Spotted those chocolate chip camo units...

My reaction

Edited by Bars91

wld is there ANY chance of the UH-1Ns getting a reskin for USMC camo? I LOVE the RACS mod but there is NO other UH-1N with USMC paint scheme. Any chance of this buddy?

@wld427 fantastic looking update on those units, those textures are fantastic. Can't wait to see the new update to the mod, keep up the great work :)

Those updated units look absolutely fantastic!

Great work as always wld427 :D

Total SechS!

That UH1 looks absolutely BadArse! and those troops are very sharp.

Definitely loving the blue chocolate chip camo, been looking for it to use it as well but no luck

Myke;2432571']Love those TOW's on the HUEY...oh' date=' wait, i know these... ;)[/quote']

I promised you I would get them in there somewhere :)

I am wondering which branches the High Command officers are each belonging to?

Anyways, great pictures, good work!!

just playing a very heavy air game on takistan - souped up F35's vs your tk_ext planes and SAM's - having to use every valley and mountain to avoid the missiles... the fitter and the mig21 and the su24 all seem to have AAM missiles that are not spoofed by CM at all. just an observation.

Not sure if this might help, but there are two types of magazines for the CM launchers, one is just flares and the other is flares and chaff. Might be worth checking the F35's config because i think all pre OA aircraft used only the flares.

Pracs leopard 2A4 is the most realistic tank addon ,so can you add more MBTs such as chieftain ,challenger 2 and also winter camo for leopard 2.

Edited by Battleship

just playing a very heavy air game on takistan - souped up F35's vs your tk_ext planes and SAM's - having to use every valley and mountain to avoid the missiles... the fitter and the mig21 and the su24 all seem to have AAM missiles that are not spoofed by CM at all. just an observation.

CMImmunity is only slightly improved to 0.8 over the sidewinders 0.9 to simulate the AA8s ability to lock via radar or IR.

ok well the fall-off of probability of hit is reduced by the square of the numbers i think - see kju's post here

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A3_Locking_Review

cmImmunity

cmImmunity = [0-1];

Determines the probability of not getting distracting by a CM. Flares and chaffs are dropped in pairs, while smokes are single.

CMImmunity_GOOD = 0.8 (for pair of flares its 0.64, for four 0.4)

CMImmunity_MIDDLE = 0.65 (for pair of flares its 0.4, for four 0.16)

CMImmunity_BAD = 0.5 (for pair of flares its 0.25 , for four 0.06)

so for 0.9, pair of flares = 0.81, 4 = 0.66, so the increase from 0.8 to 0.9 makes the missiles between 33% and 60% more likely to hit (if you manage to fire off 4 flares for example) - in reality this means you're a dead man as soon as they fire, especially if they fire a pair at you. maybe 0.84 would be worth a try?

anyway, just an observation - at the moment we are having to bail out if a missile comes in from nowhere - this means its a fitter way above you - asyou KNOW that you can't spoof it. we even have the max speed of the F35B at its correct 1930 km/h and an afterburner, and hammering CM's while swerving down through valleys at 2000 km/h still doesn't ever save you! just an observation though - it's kinda fun... keeps the rescue team busy!

Well then i guess that BIS finally simulated something properly..... The got right just how much of a turd the F-35 really is.

also as stated above, what CM magazines being used in the aircraft make a huge difference. Plus you are looking at information for Arma3.

really? what CM do you recommend?

Cannot wait for the Desert camo units!

The F-35 is an overly expensive turd at that, plus I don't really understand why the Air Force/Navy/Marines want to replace all their combat aircraft with a single plane. There is no way it can do all tasks to the same efficiency as a aircraft dedicated to that role.

Only good thing I see about the F-35 is it's VTOL capabilities and that's it.

Edited by (2142)Gen.Reaper

40 spears..... kind of ridiculous.....

I would rather eat crushed glass and be forced to shit it out as goat turds or play arma3, than see the F-35 make it in service.

The F-35 will go down in history as the single biggest mistake in American military expenditure, simply because they will be going down like a lonely sailor the minute the next major conflict happens.

