just by way of update eddie, i've been rebuilding our evolution mission to be able to run PRACS with a server start parameter for every version of the mission on almost every island in A2.

this also should work for unsung nam, RHS armour and GLT/RKSL aicraft and duala/lingor units etc. so in future anyone playing our missions will be able to fire up PRACS, fire up the mission and toggle on PRACS in params and off they go... the idea is to take away all the difficulty in managing missions and mods.

looking forward to playing with your new content when it's ready.

Hello everyone! What is the theme of petered out.

I am really not sure what that means......

Just so everyone knows, I have a new baby due August 4th. So my time is tied up alot with preparing my home for the arrival of my son as well as spring cleanup. So development is delayed a bit. It does not wear too much on my mind as the last discussion i had in the skype chat i got into a huge argument with some jackasses about how i do not want my mod, opened, edited, or molested.Then they pretty much told me they were going to do it anyhow and i could not stop people from doing it. Extremely demotivating.

either way the update to everyones favorite crappy, substandard mod will be in your hands soon.

PS so you all know i posted this while floating in my pool from my tablet ;)

awesome news mate. good luck with the third trimester... you sound like you've got morning sickness there. i know how it feels having had an avalanche of do-gooding meddlers in arma3... don't let the bastards grind you down (me included!)

Rob

either way the update to everyones favorite crappy, substandard mod will be in your hands soon.

Outstanding news!!!! Another recruit that will play Arma 6 o 7 when he/she comes of age!!

Contratulations, Eddie!!!!!

PS: PRACS is the opposite of substandard!!!

Congrats mate on the incoming new addition to your clan!

Whats the difference between the takistan extension and the tk extension. It looks like one is a day newer, is there another difference?

Whats the difference between the takistan extension and the tk extension. It looks like one is a day newer, is there another difference?

I dunno. i dont keep old version of any portion of the mod.

use the newest.

(Early) congratulations on having yourself a new family member Wld!

And your PRACS mod isn't below standard, but rather setting a most excellent standard of its own.

I for one am glad to have it around the way it is: The way its meant to be. :)

Either way the update to everyones favorite crappy, substandard mod will be in your hands soon.

So, i'm looking extremely forward to fly around in my favorite crappy, substandart P3-Orion and take out crappy, substandart Taki ships on this crappy, substandart map Sahrani. No, honestly, it's great to hear that it'll come along soon, and i am sure it will stay the same standart of quality it ever had, which makes RACS such an outstanding and amazing Mod.

By the way, i absolutely *have* to try out the addons, these other people Make. I mean, if someone calls RACS crappy and substandart, the mods this person makes must be almost straight from real life with the best model and texture ever and have tons of animations and all that, so it could be imported into ArmA 6 already now. Shouldn't it? (In case of your sarcasm detectors going of right now, i apologise, that was my fault)

Just ignore these idiotas, have fun and good luck in developing the mod, and don't float too far out :)

Just tested the Super Etendart (RSN) version a bit, and i'm completely unable to land it. Somehow, when i slow down, the plane just kind-off gets stuck in midair, doesnt react to any steering and won't really go downwars either. I was able to float over a 3km long runway, at speeds of about 6 km/h without any movement and did not manage to get the Bird on the ground. It's only fixable with accelerating, thus regaining control of the Airplane.

- Mods: RACS & Sahrani

- Latest Beta Version/Patch.

- Testes with Navy Super Etendart in CAS CAP GBU and ASW Loadout. (Suggestion² - please consider changeing ASW to Anti Ship or ASuW, as ASW stands for Anti Submarine Warfare, but the Loadout is tuned for Anti-Shipping/Anti-Surface aka. ASuW.), not with the Marines' Etendart. I also tested without Flaps, Flaps on half, and Flaps out Full.

Would be nice if you could look into it. The flight model itself is great, it's only this floating while landing that disturbs.

No need to bug report or test the currently released version. The final encompasses about 8 months worth of constant work on the mod. The majority of issues have already been addressed.

(Suggestion² - please consider changeing ASW to Anti Ship or ASuW, as ASW stands for Anti Submarine Warfare, but the Loadout is tuned for Anti-Shipping/Anti-Surface aka. ASuW.)

semantics

Will you enable/fix Vehicle animations in the future Update, too?

The Seahorse class Patrol Boat, which seems to be a Donation from the SFP Mod, can open a hatch at it's front in the SFP, and has passenger seats down there. Once the hatch opens, Marines could leave the boat. It would be quite nice for the RSMC, since right now they don't have any real landing boats, and RHIB's aren't really suited to transport whole 10+Man squads. Since the model in your Mod seems to be identical, this animation should be include-able to be performed by the boat driver.

