there are some warfare based buildings available already in the mod. We have a field hospital, radar site, sam site, barracks, and fuel points.

cc. those were being used along with other stand-alone, was curious if others were planned.

Right now I am using one of the M250 to drop a shipping containers designated as a mobile hospital/clinic - CSH point, giving the medivac vehicles, centralized areas to remove wounded to.

Same concept in being used for LRPs, FARPs, etc. Similar in a warfare fashion were (x) CS/CSS unit of a specific type can construct a FARP, over (y) amount of time, or CSH if type unit is designated as such.

Why did Sahrani get involved in the conflict in lingor?

RACS are not involved in Lingor.

Edited by mannequin

Are there still plans to bring RACS into A3?

Ever since switching over from A2 to A3 it hasn't been nearly as fun without this mod.

I surely would like to see RACS in A3 some day. But me and some of my friends are still awaiting the new version for A2.

Keep up the great work!

Are there still plans to bring RACS into A3?

Probably not. I don't think there were ever any to begin with...

Gotcha, that's a bummer. I thought wld had mentioned something about bringing PRACS into A3 awhile ago but I could be wrong about that.

EDIT:

Yeah, several months ago I asked wld if he had any future plans to create an OPFOR faction for the RACS mod, he responded:

That really depends on how aweful the opfor winds up being for arma3. As of right this second with the TK extension it fills out the Takis pretty well. Theya re currently my favorite opfor force.

I then asked if the ArmA 3 RACS forces would be modern day RACS or if they'd be 2035'd RACS, and got this response:

I really am not sure yet. Arma3 will be set that far in future but from discussions with most modders i dont expect to see many mods that far advanced.

most likely what you will see is an iteration of what we have now with upgrades and modernizations.

No RACS F-22/F35 or any crap like that. Expect to see your favorite stuff with updated cockpits and enhancements to use the new technology. RKSl rock and i are combining some of our efforts in the IAP project (when i say combining i mean me begging and helping where i can while he is tolerating it enough to share his models with me) so some of the older and more tired models may go out the window for something fresh of the same time period. Tonight we discussed a POSSIBLE replacement for the A-4. Rock is interested in making an A-7 model so adjustments like that can be expected. What i am really anxious to find out is how arma3 will effect my charachter models. If i have to throw everything out and start over, it will be a massive setback. Don't expect to see Master Chief with a sahrani flag on his shoulder but more closer to now time frame.

This led me to believe that there would be plans at some point to bring RACS into ArmA 3. The conversation dated back to the end of November last year.

Edited by stupidwhitekid75

This led me to believe that there would be plans at some point to bring RACS into ArmA 3. The conversation dated back to the end of November last year.

Things Change. Eddie (WLD427) is soon to a Father Again. His time is limited and right now he has other interests and definitely other priorities.

Things Change. Eddie (WLD427) is soon to a Father Again. His time is limited and right now he has other interests and definitely other priorities.

Yes my time is overrun preparing for the arrival of my son. Current status of my wife looks like this old soldier will get a Fourth of July baby. Kind of fitting i guess.

I have been slacking on finishing up the last few bits for the final version of A2 Project RACS. I honestly have lost most of my interest in this game. I built Project RACS with the intent of multiplayer activity. It was severely lacking. I even provided missions and a free to use server. It never really took off. In the end that is what broke my heart and sapped my interest in modding for this game. Maybe I will pick it up heavily again at a later date. I still tinker in the editor sometimes tho.

In regards to arma3, I am not sure what i will do. My interest in the game is hindered by my blatant disappointment of Arma3. I think its a piece of crap. I don't understand the future garbage and I feel the concept of the game sucks. Whoever storyboarded the factions needs to quit taking the brown acid. The devs definitely got A3 wrong. If i were to bring PRACS to A3 then I would have to make an OPFOR too. Definitely not worth it in my opinion. Especially with the limited interest. The improvements to the engine have my interest peaked but the game gives me nothing. At least OA gave me a realistic OPFOR to shoot at.(even then the modders had to finish BIS's work)

personally I was offended by BIS for giving the Israeli sourced weapons to Iran implying destruction of Israel.

