130 to another area.

arma2oa%25202013-06-10%252015-14-40-37.jpg

First set, from a lengthy mixed relief convoy.

arma2oa%25202013-06-18%252003-34-51-48.jpg

Edited by mannequin

'Useless post about the F-35 for absolutely no reason because I want to talk about it and dis-obey the mods.'

You mods can't touch this, and I just broke your rules. Ha ha, I'm so clever.

wld427. What was your vision as to size of the PRACS, w/r/t both regional and extended projection?

I know I had mentioned it in the past, but was there to be any re-skin of the AV-8B for the Racs? The Etendards are great, but require either a fixed facility or CVN, where-as an LHD is more economical for a smaller regional island power wishing to project regional sea superiority of shipping lanes. If not, that is ok. I have been using them as-is w/Racs pilots. Some weapons couldn't be used, though the lugs are NATO standard, (and ArmA2 doesn't take it into consideration,) for the sake of realism the software wouldn't be part of the AV-8Bs repertoire without upgrade.

Noticed some errors in our server HC RPT file and thought it best to post here to inform you folks:

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Tracked_APC/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/: Turret body obsTurret not found while initializing the model pracs_tk_ext\pracs_tk_bmp1.p3d

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Tracked_APC/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/: Turret gun obsGun not found while initializing the model pracs_tk_ext\pracs_tk_bmp1.p3d

Error: selection missing in memory LOD of model fgs_kung3\kung3.p3d

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Tracked_APC/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/: Turret body obsTurret not found while initializing the model pracs_tk_ext\pracs_tk_type63.p3d

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Tracked_APC/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/: Turret gun obsGun not found while initializing the model pracs_tk_ext\pracs_tk_type63.p3d

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Tracked_APC/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/: Turret body obsTurret not found while initializing the model pracs_tk_ext\pracs_tk_mtlb_apc.p3d

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Tracked_APC/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/: Turret gun obsGun not found while initializing the model pracs_tk_ext\pracs_tk_mtlb_apc.p3d

Noticed some errors in our server HC RPT file and thought it best to post here to inform you folks:

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Tracked_APC/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/: Turret body obsTurret not found while initializing the model pracs_tk_ext\pracs_tk_bmp1.p3d

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Tracked_APC/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/: Turret gun obsGun not found while initializing the model pracs_tk_ext\pracs_tk_bmp1.p3d

Error: selection missing in memory LOD of model fgs_kung3\kung3.p3d

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Tracked_APC/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/: Turret body obsTurret not found while initializing the model pracs_tk_ext\pracs_tk_type63.p3d

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Tracked_APC/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/: Turret gun obsGun not found while initializing the model pracs_tk_ext\pracs_tk_type63.p3d

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Tracked_APC/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/: Turret body obsTurret not found while initializing the model pracs_tk_ext\pracs_tk_mtlb_apc.p3d

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Tracked_APC/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/: Turret gun obsGun not found while initializing the model pracs_tk_ext\pracs_tk_mtlb_apc.p3d

you are running a very old version of the TK extension.

you are running a very old version of the TK extension.

Appreciate the reply wkl427 - I'll let the relevant parties within the group I game with know that this is the case :)