There is a funny story about Henry Ford standing in front of an all aluminum, dual overhead cam, fuel injected engine circa 1961. He walked into the room and listened to the engineers tell him this long brief as to how this engine would revolutionize the auto industry. Henry Ford quietly picked up a sledge hammer off the work bench, and beat the shit out of the engine. He knocked it off the engine stand screaming it was too expensive. Too expensive too develop, manufacture, and maintain, He said it would drive the cost of automobiles away from the reach of the average man and spiral his company into bankruptcy.

In this time of budget shortfalls a little more thinking like that could go a long way......

ford also loved hitler lol like loved him.

the spear is designed to be carried in racks of 4 and the F35 non stealth has 10 pylons, so not that ridiculous

also it's designed to work with almost any target, so makes a lot of sense potentially... and economically. a bit like the crv7-pg - way better than toting dumb hydras about.

ford also loved hitler lol like loved him.

what does that have to do with anything?????

the spear is designed to be carried in racks of 4 and the F35 non stealth has 10 pylons, so not that ridiculous

also it's designed to work with almost any target, so makes a lot of sense potentially... and economically. a bit like the crv7-pg - way better than toting dumb hydras about.

we all know that putting that much awesomeness on an F-35 will cause the world to implode.

lol, yeah it's certainly hurting the takis right now...

watch this mate

http://www.mbda-systems.com/e-catalogue/#/solutions/air/29/video

RKSL update due out today has up to 40 spears loadable onto a F35...

Even the typhoon can only carry 24 but then only as a demo. The likely load limit is going to be 8. The drag and wing loading will limit them in the real world.

The F35B will probably be limited to 8 on internal stores for the same reason. Just because there is a space to hang a missile does not mean it can actually carry one.

Edit - also the only update due this weekend is for helicopters. Nothing to do with Spear or the F35

sorry rock - it's a misunderstanding - i meant your typhoon missilebox update would have spears in it - i thought the release date was today. my cockpit rearm script update released today in parallel with yours has the potential to put 40 on a f35... didn't mean to imply that you had done this.

i think i actually put 8 on it tbh - can't remember as i was setting up 7 loadouts on each of all opfor and blufor helis and planes plus your new ones....

i imagine an F35 would carry more than 8 though? it's designed to fire maybe 4 at once... i suppose my main thrust with the f35 is that it has 10 pylons and the BIS one sadly lacks more than the internal bays - as its supposed to be the stealth version, although enemy su22's can nail it with one missile so i don'tthink the stealth is turned on lol!

EDIT - yup it has 8 just checked, and 6 brimstones

Edited by eggbeast

sorry rock - it's a misunderstanding - i meant your typhoon missilebox update would have spears in it - i thought the release date was today.

The Air Weapons pack released was released with the Typhoon. Using the RAF Plugin, try AGAA5. It has the probable config for the Typhoon.

i imagine an F35 would carry more than 8 though? it's designed to fire maybe 4 at once...

Maybe the F-35A or C could but the B is very weight limited it could take off with external stores but it cant hover with them. Atleast heavy stores so its unlikely they would fit an expensive rack if they have to drop it to land back on the carrier.

Right now (from what limited info publicly available) the Lockheed/BAES/MDBA's (the RAF dont have an opinion yet) plan is to have 8 Spear3s on the internal main pylon. 2x AMRAAM/ASRAAM/AIM-9X on the self rigging inner doors and if pylons are fitted. 2x Fuel tanks on the inner pylons. 2x upto 1000lb weapons on the middle pylons and 2x ASRAAM/AIM-9X on the outer pylon. Mounting the Spear3s internally reduces the chance of asymmetric drag once 1 or more weapons are fired. In the real world to fit more would be dangerous.

In game it might be fun for the pilot but it does kill a lot of the fun for the guys one the ground. My preference is for realism but tempered with balanced game play. I dont think loading a plane down with every weapon possible is much fun in the long run. People get bored of it quickly.

yeah true - this is way offtopic now - i was reporting an impossible-to-spoof missile to eddie - but yeah i see F35's with the quad pods externally, but I imagine they're for SDBs? they seem to have a quad and two double pods, and 2 AAM's on each side so could take maybe 16 at a push. My loadout has 2 quads and a pair of triples, so not too different from real. anyway - thanks for making em mate - they work real well! a great addition to the game, as is RACS.