I hate to be making a political statement in this crappy little video game world but there are some things i believe in.

With that said I do still have an open mind as this is still a beta and the game is rather fluid in development as far as the factions are concerned. If the first available DLC is all the A2 stuff in A3 then i will jump on board.

till then enjoy your simulator game that's been overrun by zombie fanatics.

TAKE NOTICE

I do still monitor these forums regularly. I give ABSOLUTELY NO permissions for anyone to use, modify, change, or otherwise edit any portion of Project RACS or The Takistani Extension without my expressed approval.

Thanks for the update wld427. I hope you do find the urge to release the last update for A2 PRACS, I really enjoy the mod as a whole.

Good luck with the inbound supply drop ;)

Right, I am well aware, hence why I was asking if there were still plans. Ballistic said that he didn't think there ever were any plans for an A3 RACS mod to begin with but I knew somewhere that wld had talked about it.

I built Project RACS with the intent of multiplayer activity. It was severely lacking. I even provided missions and a free to use server. It never really took off. In the end that is what broke my heart and sapped my interest in modding for this game.

If it makes you feel any better, I know for certain that the RACS mod was used in MP often, just not usually on your server. Please don't take this as an insult, but whenever I got on the RACS server to play the map was set to Chernarus and that was "meh" in my opinion. I'm not a huge Chernarus fan as it is, and the RACS forces just didn't really seem to fit that map in particular - they would've felt much better on Takistan or Zargabad, or some other desert themed map. Of course thats only my opinion, and I could totally be wrong...maybe Chernarus wasn't the only map featured, maybe I just missed the other maps which were in rotation the 4-5 times that I got on to play. I am much more of a single player anyways, I have yet to really jump into the MP scene.

In regards to arma3, I am not sure what i will do. My interest in the game is hindered by my blatant disappointment of Arma3. I think its a piece of crap. I don't understand the future garbage and I feel the concept of the game sucks. Whoever storyboarded the factions needs to quit taking the brown acid. The devs definitely got A3 wrong.

I completely agree with you here. It's not so much that I'm not a fan of the futuristic route they took, its just the design decisions seem stupid. The OPFOR don't even seem like people to me, it looks like shooting at big headed robots. It seems like it would've made much more sense for them to create a present day (or near present day) conflict with two fictitious sides similar to what they did with ArmA 1. That would've allowed them to create and introduce all sorts of new content while still keeping the modern setting. I really don't have much interest anymore in A3 but that interest would probably return if I knew that some of my favorite mods would be coming back (RACS), which in my opinion would actually make the game really enjoyable and worth playing.

Anyways, enough with that, my question has been answered. If this is the end of the road for you and your mod, I must say thank you once again for the years of enjoyment you gave me and many others with your mod. It is probably what has kept me playing ArmA for as long as I have. Congratulations and good luck to you and your new son wld :)

i know how you feel - working with unsung team at the moment as well as our guys making a domination and my evolution missions and with all of us you can see the personal tension caused by having two games on your mind - the nice stable arma2 world and the daunting, horrific, changes-daily scripting hell of A3-alpha.

Give it time is all i say, the first big island just got released for A3 and it makes you realise that we can play RACS vs RHS or whatever on it. I'm all for dropping the future stuff and making best use of the improvements for reality based wargames (vietnam, WW2 and millennium era conflicts like soviet states/african states etc)

here's how i've been working with PRACS - it's a key component of my upcoming release of Evolution Universe - MP co-op persistent gameplay with all the best scenarios built in. I got wrong-footed a little by Arma3 - had to build a missions for the boys, then my cockpit rearm script took me to unsung and the steamy jungles of cao bang for lots of punji trap dodging, and then back to rock's new release notes to update it all (+ a potential collaboration with FRL for mykes weapons to be included in this monster), BUT basically you start the mission, then select what you want to play. In the misison screen below I've highlighted the classic PRACS Sahrani model.