Also, the M109 Paladin - in the original mod - can retract and extend some kind of steel planes on it's rear to stabilize itself during firing. All these animations would make RACS look a bit better than it already looks, and since the models were basically donations, i think these Anims should be add-able without any major problems. Just thought i'd lay it down as a suggestion, in case you haven't already thought about it. There doesn't need to be any function behind it (making the cannon more accurate ect, that's just not needed, but the anim itself would look cool for videos and such)

hi Elena, I'm not sure if you realise it but the kind of posts you make in here are going to drive any mod maker nuts. given what replies you've received already maybe it wouldn't hurt to play the game and make suggestions a little less. in my experience arma players often get too hyped about what can come next to enjoy the material that has been produced for them in hours, days and months of hard graft.

the really bad posters make mistakes like

a) demanding change or otherwise wording suggestions as though they're entitled to see it done

b) suggest stuff that makes very little difference to playability but would take months for the modder to execute

c) assume relationships within any mod system are all open-access and free-love

d) assuming that the mod/mission maker isn't exhausted/preoccupied/up to his neck sorting out some BIS re-coding SNAFU in arma3 lol

i think i'd be grateful enough to receive the update as seen in the pics posted. the new vehicles look amazing and i've already re-made my missions to make use of them.

anyway, take care.

Hi egg.

Yes, it's true that any of the a-d's you mentionned would drive any addonmaker Nuts, if i bother him. However, i purposely picked out specific things from which i know they are nothing more than a little patch in the config. Regarding c) it's a stated fact that these models have been kindly used or donated, and are inherited from other Modifications. In fact, the animation sources aeem to be there in the Model. Writing a small config pach and loading it together with RACS, i get positive animation results already via scripting.

_this animate["travel_lock",1]; _this animate["travel_lock",0]; //Removes and Engages the Travel Lock around the cannon

_this animate["latch",1]; _this animate["latch",0]; //Opens/Closes the claw at the travel lock

_this animate["spades",1]; _this animate["spades",0]; //extends and retracts the spades on the rear

_this animate["bars",1]; _this animate["bars",0]; // extends and retracts the stability bars at the spades.

All work smoothly with this confg patch for the RACS M109 Class

class AnimationSources

{

class travel_lock

{

source = "user";

animPeriod = 2;

initPhase = 1;

minValue = 0;

maxValue = 1;

};

class latch

{

source = "user";

animPeriod = 2;

initPhase = 1;

minValue = 0;

maxValue = 1;

};

class spades

{

source = "user";

animPeriod = 2;

initPhase = 0;

minValue = 0;

maxValue = 1;

};

class bars

{

source = "user";

animPeriod = 2;

initPhase = 0;

minValue = 0;

maxValue = 1;

};

};

The Anims might play a bit too slow/fast but thats something i can fix, fiddling around with the numbers.

Note: i did in no way edit any RACS Config, this is a standalone patch selfmade for testing purposes only!

Just laying it out that all i suggested (and not asked for! I am not entitled to see them, since ans proved above, it can also be done by some mission-side scripting, wld implementing it into his addon would be his choice and just easy it all up, plus people like to play around with some animations :) is already included in the model, and only has to be "activated" within the config. It's a minor issue which would simply look better.

And now i'm going to agree with you that the mod as-is already is indeed very nice (which i also have mentionned multiple times before in PM or the forums ;) ) and i'm now going to jump ingame to enjoy it. Have a nice day!

- Elena.

Hello everyone! How are things going with the mod?

Hi Moviemaster,

How the things are going with the mod can be easily tracked by simply reading the thread. Please take not that posts like "any updates?" or "when will it be released?" is considered spam in this forum and handled accordingly.

Minor bug report. Not sure if this has been caught already, but in the currently released version, the M113 with the M60 only has a 3 man cargo capacity as compared to the 11 that all the other M113's hold. Just figured i'd point it out in case noone else has. Otherwise, can't wait for the next release!

Minor bug report. Not sure if this has been caught already, but in the currently released version, the M113 with the M60 only has a 3 man cargo capacity as compared to the 11 that all the other M113's hold. Just figured i'd point it out in case noone else has. Otherwise, can't wait for the next release!

Just noticed a small cargo bug with the Pinzgauer 6x6 the other day. 1 guy was hovereing above his seat and it had the same passenger capacity as the Pinzgauer 4x4 cargo. Don't know if this has already been addressed.

All I can say is keep up the excellent work. The RACS, though outnumbered, have performed magnificently in the CPX, which has been running for 11 months and counting, across three separate maps. Resshman Province, PMC 51km Desert, and Takistan.

Thanks for the report. The mod has always been focused on multiplayer performance. I am glad it lives up to your expectations.

Me Culpa, I should have elaborated. The CPX is PBEM (play by email - turn based), not RT MP. In this environment it has performed admirably, especially the S-213 and M-1.

A question: Were there any plans on developing the M77 DPICM for the M-1 or D-20?

Actually no.

The improved rounds will come with the newer M-198 and M-102 howitzers

Thank you for the hard work, and I look forward to these additions when they are available--surely they will be put through their paces.

During the future is there any plans on including additional logistical elements, e.g. arpa2000 field kitchen, connex boxed Mobile Hospital & Mobile Clinic, etc? Currently using the Kp125, and standard storage container as an all-encompassing for all sides.