Evo_uni-1_zps79829825.jpg

I will probably release a variable version (server hosts use at your own risk - muppet joiners will have wrong mods on) and also make a preset menu with preselected factions etc - so pure PRACS, Unsung, RHS/pookie red, etc

PRACS lives - we're playing it right now on our takistan server with pracs_tk as enemies.

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

one minor question - does the fitter AA missile have any cmimmunity value? cos it is impossible to spoof it so far! one has taken me out about 40x this week at least lol. i fly dedicated CAP patrols to take the fitter out once he shows his face. he flies about at 10,000ft and i have to hunt him drifting in from above with my engines off in a F35 with 6 sparrows and 4 9x's. about a quarter of the time i might get him before he gets me... awesome fun

The Tavors (TRGs) were BLUFOR the whole time since alpha release, though a recent Field Manual mentions their use by "GREEN Guerillas" instead, and the Merkavas are nowhere to be seen (nor are any MBTs), so holding anything from 2011 against BI/Arma 3 is just plain outdated.

At this point, I'm imagining that whoever it was at BI behind the future setting was just straight bored of the "modern" setting... frankly I wouldn't be surprised if that boredom was an influence behind the quality of A2 and OA.

Thx for the update wld427 ! :yay:

I like this project ! :bounce3:

Hey Wld427 ,

The R.A.C.S Gamer´s are not dead , many Fans Play this game in the Backround .

I have modded for my self many new Jeeps (Landrover 8 Versions) and i Work at many Multiplayer Missions for the Community ( In this Moment at Landing Operation with R.A.C.S Socom , Royal Marinal and Paratroopers.)

The Project is a very good Mod , and i think many player use the mod after Arma 3 .

I hope you finishingthe last update in the Next Time , and when you need help you can Call me (-.

I which your familile and the new baby many luck and when you need help , her is the Teamspeak adress for Contact me (non password) 178.238.226.145:9980

Greats Doc

The Tavors (TRGs) were BLUFOR the whole time since alpha release, though a recent Field Manual mentions their use by "GREEN Guerillas" instead, and the Merkavas are nowhere to be seen (nor are any MBTs), so holding anything from 2011 against BI/Arma 3 is just plain outdated.

True, but the "Red" faction's machine gun, the Zafir, is actually the IMI Negev NG7. Something that many people don't seem to notice as BI seems to have lost their backbone when it comes to naming weapons and vehicles authentically... :mad:

... you do realize that neither Ivan Buchta nor Martin Pezlar are actually legally in the clear, right? BI is still tiptoeing their way around that (open) case, hell you had it happen right on GameSpot's E3 stage when Jay Crowe seemed to catch himself while talking about the case and seguing into a generic "we're just happy that they're back", and I would not be surprised (or bothered) if that influences BI's attitude towards so-called "authenticity".

In any case, according to the Field Manual it's not actually the Negev NG7, it's a Chinese ripoff. :p Rather conveniently, BI can point to the real-world history of unlicensed copies (Norinco CQ-M4, anyone?) to that end, seeing as the snippets of story glimpsed in the Field Manual already had (not-too-direct) Chinese arms R&D assistance to OPFOR with, if I recall, the Katiba.

... you do realize that neither Ivan Buchta nor Martin Pezlar are actually legally in the clear, right? BI is still tiptoeing their way around that (open) case, hell you had it happen right on GameSpot's E3 stage when Jay Crowe seemed to catch himself while talking about the case and seguing into a generic "we're just happy that they're back", and I would not be surprised (or bothered) if that influences BI's attitude towards so-called "authenticity".

And what does that have to do with the naming of weapons and vehicles? As far as I can tell, that only influenced the naming of the islands and the factions... The generic naming of the weapons and vehicles dates back to 2011.

I understand that they're using generic names to skirt around licensing/copyright issues, but I still think it's silly.

Edited by Ballistic09

Yes my time is overrun preparing for the arrival of my son. Current status of my wife looks like this old soldier will get a Fourth of July baby. Kind of fitting i guess.

Mozel Tov!

I have been slacking on finishing up the last few bits for the final version of A2 Project RACS. I honestly have lost most of my interest in this game. I built Project RACS with the intent of multi-player activity. It was severely lacking. I even provided missions and a free to use server. It never really took off. In the end that is what broke my heart and sapped my interest in modding for this game. Maybe I will pick it up heavily again at a later date. I still tinker in the editor sometimes tho.

From what I have read on this forum, the RACS are still in high demand. As I have stated, for the CPX arena the work you have done with the PRACS and TK extensions has borne fruit, on numerous occasions. Outside of minor issues, (CS/CSS,) those are easy work-arounds using attach-to--to put a small crate on Pinzgauer to simulate a FRS, or to place a trailer to simulate a SATS, SEW, HSTRU, MKT-90, etc.

In regards to arma3, I am not sure what i will do. My interest in the game is hindered by my blatant disappointment of Arma3. I think its a piece of crap. I don't understand the future garbage and I feel the concept of the game sucks. Whoever story-boarded the factions needs to quit taking the brown acid. The devs definitely got A3 wrong. If i were to bring PRACS to A3 then I would have to make an OPFOR too. Definitely not worth it in my opinion. Especially with the limited interest. The improvements to the engine have my interest peaked but the game gives me nothing. At least OA gave me a realistic OPFOR to shoot at.(even then the modders had to finish BIS's work)

There remains a lot of life in ArmA2OA/CO, and nothing about 3 thrills me enough to waste coin on it.

As for the rest. Their politics mean nothing, and doesn't change the price of tea in Micronesia, or anywhere else.

Edited by mannequin

Chortles does have a really good point though. Iran is known for reverse engineering weapons. The KL-7.62 is an Iranian copy of the AKM. The S.5'56 is a copy of the Chinese Norinco CQ which is a copy of an AR. They even use the Uzi IRL which would be considered zionist made weapon, so I wouldn't put using a Chinese rip of the Negev off so fast. As far as the naming goes, look at the stupid names the Iranians give their weapons and vehicles - Nakhijr (SVD), Saegheh (RPG), Boragh (BMP-1), etc... I think the names BI chose actual fit well.

As bad as the content is, a lot of the engine improvements and new features presented in A3 are absolutely awesome. I never am one to complain much about graphics, but compared to A3, ArmA 2 doesn't look half as good (especially at night). Not to mention I can totally see the RACS forces blending in amazingly with the terrain on Stratis. I'm sure Atlis will be very similar, and from screen shots I've seen it maybe even almost Sahrani-like. I don't know how many people have checked out the new "Sites" module feature, but it is awesome. Basically it lets you place down a marker and it automatically populates the area defined (including buildings) with troops of whichever faction you choose. Great for missions on the fly or to start yourself in a base that actually looks pretty realistic without doing much work. The support requester was in ArmA 2 but now its a lot easier to implement and use and has some additional features and much better customization that wasn't ever there in the past. Can you imagine calling in a RACS S-213 barrage on some enemy Takistani's? Or a RACS Mirage III Bomber dropping its payload on a Takistani machine gun nest? Or call in a SA330 Puma to air lift your squad to the frontlines, or even an Angry Bird to strafe an enemy convoy as it drives along the road?

What I'm getting at is that ArmA 3 kind of sucks right now with the content provided, but it still has the opportunity to be great over time if the community puts some work into it. I know that it shouldn't be that way, but we cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand. I hate to see so many amazing mods go that really make the game really worth playing, like RACS and CWR for example.

Here are a couple of pics.

New version of UH-1N and the Fusiliers in desert cammo and the rest of the troops

Pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:20 ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 ----------

a few more pics showing the rest of the troops

Pic6.jpg

(103 kB)

pic4.jpg

Edited by wld427

hydras, tows, quad gimpy's and 50 cal brownings in the doorguns? fantastic! can't wait